“City Hotel comfort and convenience”

Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London
Ranked #378 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Stylish hotel. Convenient for City and West End. Breakfast was wonderful especially the freshly squeezed orange juice and waffles. Helpful and professional staff make it a hotel I would stay in again.

• Stayed: July 2014
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.
So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here at Citadines Prestige Holborn and you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.I thank you for your positive comments about our breakfast , I will share them with my team.
Thank you for choosing Citadines and I look forward welcoming you again.

Regards
Germana Genovese

Write a ReviewReviews (1,421)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed for 5 nights at start of July. Convenient to main attractions, subway and grocery stores. Good size room with kitchenette. Good equipment in gym. A good base to see the London main attractions...10 minute walk to Trafalgar Square. Car parking available. Well worth consideration.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review.
I was pleased to read your comments and delighted to hear you had a good experience with us and you were happy with the service you received.
I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.
With best wishes,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Very convenient in terms of location. The tube was nearby, and very short walk to the museums and Convent Garden. Plenty of places to eat nearby and the plus point were the local supermarkets (Waitrose and Sainsbury) nearby, which was convenient as we stayed at the apartment with a kitchenette. We stayed for 6 nights from the 1st of June. As our flight landed in the early morning, we proceeded straight to the hotel to freshen up before starting our day. Though the check in time was around noon (we arrived at the hotel around 8am) as the room was available then, the staff proceeded with the check in without any hassle and we were able to have a short rest after our long flight. We are so grateful for that !!! The staff at the reception was always welcoming and was quite professional in handling our enquiries. The overall apartment/room cleanliness and quality was great as well and the size of the room was just right for my husband, my daughter and myself. The stay at the hotel was wonderful and we would definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback which I was delighted to receive.
I am so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us and how much you liked one of our rooms. Our location is ideal for getting around in the city, but the best part of the hotel is the staff. Thank you for recognizing their efforts! We hope to see you soon!
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines prestige London Holborn in the near future.
With our very best wishes,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very convenient. Right on the Piccadilly line, Holborn tube station, and half a block to your right across the street and you are there. If you go outside of the hotel to your right cross the street there is McDonalds. Directly across the street is Pret a Manger. The bus stops at the front of the hotel. Soho district is within a few blocks. We just happened to be at the Soho district during Gay Pride parade and the place was buzzing. The hotel is clean and the staff very accommodating and friendly. The hotel also has a self service laundry facility, £5.00 to wash and £4.00 to dry. You can print your boarding pass in the lobby. A little kitchen and a fridge is present if you prefer not to eat out. They have high speed internet and reliable wifi. I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Merlina

Dear Merlina

Thank you for your feed back. I s greatly apppreaciated and I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed our facilities and location. We look forward welcoming you again soon.
Regards

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The first stop on a three week tour of the U.K. We arrived late on a flight from Toronto and found our way from Heathrow to Holborn station on the tube. Coming out of the station we had two choices left or right and of course chose the wrong one, guess we should have looked closer at the map.

Check in was simple and they even made sure that we had a double room not just a twin. Pointed us at a nearby pub which unfortunately had just stopped serving food when we got there, had to have a sausage from a street vendor but we closed the pub anyway!

The location of the hotel is great, 30 secs from the tube station which we used all the time, get an Oyster card,. First time in an apartment hotel so we weren't sure what to expect, small kitchen where we only used the kettle, never could seem to get the fridge to turn on. Fairly big room for just two people and the windows opened so that we got the "fresh" air.

Only complaint was the breakfast, our own fault since we read somewhere else that it was 12 gbp per person for what amounted to a cup of coffee and a muffin or waffle. There are lots of places very close by where you can go for a real breakfast for a lot less.

Overall a reasonable stay highlighted by the location, off to Paignton.

Room Tip: For North Americans there's a difference between a double and a twin
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Citadines for your London stay. I am delighted that overall you have enjoyed your time with us. We look forward welcoming you again in teh near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 June 2014

If you want somewhere convenient (directly beside Holborn tube station) that is perfectly clean and comfortable for a reasonable price this is your place. The hotel is a set of apartments rather than a full hotel so dont expect a hotel bar or restaurant (however there are good bars and restaurants right outside the door). The wifi is decent and the apartments have equipped kitchens if you want to self cater. My bug bearer is that I either have bad luck after 3 stays or all the rooms have single beds!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Given that you have travelled quite a bit your review holds a lot of weight. For your next visit consider booking through our own website where you will find the best deals including complimentary internet.
Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay.
With best regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is literally over the road from the underground, so brilliant when catching the tube. Plenty of restaurants and shops close by too and it's a short walk to Covent Garden. I stayed in a one bedroom apartment with 3 other people. It was my first experience of staying in an apart-hotel as I usually just stay in hotels.

We were given a double bedroom with twin sofa beds (one person on the sofa, one on the floor) which we weren't happy about as we were expecting a double sofa bed. We complained to the lady on reception, who was reluctant to help. She had was adamant there were twin beds in the bedroom and a double sofa bed (not what was in our room or what we had asked for) and repeatedly asked us what colour the sofa bed was - not the best first impression of the hotel. Eventually, she swapped our room to what we wanted. The apartment was comfy, clean and had nice bathroom facilities, but the bedroom was a bit small for two people getting ready in there. The apartment was okay, though, as we only slept and got ready there. It's a shame the breakfast is continental rather than a full English, but it was fine.

None of us had any major complaints, it's just a shame we didn't have the right room and the service from the receptionist could have been better. We got a good deal with this apartment and theatre tickets, but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Helen W
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.I regret to learn that your stay was impeded by the issues you have highlighted in your feedback .Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that we may have caused you.I have spoken to the receptionist that ssisted you with your query, Viviana,and she recalls you coming down to reception to mention the problem. She has explained to me that she immediately moved you to a different room.I am sorry if you feel she was not as helpful as you would have liked. I can assure you she is a very competent and efficient member of my tem and I am sorry if this has not come across fully.
I sincerely hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to restore your faith and regain your confidence in us. Kindly please call me when your travels next bring you to London so that I may personally ensure that you have a much better experience.

Kind regards