“Decent hotel, great location, but over priced for experience”

Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London
Ranked #353 of 1,075 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed here this week while working up the street. The location is excellent. Close to Covent Garden one way, Clerkenwell the other. The rooms are decent and well soundproofed. As it is an apart-hotel the standard room(studio) is a good size.

The breakfast was uninspiring but edible (although my colleague went to Starbucks every day instead). The whole place was clean and well looked after.

There was little atmosphere/soul whatever you want to call it. The staff rarely moved from behind the front desk and the desk service was pretty slow on check in.

For the price I paid there are much better places nearby, in fact I could have stayed at the Rosewood across the street for a similar price and that is #8 on the Tripadvisor list for London

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review I am sorry we could not make your stay more confortable and I hope you would give us a second chance to change your mind.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Citadines Prestige is an apartment-style hotel just round the corner from Holborn underground station, so the location is great if you're looking to be in/around the Covent Garden area. Rather like other aparment-hotels, the rooms are nicely appointed but the communal areas aren't as comfortable.

Reception is functional and staff helpful, checkin with minimum fuss and there was access to a secure baggage storage facility. Complementary wi-fi is available throughout the hotel.

Rooms are very nicely appointed, bathroom appeared to have been recently renovated and the kitchenette, which is off the main bedroom, has everything you might need for a short stay. It was spotless too.

The hotel runs back quite a way so it's larger than it looks from the street. However, the rooms along the sides have no real view and the building next door is quite close. Thanks to net curtains, it doesn't feel intrusive but if you want a nice view of a London street then choose a room at the front of the hotel.

Downstairs the facilities are 'OK' - I don't know if there was a bar, we didn't use it if there was as there's loads of good pubs within a 1 minute walk. Same for breakfast.

In summary, a good option for its location and room quality. A good base for a couple on a short trip to London and the price was very good for a central London hotel. Business facilities aren't a strong point.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your feedback which I was delighted to receive.
I am so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us and how much you liked our rooms. We hope to see you soon!
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines prestige London Holborn in the near future.
With our very best wishes,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed last 12 February 2014.

The hotel is ideally located walking distance to Soho, Covent Garden all the theatres and the West end. Holborn Tube station is right around the corner so anywhere in London is easy to get to.

I stayed there on business but would equally stay there with the wife or family.

The hotel itself is very clean and furnished to a very good standard, the breakfast is good quality and well presented.

The whole hotel as a very laid back relaxed ambience which makes just sitting in the lobby a pleasure fairly low lighting with a drinks machine that give you excellent complimentary coffee.

The staff are all very friendly and helpful and the rooms are great each has a kitchenette which is ideal if you were staying for a number of days.

I haven`t got any negatives to be honest and will definitely be staying there again.

Fantastic

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank G_LS26

dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback will be shared with my team here at Citadines Prestige Holborn Covent-Garden . Feedback such as yours inspire us to continually provide and improve the level of service that guests have come to expect.
Once again, thank you for making us one of your preferred accommodation choices. We look forward to welcoming you again at any one of our serviced residences.

Kind regards,

Germana GENOVESE | Residence Manager

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I had the pleasure to stay in this wonderful hotel in January 2014, it's unique location, wonderful amenities and welcoming and helpful staff have just added to my stay in London.

I stayed in a club room which I recommend for any one thinking to book a room in this great hotel. having free Wi-FI internet and breakfast included in the room rate made everything more easy.

the room itself is spacious and provide the convenience of a hotel apartment with microwave oven fridge dish washer and cooker.
I have greatly enjoyed my stay there as the location was near to all the important land marks of the city of London.
Finally I would say that the staff was nothing but excellent.
cheers.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Siddiq A
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you kindly for bestowing us with your generous compliments in respect to our accommodations and amenities. We were truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines prestige Holborn. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I traveled to London on business in November 2013 and had the pleasure of staying at this Citadines apart-hotel. I had a Studio Club room which met my needs for the week as a business traveler. I appreciated the convenience of having breakfast included in the room rate, and it was nice to be able to keep beverages and light snacks in the room's mini-refrigerator. Having quick access to a kettle for coffee or tea was also very nice. The room's size was adequate, the décor was contemporary, and my view looked over Holborn, which was nice in the evenings. I found the staff helpful and accommodating, and the serves at breakfast recognized and greeted me by the third day of my stay. My partner traveled with me, and she made use of the fitness center each day, and found this facility met her needs for both cardio and strength training. The bed quality was a nice in-between of firm and soft. The location near a Piccadilly Line stop was quite convenient for both work and pleasure transit around central London. The only opportunity for improvement was in the quality of the floor cleaning. The room felt and looked clean with the exception of the floor which seemed to not have been swept properly prior to our arrival nor during our stay. We found several dust bunnies rolling around, and socked feet quickly turned dingy when walking on the floor.

Room Tip: The Studio Club option offered good value and size.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jigsnreels
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.
So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here at Citadines Prestige Holborn and you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.I have noted your comments about the cleanliness of teh floor and I will be addressing this issue with our housekeping manager.
For your next visit consider booking through our own website where you will find the best deals including complimentary internet.
Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the easy access to the West end i.e. theater land, etc, no need for transport. All walking distance. We went to Convent Garden for my wife's birthday which was only a 5 minute walk.
The staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. We did not book breakfast here, but 3 minutes away from the Hotel you can have a good English breakfast at a low cost.
We certainly will be back and stay at this hotel in the future if we are doing something in the west end. Shame it shame it has not got a bar.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank liddle35

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback which I was delighted to receive.
I am so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us . Our location is ideal for getting around in the city, but the best part of the hotel is the staff. Thank you for recognizing their efforts! We hope to see you soon!
With our very best wishes,

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is our third visit in two years. It is a great place to stay with lots of advantages. Great location for the tube, buses, theatres, many sightseeing venues. A Waitrose is directly opposite if you wish to cook in your apart room. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The staff are friendly and welcoming. The buffet breakfast is much improved since our last visit. Will stay here the next time we visit London. Lots of good restaurants nearby.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DAVID J

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at the Citadines prestige Holborn Covent Garden hotel, I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences on this site. I am delighted to read that you have chosen us over the years and your loyalty and patronage is very much appreciated.
I look forward welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind regards