In December I accompanied 2 couples on a trip to London, Paris and Rome. I wrote a review based on the experience my clients had at the Mercure Bloomsbury. I am now writing a review on my experience. The Mercure is a great business style hotel that works for leisure as well. There is always someone at the front desk to assist. The lift is quite small and so are many of the rooms. Since this is a modern hotel in a old building, the room size and shape are not consistent within categories. I had a superior double room which was very cozy. The door opened as far as the bed would allow. Wheeling in my carry on bag was a single file experience. The bed was so close to the wall if there were two in the room one would have to "climb into bed" Was it too small for me? Not at all, I quite enjoyed it....will it be too small for others or more than one? Perhaps. Upon reserving I recommend emailing the hotel with a request for the roomiest room in your booking category. Do not book by price alone if you are at all concerned about the size of your room...this is not just at the Mercure but anywhere outside the US. The breakfast was wonderful and the Mercure has a restaurant on site. When I travel, I am all about location and the Mercure Bloomsbury is in a great one. As for my other review, the Mercure did respond to me directly and assured me their employees will no longer lend out their personal items to guests. I was quite pleased with their response about all the issues I mentioned in my review. Staying in the Bloomsbury area? Consider the Mercure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary 4 star boutique style hotel with complimentary WiFi, air conditioning & rainfall showers. Within walking distance of many of London's top attractions British Museum, Covent Garden, Oxford Street & Theatres. In close proximity to Russell Square tube station. Euston mainline station and Kings Cross St Pancras for Eurostar are nearby. Enjoy a bite to eat or a relaxing drink in our recently refurbished restaurant and bar, followed by a stroll in London's fashionable Bloomsbury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure London Bloomsbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London Bloomsbury Hotel London
- Waverley House Hotel London