“Great Find”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Perth, Australia
“Great Find”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were lucky to get a great special for a studio. Location was close to the Holborn Train station and across the road from shops to get food and drink for our kitchenette, this was a great bonus. The hotel has laundry where you can wash and dry clothes and after travelling for nearly 2 weeks this was a bonus.
Great Room and location was easy walking distance to the British Museum and lots of restaurants.
We had a great stay of 3 nights....will stay again for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your most generous and encouraging feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in creating a fantastic experience and that you have become such a fan of our service and amenities.

We sincerely appreciate your recognition and recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Sincerely
Germana Genovese

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stay here regularly with work, mainly due to the location - almost opposite Holborn on the city line, and a couple of stops up (or, if the weather's ok, a twenty minute stroll) from St Paul's. There's plenty of restaurants and things to do if you're a tourist, while not being too far out from the city if you're here for work. The rooms are always clean and well laid out - even if you're the only person staying you get plenty of towels) while the kitchenette is a great option if you're staying for any length of time.

I really wanted to give the place a good mark, as when I arrived, the staff recognised me from previous visits, and even gave me a complimentary upgrade.

The reason I've given a low mark therefore is down to the quality of sleep I had. When I arrived in the room, the air conditioner was ridiculously noisy. I spent some time struggling to turn it off, before giving up and going out for something to eat. When I came back, I tried again for a bit, before giving up and ringing reception. They sent up a very sweet but ultimately clueless trainee whose best advice was that the maintenance man would fix it "in the morning". After he left I phoned reception again, who promised to "find a solution". That didn't happen, so I spent the night being kept awake by the noise. To add insult to injury, during the middle of the night when the other ambient noise had died away, the remaining air conditioner noise was so loud, the only other thing I could hear was a loudly ticking clock on the other side of the room!

As I say, I've stayed here before without an issue - for this reason and the sheer convenience of the location, I will probably give the Citadines another go, but I couldn't award more than a 2 for this stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Little-Girl-Blue1878
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review which I was extremely concerned to read.
I am so sorry for the problems you experienced and would like to offer you my personal apologies. I will certainly follow up your comments about the AC noise ( i believe you stayed in room 505)with my Maintenance Manager and thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I do hope you will stay with us again so you can experience our hotel as I would have liked you to on this visit. If you do return, please do let us know as I would like to meet with you personally.
With my best wishes,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I've stayed here several times over the last few years. I stay with my fussy daughter (!) , so having a kitchen makes things easier for me, there is a waitrose over the road & a sainsburys just along the road, we go there & stock up on cereal, milk etc so I know she's getting some decent food. It's a great location for covent garden or the British Museum or the city if you're working. The staff here are what sets this place apart. They are very helpful, kind. Free wifi, free DVD player & DVDs to borrow. They have a secure room for luggage on the day you leave. The only annoying thing is that even though there are notes in the bathroom asking you to place towels you want replaced in the bath, they replaced ALL towels every day. Some people like this, but I try & do my bit for the environment & think daily changes of towels used once is not necessary, I did ask reception, but they kept replacing them! Oh, & we like rooms at the front of the hotel, we don't find them noisy, & my daughter loves sitting on the large window ledge looking out at whats going on whilst doing her makeup!

Room Tip: Good views at front.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
dear Reviewer
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Citadines prestige Holborn. We’re thrilled to have been your choice of accommodation during your road trip. We pride ourselves on providing personalized service and I am proud that our team members have done just that.
I have noted your comments about the towels and I will discuss with my housekeeping manager.
Thank you for choosing to stay at Citadines prestige Holborn and we hope to see you soon!
Regards
Southampton, England
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had an apartment booked for one night and were impressed by the standards of this aparthotel. Rooms were spacious, clean and the kitchenette was well equipped with essentials you would need. The location is brilliant, easy walking distances to Covent Garden, Oxford Street and plenty going on locally in terms of shops & restaurants.

We will definitely be using this as our regular London hub. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
We’re so glad you found us! It’s wonderful to see that your stay at Citadines prestige Holborn made for such an enjoyable experience in London. We’re thrilled to see you enjoyed it.

Regards
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Besides it being a nice hotel, it has a great location (Covent Garden, Oxford St, it's close to the underground and to a local Sainsbury's) The Studio Apartments are well equiped and decorated. Nice and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback which I was delighted to receive.
I am so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us and how much you liked one of our rooms. Our location is ideal for getting around in the city, but the best part of the hotel is the staff. Thank you for recognizing their efforts! We hope to see you soon!
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines prestige London Holborn in the near future.
With our very best wishes,
Germana
Bristol, UK
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Great location close to Covent Garden/West End/Oxford St but far enough away to avoid the 'tourist' masses. Right by Holborn Tube so excellent connections. Booked 2 studio apartments and was recovering from an operation so these apartments delivered in every way. Comfy beds, quality bedding, fairly newly refurbished, small but perfectly equipped kitchen and TV with loads of channels for a hotel. Loads of shops and dining options right by the hotel and a nice little gym.

Service was good too, although did vary significantly between a few staff members. Some excellent, some terrible - and I'd suggest trying to bridge that gap.

My only suggestion would be they need to clean the apartment floors more option. The wood flooring gets very dusty and dirty. Although the daily clean was excellent and the apartment was spotlessly clean the floors weren't even swept during our stay - and by the end were covered with crumbs, dust and were very very dirty.

That said, our time here was still excellent and if you want a kitchen this is one of your few options in the area - and they delivered a more enjoyable stay than many of the 5 star hotels we've stayed at in the area. Will be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I was very pleased to read such lovely comments and please be assured that we are following up on dusty floor problem.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.
With my warmest wishes,
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed 7 nights with my family at this apartment hotel. We enjoyed the stay very much. The location is perfect. Most sight seeing spots are within walking distance or reachable within 5 tube stations. Kids loved the space and the flexibility to rest and play, and take breakfast and dinner in the room. The coffee dispenser at the lobby is very convenient. Very friendly staff as well.

Highly recommend for families travelling with kids.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank VWhat
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear reviewer
Thank you for your feedback which I was delighted to receive.
With our very best wishes,