“Enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #642 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Chicago, Illinois
“Enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I've stayed at most Hilton properties in London, I'd been losing faith in the brand after some terrible stays at the Waldorf & Doubletree Westend but really enjoyed my stay at Hilton Euston, the staff were lovely on check-in, the room was great, not the biggest room ever but it did the job.

The location is ok - depends on what you're looking for, its quite far from Oxford Street/Westend area but is very handy for Russell Square or Euston area. I'd stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Vincejd
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad you had the opportunity to visit the Hilton London Euston and I thank you for writing about your stay.
We are proud to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly.
Thank you for staying with us and trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Guest relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

A very convenient location, only a short walk from Euston station. The staff were extremely helpful and the room was spotlessly clean as were all the public areas. The only negative was that we were woken up at 6.00am by the radio alarm clock going off - assume this had been set by the previous occupiers but not re-set before our stay.

3 Thank Angela B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive comments with us, this will certainly contribute to our team’s motivation and I have gladly passed them on.
I am sorry for the inconvenience with the wakeup call and thank you for the feedback I have passed it on to the relevant department head to avoid any recurrence in the future.
We trust you had a great time in London and we will be able to welcome you back.

stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

service was outstanding- staff was very helpful. Location in Euston top - for business and pleasure. Easy to reach by tube or bus. Room was rather small and so were the beds (shorter might be British Standard?) very clean bathroom. Wifi has to be paid for, that is a donwside.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Nausika M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review after your recent visit at Hilton London Euston.
I would most especially like to thank you for your comments about our team; such comments do prove to be a great source of motivation for our team members.
We are most fortunate to be located where we are as our public transport links, located on the doorstep of our hotel, will take you anywhere you wish to go in London.
Some of our rooms are smaller than other as the hotel is set in a Victorian building and we are unable to make any change to the structure of the building.
I do note your comments regarding the cost of internet, and would like to advise we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi in our public areas including the restaurant and bar.

england
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

If booking into the hilton euston, be sure to request a double room!

Unfortunately I had a twin room booked for me and did not realise until check in.

On entering the room, it was absolutely tiny!! There were two single beds - but not what you would expect from a hilton.

Apart from the beds, a lamp and a tv, the room had little else and was extremely basic to say the least.

It was clean, apart from some staining on the carpet, but the floor to ceiling height was probably bigger than the room width!

I did try to move rooms, but was informed by the receptionist that I would need to pay £40 for the pleasure, as they only had "superior doubles" left (yes, in other words a rip off).

Given that this is no cheap hotel - the premier inn over the road is far superior in terms of customer service and room size (and at least you get a double bed)!! I thought I have sleeping in a single bed the elbow several years ago and at 6'2" these sorts of beds in decent hotels ought to be banned!!!!

Not good!!! Rant over!!!!!

Apart from this issue - good location - less than three minute walk from euston station!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank col35
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. It is unfortunate to hear you experienced a less than impressive stay and we will take your comments seriously as we always strive to improve.
First and foremost I would like to apologise that the room size did not meet your expectations, however due to the age and history of the building the size and shape of the bedrooms vary depending on their location within the property. I am also sorry that on this occasion we did not have any other twin rooms available to reallocate you.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Hilton London Euston so that we can restore your faith in our product, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any future booking with us.

Diliana Dimitrova
Guest Relations
Diliana.dimitrova@hilton.com
Lancaster, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The hotel is about a 5 min walk from Euston station (head straight out and slightly to the left) so very convenient. I was upgraded to a deluxe room on two occasions and stayed in a standard room once. The deluxe rooms varied in size but are significantly bigger than the standard room and are certainly very pleasant with a Bluetooth radio I could link my phone too and play music through - a nice touch.

I found the breakfast room to be relatively busy but I was served very efficiently and the food available was tasty and plentiful.

However I found the bar to be fairly dead in terms of atmosphere and the bar options limited. There was a problem with my order and the waiter came to apologise several times for the time it took - surprising considering how quiet it was.

Finally, the business centre was really just two internet terminals linked to a printer. You can't print from your own laptop as I found and as I was dealing with sensitive documents didn't wish to pay to login to a terminal I wasn't sure about so left without printing.

So overall the rooms are nice and the location is great. But probably go out to eat if you are looking for anything other than just keeping you going.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review after your recent stay at Hilton London Euston.
Having read your review it was a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the quality of the room met with your expectations.
Thank you for your comments regarding your breakfast experience, which is a fantastic compliment to our food and beverage team. It is indeed sometimes busy during the pick hours however we do serve breakfast Monday till Friday from 6:30 till 10:30 and Weekend from 7:00 till 11:00.
Thank you so much for your review, feedback is always welcomed with open arms, and is passed on to the whole team for consideration.

Best regards,

Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at Hilton Euston for one night. The room was relatively large with a good quality bed and general cleanliness being fine.

We were at the back of the hotel, so there wasn't a problem with noise as some other reviewers have noted. However we did experience the ever changing temperature of the shower, which was incredibly annoying - one minute cold, the next blinding hot. Management should definitely look at sorting this out, given the potential hazard this may cause.

Breakfast was of a good quality and reasonable, with the black pudding being particularly good. The self service internet machines are terribly slow, and a massive rip off but when you stay at Hilton you realise that you will likely be charged for everything.

Staff are friendly and helpful. The main reason for staying at the hotel is the location to Euston station, and at £120 per night it is a good rate for London.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review after your recent visit at Hilton London Euston.
I am glad to note that the size of the bedroom and the cleanliness met with your expectations. I am sorry for the inconvenience with the water temperature; I have raised this with our Chief Engineer and he is now conducting inspections on all bathrooms to ensure that this won’t happen again.
We appreciate you mentioning the great service at the hotel as each team member aspires to provide service excellence.

Best regards,

Guest Relations
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

This was very much a functional stay. My room was clean but not that large, views out over some sheds but better than a wall!

The breakfasts were standard fare, nothing exceptional and I wasn't tempted by the evening menu.

Did the job but I wouldn't have been blown away if I was paying myself.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to know that we were not able to make your stay with us an excellent one.
Your feedback has been taken on board and shared with the team.

Kind Regards,