“Awful”

Ranked #632 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Toronto, Canada
“Awful”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I have been here for 6 days for work so the choice of hotel was not mine. But its been awful. I just spent almost 45 minutes stuck in an elevator. The elevators have broken down often most of my stay and so I should have never got on today but I did ( big mistake). We have demanded that management compensate us and i will be following up regulary to ensure they do. The rooms themselves are clean but the hallways and carpeting everywhere look filthy. I would not stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Lisa R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am sincerely sorry to hear that you were stuck in our lift yesterday. Our lifts are managed by an outside contractor and as such if they do break down we have to get them to come out and release you from the lift. Due to Health and Safety Policy our staff is not permitted to open the lifts.

I understand that our Hotel Operations Manager has already written to you regarding your experience last night, however we are truly sorry for the inconvenience and distress caused, we are regularly maintaining the lifts with our outside contractor.

Please do contact any of our colleagues at the Front Desk or Duty Managers if we can be of any further assistance during the rest of your stay.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Good location, close to the tube station. Therefore, it is convenient to travel to the main sightseeing. But there is no free WIFI in the room. We stay in a room with one king size bed. The size of room is very geneous. However, as a 4* hotel, the room could be refurbished to give fresh and comfortable feeling. Breakfast is good and provide variety of choices.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Hwa-Hsien H,

Thank you for your comments about the room and the breakfast, I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed them. The hotel is due for a refurbishment in the latter part of the year, thank you for your comments regarding this.

I am sorry that we do not offer free WIFI in the room, however we do offer free WIFI in our public areas, which you can access from a code given by our reception team.

The location of the hotel is indeed a excellent choice as we are a five to seven minute walk from both Kings Cross and Euston mainline stations.

We do hope to welcome you to the hotel again in the near future.

New Zealand
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have stayed here before because of its location to the university and Euston Station but would be hard pressed to stay again. We had originally booked for five nights but gave up after two because the service was so poor and moved to the Hilton Waldorf in Covent Garden and it was like a night and day comparison, with not much difference in the price. Our only regret was that we never moved sooner.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Narziss
Dear Narziss,

Thank you for leaving your review on trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry to read about the poor service you have received at the hotel, I would like to assure you that this is not usual of the high level of service that we ensure that our team adhere to. I can only apologise that this happened during your stay with us.

I do hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back so that we can prove to you that we do offer a good service here.

Guest Relations

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Corby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hilton a few days ago and overall, it was a pleasant stay. Although we were charged an extra £50 when we got to the hotel 'incase we used room service'. I thought this was pointless and we are still waiting for our refund. The room was reasonably sized and the bed was comfy. The bathroom was nice. Really modern! There was a tray outside with used dishes from someone who had ordered room service the whole time we were there, it should of been cleared up must sooner. Also in the morning, a house keeper banged on our door at 8.45am, waking us both up. Before I could get to the door, she had walked in. Then, 15 minutes later another house keeper walked into our room which we weren't pleased about. Also the elevator was broke. Other than that, a pleasant stay.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Erin G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of the hotel following your stay with us.

I am glad to hear that your overall stay with us was enjoyable. The Hilton does take £50.00 per night for extra's or incidentals to be charged to the room. This is refunded to the card upon your departure and usually takes a few days to show up. I am also sorry that the room service tray was not cleared sooner, this is not usual of the high level of service we usually offer here.

I am sorry to hear about the housekeeper knocking on your door early in the morning, I have spoken to our housekeeping department who assures me that this will not happen again.

We look forward to being able to welcome you to the hotel again in the near future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

As a hilton honours gold member I stay in hilton hotels regularly and this is by far the worst in terms of quality in my experience. During my stay in May 2014 when i woke up after my first night I found an open packet of bacon under my bed which was really gross I informed the hotel staff but sure enough it was still there when i returned from work that night. Poor service an a poor hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott222B
Dear Scott222B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your stay with us at the Hilton London Euston.

I was shocked and horrified to hear that you have found a packet of bacon under your bed, this is not usual of the high level of cleanliness offered by our Housekeeping department. I have ensured that I have spoken to our Executive Head Housekeeper and she has assured me it will not happen again.

As a Gold member you are one of our most loyal customers and I do hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Being a Hilton Honors Gold member I chose this property for a combination of reasons including the brand, location close by Euston, King's Cross, and easy access to a number of locations I had to attend over the long weekend. Having read some of the other reviews and realizing this is an older building that can always have some challenges, the special three night weekend rate for a large King room sealed the deal. It helps to be be aware that in London ANY hotel tends to be very expensive for a room any bigger than a broom closet. It is just like in San Francisco and New York.

First impressions were not too bad. The staff was very pleasant and professional. I had called ahead the day before to request early check in at noon and the room was ready and they had acknowledged my request when arrived. Great. Going to my room I couldn't help noticing the rather narrow hallways were rather beat up and tired looking. They really should get a good clean paint job and fix all the nicks and damage from carts and luggage.

As for the room, I was pleased with the size and finish. with the exception of a few stains on the carpet and chair, everything was decent and clean. Be aware the bed, or mine at least, was VERY firm. It was not the most comfortable Hilton bed I have been on and found it far too hard. The bathroom, while typically small, was modern, updated, and more than adequate. The high tub however was a bit of a trick to get in and out of safely for the shower I must say.

The biggest issue through the trip turned out to be the fact this room had a door adjoining to the other room next to it and it was seemingly PAPER THIN. I could clearly hear all the normal level conversation of the couple next door, their nightly shenanigans till all hours, (yes, including THAT) and the dance party with loud music they tried to have the second night at 3am. I had to bang on the door several times to remind them of the fact they were by no means alone and to keep it down. Unfortunately that detracted from what otherwise might have been a nicer stay.

The breakfast in the morning was a mixed experience. Sometimes the host on duty was pleasant, sometimes not. It tended to be very busy and rather loud. The tables are quite close together and in some cases you're sitting very much in the flow of guests going to the various food stations or back out the door. The serving staff was ok, though very busy and tended not to have time to attend to anything else after giving your coffee. At least it was in a self pour pot.

I also used the coffee/bar upstairs and also found the staff a bit distracted or busy with many other responsibilities. They did attempt to be pleasant and responsive, and the cappuccino I must say was rather good.

I am sure there are other hotel choices that are better, but this one is ok if you get it for the right price. In general this property needs to step it up a bit, frankly. It could be a very good choice if it wants to be.

Room Tip: Request a room without adjoining doors to the next room to reduce the risk of noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank travel-here-there
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear travel-here-there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you liked the room and the first impression of the hotel. Thank you for your comments about the team, we do aim to ensure that we help our guests before, during and after the stay.

I am very sorry to hear that you could hear what was happening next door to you, I can only apologise for this and I will pass this information along to our Management Team for future reference.

I am glad to hear that you liked our Woburn Bar and enjoyed the cappuccino. I do hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The smallest room I've ever paid £150 for! A double bed you could only access from one side. the state of the bedding was a disgrace especially the pillows, yellow stains and full of previous occupants hair. if you find youself looking for accomodation in the Euston area I suggest the staion platform would be cheaper, roomier and considerably cleaner !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

3 Thank David W
Dear David W,

Thank you for taking some time to leave your comments following your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the hotel and the size and condition of the room. I have spoken with our housekeeping department to ensure that this does not happen again. This is not usual of the high level of standards that we offer at the hotel and I can only apologise that on this occasion the standards were not met.