“Great for families”

Hilton London Euston
Ranked #622 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I travelled with our 4 kids ages 9-16. Overall the hotel was excellent. Breakfast was a feast and really set us up for a day of touring. Service was very good. Both rooms came with a fold-out bed. There are better locations in London, but with a tube stop a hundred yards away, you can get anywhere very quickly. Would recommend for families.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (2,272)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were working late in the Euston area, and after finding out that the Romance restaurant in Chalton Street has closed we were looking for something quick to eat before catching a train from Euston.

In desperation more than anything else we went to the bar for a drink and after a reasonably priced, and well poured Guinness and some nuts, decided to have a snack of a hamburger and a hoisin duck wrap. They were immaculately cooked and presented, coming with a range of sauces and garnishes. They tasted blummin good and the whole bill came to £35 including tip.

Although the hotel looked as if it could do with a refurb, the bar overlooking the street is very pleasant and tonight was ably run by Neal from East London, who is friendly and quietly efficient.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear isophajussi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your meal in our Woburn Bar in Hilton London Euston.

I am very glad to hear that you liked our bar food, that it tasted excellent and that it looked appetising. I have ensured that our Head Chef is aware of your comments.

Thank you for your comments about Neil, such comments do inspire motivation for our team and I will ensure that they are passed along.

We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel to stay or have another meal in our Woburn Bar or Restaurant.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This London hotel is in an ideal spot just a block from the train, tube stations, and the bus stops right in front! I enjoyed the bus better because it is on the streets, and if you are a tourist you get to see things along the route you may want to return to, also the bus is much less expensive! Just have the right change, drivers can't make change.
We had two rooms, the first rather small and the view was a roof and the other side of the hotel (really no view). About half way through our stay we were upgraded to a better room. It was much larger and nicer than the first. The view? Well, we saw the same roof and the windows from our first room. Upgrade did not include an upgraded view I guess. Nice bar and restaurants, great breakfast buffet. (Gold members free!)
One problem with London is if you want to eat after 9PM don't plan on Pub food! For some reason they all stop serving at 9 or so. Stupid because they are all open until midnight at least. One night at about 10PM we returned hungry from the day only to be told the restaurant stops serving in 10 minutes! We decided on room service (24 hour). No one answered the phone in room service after several attempts! We went down to the bar at 10:45 and found that the restaurant was indeed still serving! The evening manager was the one who told us at 10 that it closed in 10 minutes! Evening manager was not really likeable(!), the rest of the staff exceptional and helpful, especially the Concierge! No one knew why we couldn't get room service but at least we did get to dine. I'd stay here again but insist on a better room and view. Also I'd avoid the evening manager assuming she would still be there.

Room Tip: Insist on a street view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dana B

Dear Dana B,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave your review with us following your stay in the hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your room view but I am glad that you were happier with the second room that you were given. I am sorry to hear that you were unable to get room service and that you had some issues with dining in the restaurant, we have spoken to the Food and Beverage Manager and this will not happen again.

I am glad to hear that you liked the bus journey, we have plenty of bus routes into the centre of London, and the busses are a more leisurely way to travel through London to see the attractions and architecture of the central London area.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

A group of us were staying here and had booked a meeting room for the following day. Room was OK, pretty big but overlooking Euston Road so fair amount of traffic noise. HHonors amenity was two small bottles of water which was pretty miserly. Had a drink in the bar before heading out for dinner and service was very good.

Sleep quality was average as there was a lot of sirens from the emergency vehicles that are based just across from the hotel. Breakfast was very good: probably the best UK Hilton breakfast and the staff were superb.

The lady looking after our meeting room was very helpful but they had forgotten to supply the soft drinks I had requested and then proceeded to charge £4 for each one that we consumed. Considering the price of the small meeting room I was surprised that WiFi was extra.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking Euston road
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear AFrequentTraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding our hotel following your stay and use of meeting rooms.

I am glad to hear that you liked the service from our breakfast team and bar. I will be sure to pass your comments along. I am sorry for the traffic noise, we are overlooking the extremely busy Euston Road but do have quieter rooms at the back of the hotel, our Front Office team are always willing to help should you require to change your room.
We do hope that we can welcome you to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I chose this property for its proximity to my office, which is almost right across the street. Overall This is an excellent property and I had no complaints at all with my stay. My room was very clean, the staff is friendly and helped me to navigate my way around London and back to the airport, which was much further away than I expected. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear John M,

Thank you for taking a short moment to leave a review following your stay with us at the Hilton London Euston.

I am thrilled to hear that your stay with us was excellent. Thank you for your comments about our team and I am glad to hear they were very helpful with getting to the airport.
I am pleased that you will return to our hotel and we do hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Perfect location if visiting British Museum, British Library or UCL. Smallish hotel (for a Hilton) but helpful and friendly staff. Breakfast was the usual excellent breakfast from Hilton, rooms were quiet even being on a busy road. The only niggle I found was that the air con would only go to -3 degrees of current temperature and it was a hot weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Martin C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your stay with us at Hilton London Euston.

I am delighted that you have found the location of the hotel convenient and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you especially for your comments about our team member and our breakfast.

We do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We received an upgrade due to our Hilton Points status. After a slight mixup with being assigned to someone else's room (the staff took care of it very quickly), we settled into our room. It was a large room by European standards. The bathroom was updated and modern. My only minor complaint about it was that the tub was so far off the ground, it was not easy to get in and out of the shower. Breakfast was included with the room. It was a nice buffet with hot and cold items. The staff was very accommodating and helpful. The concierge even called 4 restaurants to find one that was open on a bank holiday so we could have a nice dinner before catching a show. Finally, while not located right downtown, the location is just a few minutes walk from a major underground/train station. It's also along a bus route. Getting to and from the hotel was very easy. That said, we made the mistake of going to Euston Square station instead of Euston. Euston station is much closer. Anyway, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear allichka,

Thank you for taking a short moment to leave your review of Hilton London Euston on trip advisor following your stay with us.

I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you did like the size of the room. Thank you for your comments about the bath, I have passed these comments along to the relevant people.

The hotel is indeed located very close to Euston, Kings Cross St Pancras and Euston Square Stations and we have plentiful bus routes into the central London area.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.