“Staying in London. this is a great choice”

Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London
Ranked #352 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Before the review - thank you Frank

Frank was front of house on our arrival. He was a gentleman, helpful and so professional.

I would stay in Citadines hotels in every city if they had a Frank when I arrived. He made us feel welcome even arranged for gift for our stay. You cannot but or train people to do this, this is the reserve of good people.

So now for the hotel.... here goes

Location Great

Parking - On Site underground (off Eagle Street)

Staff - See above

Room - our apartment had a kitchen included. Excellent news and wish we had brought drink with us. If you do, remember to turn on the fridge.

the rooms are reasonable sized. a little bit above basic décor, but importantly, spotlessly clean

the bathroom is perfectly sized .. for two.

there is a shop 30 seconds walk away
there are bars within minutes

for the location, facilities and staff, there are a thousand places worse and more expensive

Definitely recommend Citadines Holborn

£149 - overnight stay in London with parking- perfect

Room Tip: the apartment with kitchenette was a good room. didn't stay for breakfast but I am sure it wa...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ekim O
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you kindly for bestowing us with your generous compliments in respect to our accommodations and amenities. We were truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations and I particularly thank you for the kind words you have for Franck. He is a great assett to my team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines prestige Holborn. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I recently stayed at Citadines on Holborn. I was attending a course at Holborn Bars 5 mins walk away and so selected Citadines for the location. I was very pleasantly surprised by the very nice and helpful staff. They were able to help me find a room even though I arrived at 8am. And they were able to keep me in the same room for my whole stay even though due to online booking changes I had actually booked two types of room over the week. The room I was in had a great view of Holborn. There is free wifi which actually works in the room (not always my experience at other hotels). Would recommend them for location and helpfulness. The room was modern and comfort wise had everything even a mini kitchen.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Holborn - nice views and sunshine!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HK_Sala
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your most generous and encouraging feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in creating a fantastic experience and that you have become such a fan of our service and amenities.

We sincerely appreciate your recognition and recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Having previously stayed here, we returned again at the beginning of April. The apartment was immaculate and very comfortable and the Residence Manager and her staff were more than helpful. We would highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RoeMar
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you kindly for bestowing us with your generous compliments in respect to our accommodations and customer service received. We were truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations .We look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines prestige Holborn. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel was centrally located near the grocery store, best for people on a budget because the room has its private little kitchenette. The kitchen was fully equipped though upon our check in they forgot to throw the litter from the previous guest. Which gives us the feeling that the hotel has a low standard for clealiness. The kitchenware was also dirty. The toilet bowl also has a black stain in it and one has to push the flush buttom several times before it actually flushes. We had no choice but to actually force ourselves to stay here until april 14. I have nothing against this hotel but j hope that citadines management will learn from this.

ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Reviewer

I regret to learn that your stay was impeded by the issues you have highlighted in your feedback .Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that we may have caused you. I have shared your experience with my executive team so we may provide the additional training to further improve the services and courtesies we extend to our guests.

I sincerely hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to restore your faith and regain your confidence in us. Kindly please call me when your travels next bring you to London so that I may personally ensure that you have a much better experience.

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 April 2014

- great location; supermarket is opposite across the road...meals can be found along the street
- room is pretty modern; I have a mini kitchen/pantry as well so that works with my takeways
- breakfast is so-so: nothing to shout about but works for me

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to learn that overall you have enjoyed your stay.I hope we can welcome you again very soon.
Regards

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Great location. Helpful and efficient staff. Clean rooms. We are a family with one kid, We booked a one-bedroom apartment, Apart from a Queen-sized bed in the bedroom, there is also a sofa bed in the living room, which is comfortable. The kitchen is fully equipped. Wifi is fast. The only problem is that the locker at the luggage room that we used was defective, and it took us 5 minutes, with the help of the staff, to open the locker. The staff was helpful, but just the lock was defective.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank HappyDay-HappyDay
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback which I was delighted to receive.
I am so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us and how much you liked one of our rooms. Our location is ideal for getting around in the city, but the best part of the hotel is the staff. Thank you for recognizing their efforts! I have noted your comments about the lock in the luggage room and I am truly sorry about the inconvenience caused.I have now addressed teh issue with my maintenance engineer.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines prestige London Holborn in the near future.
With our very best wishes,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I like a quiet place that's comfortable and gives me room to be myself.

The hotel is just half a block down from the Holborn station on the underground. It's on the Central and Piccadilly line, which means that you can get from Heathrow for only £5.70, less than an hour and no transfers.

The standard studio has its own kitchen with cups, plates and flatware. In addition there's a toaster, kettle, small stove top, fridge (not much room for freezing) and a sink. There were no water or wine glasses, though I suppose we could have asked.

The beds were comfortable, the room is very spacious with high ceilings and two tall windows (that open for fresh air!). The curtains did not cover the windows quite well enough for full black out, but our windows faced west, so it was not much of a morning sunlight issue (more of an ambient light problem).

The bathroom was large enough and has a full tub. The shower curtain was light and clung while bathing plus made a wet mess on the floor no matter how hard I tried. The towels were ample, and were changed every day, though they kept taking the washcloths and not replacing them, so we had to keep asking them.

We got a good rate through expedia, for about $175 a night, which we thought was extremely fair for the size of the room, location and amenities. It was convenient to all of our destinations.

We did laundry on our fourth night there, there's a laundry room on the ground floor. The token for wash is £5 and includes the soap. Dry would have been £4, but we opted to hang everything.

The room itself is quiet, though there is some noise from the hallway, which I blame on rude guests, not necessarily the management. Our room was in the back, so it did not face the street and was up on the 5th floor. We never heard anything from the upstairs neighbors.

There are two closets in our hall area - one for hanging clothes and came with an ironing board. The other had shelves, an iron, a hair dryer, and a safe along with plenty of room to store clothes for two people for the week. There was no dresser, just a desk. The TV is small and gets basic channels, which was fine for us.

Full cleaning was only twice for the 8 days we were there, other days they just change the towels, make the bed and empty the trash. We didn't have breakfast, but did use the gratis coffee machine in the lobby a few times. We bought food at the grocery and ate leftovers ... that saved quite a bit of money.

I would book there again. Now that I've stayed there, I might opt for the full 1 bedroom apartment next time if I'm traveling with someone else. A little more space, especially if you're on different sleep schedules would be good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank lizzie_in_a_kayak
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.
So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here at Citadines Prestige Holborn and you found our rooms to be comfortable. For your next visit consider booking through our own website where you will find the best deals including complimentary internet.
Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay
Regards