“Good location for Euston station, average hotel”

Hilton London Euston
Ranked #643 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at Hilton Euston for one night. The room was relatively large with a good quality bed and general cleanliness being fine.

We were at the back of the hotel, so there wasn't a problem with noise as some other reviewers have noted. However we did experience the ever changing temperature of the shower, which was incredibly annoying - one minute cold, the next blinding hot. Management should definitely look at sorting this out, given the potential hazard this may cause.

Breakfast was of a good quality and reasonable, with the black pudding being particularly good. The self service internet machines are terribly slow, and a massive rip off but when you stay at Hilton you realise that you will likely be charged for everything.

Staff are friendly and helpful. The main reason for staying at the hotel is the location to Euston station, and at £120 per night it is a good rate for London.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review after your recent visit at Hilton London Euston.
I am glad to note that the size of the bedroom and the cleanliness met with your expectations. I am sorry for the inconvenience with the water temperature; I have raised this with our Chief Engineer and he is now conducting inspections on all bathrooms to ensure that this won’t happen again.
We appreciate you mentioning the great service at the hotel as each team member aspires to provide service excellence.
We trust you had a great time in London and we will be able to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Hilton London Euston

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

This was very much a functional stay. My room was clean but not that large, views out over some sheds but better than a wall!

The breakfasts were standard fare, nothing exceptional and I wasn't tempted by the evening menu.

Did the job but I wouldn't have been blown away if I was paying myself.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to know that we were not able to make your stay with us an excellent one.
Your feedback has been taken on board and shared with the team.
Thank you for staying with us and trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,

Guest relations

Reviewed 9 February 2014

The hotel is conveniently located across from the Euston station and within walking distance to King's Cross. However, there are very little restaurants close to it. The building is quite old and the interior is in need of a renovation. There is something wrong with the shower because the water in the shower does not provide a consistent water temperature. It just switches between cold and hot at random. Hotel staff never picks up the phone. Nor were they helpful at giving directions or recommendations.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

walking distance from station is good, rooms very very small for 180 pound (no breakfast included) . Noisy in the front, no real window to open in the back when having the once on the groundfloor. kind of disappointed.

Dear Guest,

I am very grateful for you taking the time to share your experience with us.
First and foremost I would like to apologise that the room size did not meet your expectations, however due to the age and history of the building the size and shape of the bedrooms vary depending on their location within the property.
I am very sorry that there was lots of noise outside your window, with reference to the windows. We do have triple glazing on all of our windows facing Upper Woburn Place.
Thank you once again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel so that we may have the opportunity to make your next stay with us an excellent one.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed on points, and for the condition of the hotel, I think the value is not very good. I did have some issues with check-in as well, but to be fair, I am still trying to work that out. Hope it can be resolved to my satisfaction. The area is convenient to Euston station, Big Bus tours, taxis, and getting around. That is a plus. Breakfast was average, unfortunately.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Michael T. F

Thank you for your review after your recent visit at Hilton London Euston
Please accept our sincere apologies that we have not fully met your expectations during your stay with us. I am sorry to note that you have been disappointed with the breakfast quality, I have shared your review with the relevant department heads.
Again, I extend my apologies, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Staff are very fiendly ! The hotel is located very conveniently to the Euston station. It allowed me to travel around central london and to / from work without any problems. THe large room I booked was quite spacious however, the floors creak really loudly. So if you have guests above you or besides you that are loud , you can hear it. Also, the firestation is right across and starting at 12 am it starts going off. It is a bit annoying. The property currently does not have a fitness center which made my travel a bit more difficult. I had to leave to take the train to work very early around 5 / 6 am in orde rot use the work gym. Not great when its raining, dark and cold outside. THere is a DoubleTree they allow you to use upon request however, it is also far from the hotel and same problem as above. The food is not very great but I only had the Indian curry dish. It was the smallest naan i have ever seen and the dish was not very good. The service was poor in that they forgot my dish and rushed it ( maybe that is why it was not great). The dessert however, was very very delicious! It was more expensive than it was great. All in all due to the location, the friendly staff I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments regarding your stay at the hotel.
It was a pleasure to see that the quality of service you experienced met with you expectations. We appreciate all your feedback as this helps us to monitor and maintain the level of service we offer as a Hilton Hotel.
Please accept our sincere apologies if during your stay the gym facilities were unavailable, this is due to refurbishment works and we hope to be able to offer this service to our guests very soon.
I am sorry if the food quality did not meet with your expectation, I have passed your comments to the Executive chef. However I would like to thank you for mentioning the quality of the dessert.
We hope you enjoyed your visit to the Big City and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

My room was tiny, but charming, and the service and amenities at the level one would expect of a Hilton. The hotel is a beautiful old Victorian, very Bloomsbury, only 4 stories high, not the standard edifice of most Hiltons. After sampling other hotels for business trips to Kings Cross, this was a delightful find! Restaurant excellent, if expensive. Lovely homey bar. Won't stay anywhere else after this!

Dear Guest,

The hotel is indeed set in a stunning Victorian Building with more than 100 years of History which certainly contribute to the unique charm of the hotel.
I was pleased to read that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us which included the opportunity to experience the relaxed atmosphere in our Bar and Woburn Restaurant.
I am also delighted to hear that you will come back to the hotel and we look forward to welcome you back very soon.