“London Euston Stay”

Ranked #646 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Halifax, Canada
“London Euston Stay”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Good hotel, what I expected from Hilton brand. Can't get a hotel closer to Euston station. Very convenient to Northern line and Victoria line. The bed in my room felt like it was at the end of it's service life, but not enough of an issue to ask for a room change.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, 13 March 2014

Thank you for your review after your recent visit at Hilton London Euston
The team and I were very happy to read that you had enjoyed your time at the Hotel and would be delighted to be able to welcome you back on a future date.

Guest relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Just a one night stay which is always hard to make an overall judgement but for the price it just did the job. The room was clean, reasonably quiet and the internet speed was more than adequate. The staff were friendly, helpful and the breakfast buffet plentiful and of a good standard. Don't expect too many frills but it does what it says on the tin. Would go back...

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments regarding your stay at the hotel.
The team and I were very happy to read that you had enjoyed your time at the Hotel and we do hope to welcome you in the very near future.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

One night stay en route from a late arrival at Heathrow to Euston the next morning. Nothing to acknowledge my exalted Diamond Hhonors status, but a reasonably efficient check-in. My room was a good size but looked as though it was missing several pieces of furniture. It had a connecting door, which I hate, and a bizarre arrangement of light offset from the centre of the headboard, just where one person of a couple would have their head and pillow during the night. The room was tired and worn and there was a lot of noise from some kind of air conditioning or ventilation unit outside - this was constant all night long. The bathroom was better - looked to have been refurbished at some point in the past ten years, which the hotel certainly hasn't.

I arrived at 21:30 which was too late for the restaurant and I was considering ordering food in the bar. However, the small bar was full of a large and noisy group, the service was slow so I decided to go out after a brief pint.

Other than that, nothing else to say. I paid a reasonable rate through the corporate travel agent and it was handy for Euston. I wouldn't stay here for pleasure but it was OK as somewhere to crash for the night.

Dear Guest,

I am glad you had the opportunity to visit the Hilton London Euston and I thank you for writing about your stay.
I am sorry if we didn’t meet your expectation as one of our loyal Diamond HHonors member.
We are certainly sorry to learn of the experience you encountered with room allocation. Should guests be dissatisfied with the bedroom they have been allocated we will always attempt to relocate to a room that is more suitable for their requirements.
I have relayed your feedback to my team, and do hope that you will return to the hotel so we can show you the true Hilton experience that you are accustomed to.

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed overnight to get first train to Paris. Rooms ok, reception was good. Hotel was full on a Tuesday night, which left the bar and restaurant staff sweating and panting. Food took 35 minutes from order which is 5 minutes over what I would deem reasonable. I ordered the mixed grill which was fine except for the chips; they were advertised as "hand-cut". These certainly were not carefuly crafted by a master chef - these were cheap chips stacked up in a mini-Jenga tower to make them look authentic. Hotel good; restaurant could do better.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you had to wait for your food to be delivered and if the chips quality did not meet your expectation. Please be assured that I have forwarded your comments to our Food and Beverage department and that this is not the quality we adhere to.
Thank you for staying with us and trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Denver, Colorado
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,397 helpful votes
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We enjoyed our recent stay at The Hilton Euston. The hotel is just a short walk from Euston station (tube) and is close to St. Pancras (we took the Eurostar, so it was very convenient for us).
The staff was wonderful, helpful and cheerful. Breakfast was excellent each morning.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are indeed very close to Euston Station as well was walking distance from both Kings Cross Underground and St Pancras International for ease of travel to Europe and to the centre of London.
I would most especially like to thank you for your comments about our team; such comments do prove to be a great source of motivation for our team members.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I've stayed at most Hilton properties in London, I'd been losing faith in the brand after some terrible stays at the Waldorf & Doubletree Westend but really enjoyed my stay at Hilton Euston, the staff were lovely on check-in, the room was great, not the biggest room ever but it did the job.

The location is ok - depends on what you're looking for, its quite far from Oxford Street/Westend area but is very handy for Russell Square or Euston area. I'd stay again.

Dear Guest,

We are proud to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly.

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

A very convenient location, only a short walk from Euston station. The staff were extremely helpful and the room was spotlessly clean as were all the public areas. The only negative was that we were woken up at 6.00am by the radio alarm clock going off - assume this had been set by the previous occupiers but not re-set before our stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive comments with us, this will certainly contribute to our team’s motivation and I have gladly passed them on.
I am sorry for the inconvenience with the wakeup call and thank you for the feedback I have passed it on to the relevant department head to avoid any recurrence in the future.
We trust you had a great time in London and we will be able to welcome you back.