“Needs A Refurb And A Bigger Bar”

Hilton London Euston
Ranked #638 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Needs A Refurb And A Bigger Bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

One night stay en route from a late arrival at Heathrow to Euston the next morning. Nothing to acknowledge my exalted Diamond Hhonors status, but a reasonably efficient check-in. My room was a good size but looked as though it was missing several pieces of furniture. It had a connecting door, which I hate, and a bizarre arrangement of light offset from the centre of the headboard, just where one person of a couple would have their head and pillow during the night. The room was tired and worn and there was a lot of noise from some kind of air conditioning or ventilation unit outside - this was constant all night long. The bathroom was better - looked to have been refurbished at some point in the past ten years, which the hotel certainly hasn't.

I arrived at 21:30 which was too late for the restaurant and I was considering ordering food in the bar. However, the small bar was full of a large and noisy group, the service was slow so I decided to go out after a brief pint.

Other than that, nothing else to say. I paid a reasonable rate through the corporate travel agent and it was handy for Euston. I wouldn't stay here for pleasure but it was OK as somewhere to crash for the night.

1 Thank Jorganmeister
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad you had the opportunity to visit the Hilton London Euston and I thank you for writing about your stay.
I am sorry if we didn’t meet your expectation as one of our loyal Diamond HHonors member.
We are certainly sorry to learn of the experience you encountered with room allocation. Should guests be dissatisfied with the bedroom they have been allocated we will always attempt to relocate to a room that is more suitable for their requirements.
I have relayed your feedback to my team, and do hope that you will return to the hotel so we can show you the true Hilton experience that you are accustomed to.

Guest relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed overnight to get first train to Paris. Rooms ok, reception was good. Hotel was full on a Tuesday night, which left the bar and restaurant staff sweating and panting. Food took 35 minutes from order which is 5 minutes over what I would deem reasonable. I ordered the mixed grill which was fine except for the chips; they were advertised as "hand-cut". These certainly were not carefuly crafted by a master chef - these were cheap chips stacked up in a mini-Jenga tower to make them look authentic. Hotel good; restaurant could do better.

1 Thank Richard J
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments regarding your stay at the hotel.
I am sorry to hear that you had to wait for your food to be delivered and if the chips quality did not meet your expectation. Please be assured that I have forwarded your comments to our Food and Beverage department and that this is not the quality we adhere to.
Thank you for staying with us and trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Denver, Colorado
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,223 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

We enjoyed our recent stay at The Hilton Euston. The hotel is just a short walk from Euston station (tube) and is close to St. Pancras (we took the Eurostar, so it was very convenient for us).
The staff was wonderful, helpful and cheerful. Breakfast was excellent each morning.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank denver60
Dear Guest,

We are indeed very close to Euston Station as well was walking distance from both Kings Cross Underground and St Pancras International for ease of travel to Europe and to the centre of London.
I would most especially like to thank you for your comments about our team; such comments do prove to be a great source of motivation for our team members.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I've stayed at most Hilton properties in London, I'd been losing faith in the brand after some terrible stays at the Waldorf & Doubletree Westend but really enjoyed my stay at Hilton Euston, the staff were lovely on check-in, the room was great, not the biggest room ever but it did the job.

The location is ok - depends on what you're looking for, its quite far from Oxford Street/Westend area but is very handy for Russell Square or Euston area. I'd stay again.

1 Thank Vincejd
Dear Guest,

We are proud to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly.

Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

A very convenient location, only a short walk from Euston station. The staff were extremely helpful and the room was spotlessly clean as were all the public areas. The only negative was that we were woken up at 6.00am by the radio alarm clock going off - assume this had been set by the previous occupiers but not re-set before our stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Angela B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive comments with us, this will certainly contribute to our team’s motivation and I have gladly passed them on.
I am sorry for the inconvenience with the wakeup call and thank you for the feedback I have passed it on to the relevant department head to avoid any recurrence in the future.
We trust you had a great time in London and we will be able to welcome you back.

stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

service was outstanding- staff was very helpful. Location in Euston top - for business and pleasure. Easy to reach by tube or bus. Room was rather small and so were the beds (shorter might be British Standard?) very clean bathroom. Wifi has to be paid for, that is a donwside.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Nausika M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review after your recent visit at Hilton London Euston.
We are most fortunate to be located where we are as our public transport links, located on the doorstep of our hotel, will take you anywhere you wish to go in London.
Some of our rooms are smaller than other as the hotel is set in a Victorian building and we are unable to make any change to the structure of the building.
I do note your comments regarding the cost of internet, and would like to advise we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi in our public areas including the restaurant and bar.

england
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

If booking into the hilton euston, be sure to request a double room!

Unfortunately I had a twin room booked for me and did not realise until check in.

On entering the room, it was absolutely tiny!! There were two single beds - but not what you would expect from a hilton.

Apart from the beds, a lamp and a tv, the room had little else and was extremely basic to say the least.

It was clean, apart from some staining on the carpet, but the floor to ceiling height was probably bigger than the room width!

I did try to move rooms, but was informed by the receptionist that I would need to pay £40 for the pleasure, as they only had "superior doubles" left (yes, in other words a rip off).

Given that this is no cheap hotel - the premier inn over the road is far superior in terms of customer service and room size (and at least you get a double bed)!! I thought I have sleeping in a single bed the elbow several years ago and at 6'2" these sorts of beds in decent hotels ought to be banned!!!!

Not good!!! Rant over!!!!!

Apart from this issue - good location - less than three minute walk from euston station!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank col35
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. It is unfortunate to hear you experienced a less than impressive stay and we will take your comments seriously as we always strive to improve.
First and foremost I would like to apologise that the room size did not meet your expectations, however due to the age and history of the building the size and shape of the bedrooms vary depending on their location within the property. I am also sorry that on this occasion we did not have any other twin rooms available to reallocate you.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Hilton London Euston so that we can restore your faith in our product, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any future booking with us.

Diliana Dimitrova
Guest Relations
Diliana.dimitrova@hilton.com

Travellers are raving about these London hotels