We decided on a week in London over Christmas. Our primary concerns were location and value for money. We chose the Citadines as you got a kitchenette in your room so we could prep our own food if we wanted to and also the location was great - walking distance to most of the places we wanted to visit.
The hotel was great at communication. We were driving down and needed to use their car park. We had plenty of help finding the car park. Check-in process was nice and quick. We did have to reject our first room as someone had dropped fish in the corridor outside the door and it smelled awful but the second room was fine, in a quieter location and they even gave us a free bottle of wine for our trouble which was pretty generous as it really wasn't a big deal.
The facilities in the room all seemed pretty new and everything worked. When we needed a couple of extra pans it was no issue for them and they were brought up within minutes.
We paid a little extra to get daily housekeeping in our room (not standard in the apartments) and it was worth it - nice to come back to a clean room.
All in all a perfectly adequate hotel when it came to the room and I think you get what you pay for.
The outstanding bit is really the breakfast! Now it could just be that it was to my taste but I loved brekkie. Lots of different types of breads and pastries. Lots of meats and cheeses. Smoked salmon rolls, fresh made waffles and boiled eggs to order. Lots of juices including squeeze your own orange juice. Unlimited hot drinks - good quality coffee. All in all a perfect breakfast to get your day started.
Location wise it was perfect. It was in a nice area - bright outside and the wonderful Rosewood opposite (visit the bar there - it is brilliant). We walked to the theatre, to Covent Garden, so Fortnum and Masons, to Selfridges, to Trafalgar Sq - everywhere seemed pretty close.
Finally the staff were great - very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a short walk from Covent Garden and close to the financial and business district, Citadines Prestige Holborn-Covent Garden London is surrounded by traditional pubs, international restaurants, art galleries and churches. At Covent Garden, visit the converted 19th-century fruit and vegetable market, the London Transport Museum and the famous Royal Opera House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Prestige Holborn - Covent Garden Hotel London
- Citadines Holborn Covent Garden London
- Citadines Holborn Covent Garden Hotel