The 109-room Mercure Hotel Bloomsbury, situated as it is in Southampton Row, is in a very convenient location for visitors - near to the British Museum, Covent Garden, Russell Square, Lincoln's Inn Field and other attractions. Added to this, there is a variety of restaurants, coffee shops and pubs within a few minutes' walk of the hotel.
The Mercure's rooms are compact (like many London hotels), but comfortable. Our only gripe was that there wasn't a fridge, and the air-conditioner effectively had only two settings: off and freezing cold; this despite the maintenance department's efforts to adjust it. Also, Mercure is not very generous with its "free" WiFi, which is limited to a measly 2GBs a day.
Still, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this establishment to others visiting London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary 4 star boutique style hotel with complimentary WiFi, air conditioning & rainfall showers. Within walking distance of many of London's top attractions British Museum, Covent Garden, Oxford Street & Theatres. In close proximity to Russell Square tube station. Euston mainline station and Kings Cross St Pancras for Eurostar are nearby. Enjoy a bite to eat or a relaxing drink in our recently refurbished restaurant and bar, followed by a stroll in London's fashionable Bloomsbury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure London Bloomsbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London Bloomsbury Hotel London
- Waverley House Hotel London