“Concierges are the best part of this hotel”

London Bridge Hotel
Ranked #104 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Columbus, Ohio
“Concierges are the best part of this hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

My teenage son and I just spent a week in London. We stayed at the London Bridge Hotel. Apart from a few minor problems (safe needed repair, sink didn't drain properly), we enjoyed our stay. The London Bridge is a very small hotel. The advantage is that the concierges are easily accessed, and they are friendly and ready to help. We did, however, have a dreadful time with our booking agent. We booked on Roomsnet.com. Roomsnet uses Jacob on Line to pay hotels, and two days into our stay, Jacob called the hotel to cancel our reservation, saying Roomsnet had never paid them.
I had to pay the hotel again myself for the rest of the stay. Fortunately, I used a credit card to pay, and the credit card company is working to resolve this issue.
If you have never been to London, and you have any amount of luggage other than a light bag, I wouldn't go by Tube to get to your hotel. The tubes can be jampacked, people are in a rush, and there is no room nor patience for much luggage. You can get the Heathrow Express train from Heathrow Airport to Paddington Station and take a taxi from there, or there is a service you can book online called Dot2.com.
Just be patient and openminded in London. It is a wonderful town, and easy to communicate with everyone, but it's not the U.S. If you order lemonaide, you will probably get Sprite. It was quite hot when we were there, and ice is not readily available everywhere as it is here. And, if you see "courgette" on a menu, they mean zucchini.
The differences make it interesting, and my son and I had a great time.

• Stayed June 2009
3 Thank wathome

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

Excellent location, nice room, good Breakfast and Friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SJPIOW
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

This hotel had a great staff who tended to every request. The rooms were nice and clean. Excellent breakfast. Close to the Underground station.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights last weekend, my husband,daughter & myself travelled with my parents, sister,brother in law & their two boys. We had a fantastic time from start to finish, the check in was smooth & the reception staff were very helpful & friendly. The rooms were fantastic, we all had slightly different rooms but were great & the pictures on the internet didn't do them justice, they were very clean & the beds were really comfy. As the hotel was near the railway/tube station we thought it might be a bit noisy but we were surprised how quiet it was. Breakfast was superb, great choice & the staff couldn't do enough for you. We didn't eat any other meals in the restaurant or ordered room service but my parents ate dinner in the Londinium restaurant & said they had a wonderful meal. The location was key to us booking the hotel, with so many attractions being a short walk away & all the transport links right on the door step. I would definately book this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Rockchick39
Limerick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2009

I styed in the London Bridge hotel for three nights starting last Thursday. Prior to booking the hotel I used TripAdvisor for the first time and despite the good reveiws with reagrds to this hotel I was still a little sceptical when booking it. I am glad to say I needn't have been! The rooms were nicely decorated to a very good standard and were immaculately clean. The room was serviced each day including bed linen change. On the first night we ate in the adjacant restaurant, Georgetown, which was lovely. The breakfast choice and quality didn't disappoint either. I can't write this review without complimenting the hotel on how extremely friendly all of staff were. All in all it was a great stay and I would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2009

Went on some recommendations from TA. Very good choice.. not the cheapest but a great location (across from tube / train station), very nice rooms. Will definitely be back here next time I am in London.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
EATONTON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2009

Stayed at London Bridge Hotel for two nights. Good value, nice room, two restaurants on site, close to London Bridge and Monument tube stations. Mixup about travelling companions' breakfast being included and staff were able to accommodate us.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends