“Ideal Location”

Hilton London Euston
Ranked #642 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We had a long weekend in London and chose this hotel for its proximity to Euston Station

It was a good, clean hotel with friendly staff..just what you would expect from a Hilton.

If I was being ultra picky I would say that the bar area was too small as we couldn't get a table when we popped in for pre dinner drinks. Other than this small point everything else was good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Guest,

I am glad you had the opportunity to visit the Hilton London Euston and I thank you for writing about your stay.
We understand that transport links and local services can be just as important as the hotel itself when considering a hotel to stay in and we are thrilled to hear that you found the location of the hotel convenient for all of your transportation requirements.
I am sorry if you could not have a drink in our bar, in the afternoon and especially before dinner is quite busy but we are more than happy to book a table if make a reservation few hours before.
Thank you for staying with us and trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Hilton London Euston

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Ideal location, nice room, good public transport links. We wanted to be near a tube stop that has direct access to Wembley Stadium for a football game and the Euston Tube fit the bill. Also, we popped over to the theater district for dinner and a show; no problems! We rented a car at Euston on our way out of town and exiting the city was very easy, although make sure you don't cross Euston road. They have a Congestion Zone in London and will charge you for driving within it. The hotel is in the zone, but a short walk to Euston Station and leaving from there will eliminate the issue. The food was plentiful at breakfast and the pub was welcoming. Staff were very friendly and helpful. This is important since we were traveling with our two year old daughter and having staff that are understanding about family life is paramount. They were all professional and accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us which included the opportunity to experience the famous Hilton buffet breakfast.
I am not sure if you have plans to return, however let us know when you’re next in the area as we would be delighted to look after you and your family once again!

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This seemed the ideal base for a trip to visit my daughter, who recently moved to London.

I'll keep it brief;

Reception- excellent.
Room- excellent, squeaky floor if I'm being pedantic, exceptionally clean, light and airy though
Bar- attentive staff, a little expensive, but it's a Hilton in London!
Location- 2 minutes walk from euston. 10 minutes in a cab from anywhere you'd want to go
Breakfast- awesome!

My only 'issue' was the concierge wanted to charge £132 for the 'big bus' London tour. I'd like to think they were doing 'specials' that he didn't know about... Cost £98 online through their website. Sounds expensive (4 adults one child) but was worth every penny!

Would u stay again? Absolutely!

Stayed: January 2014

Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us, we trust you had a great time in London and we will be able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I booked the Hilton London Euston purely for convenience. I would be arriving at London Euston Station, would need a place to stay and then the next day be near enough to St Pancras Station to catch the Eurostar. So I chose this having found a great Top Secret Deal on Last Minute.

The hotel is clean and your typical identikit Hilton. If you take comfort in the fact they are all identical and without character then you'll love it. I'm not a Hilton fan, but at least you know what you are getting, and what I got was a clean, small warm room that was a 10 minute walk from St Pancras International and a 3 minute walk from London Euston. So if you are travelling via Eurostar save yourself at least £100 a night by selecting this hotel.

My room was small, with the double bed up against the wall and barely enough space for a small round table with chairs and a desk. More ideal for a single traveller than a couple.

The bathroom was white and black with the standard shower over the bath and the vile fabric shower curtain (I hate shower curtains-seriously Hilton, get some screens instead!). But the room and bathroom were spotless so for this convenient one night stay it was perfect.

I would recommend this hotel if you need onward travel to St Pancras and don't want to break the budget paying for a hotel a few minutes down the road. Oh and if you arrive and the roadworks are still taking place, ask for a room at the rear of the hotel as it was ridiculously noisy!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments regarding your stay at the hotel.
I am glad to hear that you found our location to be an advantage, we are indeed very close to Euston Station as well was walking distance from both Kings Cross Underground and St Pancras International for ease of travel to Europe and to the centre of London.
I would like to apologise that the room size did not meet your expectations, however due to the age and history of the building the size and shape of the bedrooms vary depending on their location within the property.
We are very grateful for your positive remarks regarding the cleanliness of the room and bathroom.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Two days of conference rooms were booked for this hotel. The food on the first day was very nice, if a little bit of an odd mix (mini burgers, cold soup and curry!). The conference room was quite dated and felt very tired. Ditto for the different conference room on the second day, but the food was disappointing - a poor mix of floppy sandwiches and constant interruptions from the (polite) serving staff who kept entering the room and fiddling with things for no apparent reason. All staff very pleasant and friendly.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hilton London Euston with TripAdvisor. I am most grateful for you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
I am really sorry if the food quality did not meet with your expectations, I have passed your comments to the Executive Chef to see where we can improve.
Thank you so much for your review, feedback is always welcomed with open arms, and is passed on to the whole team for consideration.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel so that we may have the opportunity to make your next stay with us an excellent one.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This hotel is absolutely wonderful. We've stayed there 4 or 5 times when we've come from the US. Rooms have always been clean and spacious when we were staying for multiple nights. The one time we were there for only one night, our room was a more common smaller size for UK rooms. The best thing about staying at this hotel is the phenomenal staff. It starts at check in - we've always received a warm greeting while the reservation details were professionally handled at the same time. I must mention the breakfast buffet - a wide selection of hot and cold foods, fruits and fruit parfait, at least 3 different juices and the usual full English breakfast foods. Everything presented well and delicious. Even better than the food is the staff - one particularly wonderful waiter is packaged sunshine - if you come down tired or grumpy, you will leave smiling.
Being close to Kings Cross, Euston, and St. Pancreas, makes this hotel convenient for using the rail and tube. A special thanks for the help with our luggage when we needed to get to Kings Cross.

Room Tip: Let reception know what you'd like when you check in.

Dear Guest,

We are proud to hear that you have chosen to repeatedly stay with us over the past couple of years.
Having read your review it was a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the quality of service you experienced met with your expectations
I would most especially like to thank you for your comments about our team; such comments do prove to be a great source of motivation for our team members. I have passed them along with the comments you made about our breakfast.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

The whole experience was excellent from reception to the concierge to the the bar. Everyone was pleasant and helpful and the room was perfect for a one night stay. We were offered an upgrade which I would take if staying longer.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

I have shared your comments with the team who are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and equally proud to have been of service to you.
We trust you had a great time in London and we will be able to welcome you back.