“Good solid hotel in a great location”

Mercure London Bloomsbury
Ranked #337 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Southlake, Texas
“Good solid hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

In December I accompanied 2 couples on a trip to London, Paris and Rome. I wrote a review based on the experience my clients had at the Mercure Bloomsbury. I am now writing a review on my experience. The Mercure is a great business style hotel that works for leisure as well. There is always someone at the front desk to assist. The lift is quite small and so are many of the rooms. Since this is a modern hotel in a old building, the room size and shape are not consistent within categories. I had a superior double room which was very cozy. The door opened as far as the bed would allow. Wheeling in my carry on bag was a single file experience. The bed was so close to the wall if there were two in the room one would have to "climb into bed" Was it too small for me? Not at all, I quite enjoyed it....will it be too small for others or more than one? Perhaps. Upon reserving I recommend emailing the hotel with a request for the roomiest room in your booking category. Do not book by price alone if you are at all concerned about the size of your room...this is not just at the Mercure but anywhere outside the US. The breakfast was wonderful and the Mercure has a restaurant on site. When I travel, I am all about location and the Mercure Bloomsbury is in a great one. As for my other review, the Mercure did respond to me directly and assured me their employees will no longer lend out their personal items to guests. I was quite pleased with their response about all the issues I mentioned in my review. Staying in the Bloomsbury area? Consider the Mercure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
GregBlack, General Manager at Mercure London Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor and we are glad to hear that we were able to improve the image you had of the hotel from your previous experience.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a comfortable stay and were satisfied with all the services provided.

Your feedback is important to us and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Your Team at the Mercure Bloomsbury

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Gateshead
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Just stayed for the weekend at this beautiful hotel and I cannot recommend it highly enough. The staff are wonderful and cannot do enough for you. The rooms are spotlessly clean. It is not tatty and in need of update like a lot of hotels in that area. It is in a great position to get around without having to use the tubes and It's easy walking distance from Kings Cross. We can't wait to go back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carol S
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure reading your lovely review about your stay with us.

We are glad that your girls weekend was enjoyable throughout. Your feedback is important to us and we are already looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel for your next girls weekend.

Newcastle
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've just returned from my first visit to this hotel and I have to say it was brilliant! I was there for a girls weekend and the hotel got top marks from all 5 of us. The location is excellent and the standard of the accommodation was wonderful at a very reasonable price. The staff were so friendly and helpful but Gilbert was exceptional - he couldn't do enough to help us. With a member of staff like him the hotel can't fail to impress. I know we will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review about your recent experience with us.

We are delighted to hear that you and your friends had a very good time and we are already looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Your Team at tha Mercure Bloomsbury
Coleraine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have just stayed in this hotel for the second time in a few months and I have now decided this will be my regular place to stay in London. It is not the biggest hotel in the world which is a good thing in my opinion, the rooms are clean, today, well equipped and a good size compared to some I have stayed in around London. The only food I had in the hotel was breakfast but I would be happy to have lunch or dinner based on the quality of the breakfast. The staff are particularly helpful and friendly and a special shout to Tomas! I will be back again soon

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GregBlack, General Manager at Mercure London Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you took the time to review us again with your latest experiences at the hotel.

It was a real pleasure to read your lovely review comments about the staff and all the services provided. We are glad to hear that we will be your first choice for any trips to London in the future.

Your feedback is important to us and we will certainly share it with all the team.