“one night stay - very good”

Hilton London Euston
Ranked #643 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 July 2014

stayed one night whilst waiting to renew my passport. read some of the reviews here and was a little worried about the state of the hotel, pleased to say i had a lovely room, comfortable and quiet. i stay at many hotels (inc hilton) all over the world on a regular basis and this hotel was very reasonable considering the relatively low cost compared to other london properties.

near to the train station and very easily accessible. staff very accommodating and friendly. my room was a decent size, good tv, comfortable bed. more than adequate for a short stay.

Room Tip: i would avoid the small rooms, worth paying for a bigger room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear mark d,

I am very pleased to hear that you have liked your stay with us at the Hilton London Euston.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am glad to hear that you chose the hotel even though you had read some of the other reviews left. I am also happy that your room was to your satisfaction.

The hotel is indeed in an excellent location with train links to central London from Euston and Kings Cross via the London Underground. Both stations are mainline stations to the North of the Country also.

We do look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton London Euston

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have stayed several times at this hotel, and our experience has been good. The reception and concierge staff are efficient and friendly. The breakfast room is in the basement but is cheerful in spite of having no windows. (Next door at the Premier Inn you can watch people and buses along the Euston Road while having breakfast!) The menu is very good, lots of cold meat and salads for Continental visitors, though the bacon and eggs I thought were not of the best quality. Waiting staff attentive. One drawback is the flight of steps at the entrance (and the smokers congregating there.) We had room 318 at the side, quiet and comfortable. Small bathroom but ample space for our toiletries and nearly enough for towels. Hanging space good, not much drawer space. There should be free wifi available in the rooms. Comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rowanberry22,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your stay with us at the Hilton London Euston.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel. I am especially happy for your comments about our breakfast team and our breakfast. I will forward on your mention of the eggs and Bacon to our Head Chef. Thank you for mentioning our reception team, I am very glad that you have liked your room and that it was quiet and comfortable.

We do hope to welcome you again very soon to our hotel.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Hilton London Euston saved us! After staying at another hotel around the block, where the room was a size of a closet, we checked out and checked into the Hilton London Euston. As a family of 4 we stayed in the King Suite. There was plenty of room for the four of us and the hotel provided us with free WiFi. The hotel was clean and the staff very pleasant and helpful. Additionally, the concierge was very helpful in providing assistance on how to get around the city and back to the airport.

Would highly recommend the Hilton London Euston!

Lisa R

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Lisa R,

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel and that we met your expectations. Thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that you liked our King Suite and there was plenty of room for your family. Thank you for your comments about our team members, we pride ourselves on our helpful and friendly team.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back to us again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I am a Hilton Honors member and while planning a trip for my husband and son to celebrate High school graduation it seemed natural to stay at a Hilton whenever possible. Upon my check-in my husband noted that the deadbolt to the door was broken. This was brought to the manager's attention who acknowledged that it was broken but offered know alternative room and said that there was no need to have safety concerns as the the hotel is "monitored." Additionally, the manager refused to give his last name so that I could contact Hilton honros and make a formal complaint about the poor customer service.

Dear pinkbpv,

Thank you for leaving your review of the hotel following your stay with us. i am very sorry to hear of the experience you had at our hotel.

We have taken steps to find out who you dealt with upon finding your deadbolt was not working and I can only apologise one again for the poor customer service.

We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you to the hotel and to show the excellent level of customer service that we usually offer here.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I, like so many before me on here (why did I not check this sooner!?) am a gold hilton honors member and used this hilton for its proximity to Euston station. I told myself after the last visit I would never stay here again after I booked a double room and found myself being offered a single room at the front of the hotel on a very noisy road and barely slept a wink! The previous time before that I had DREADFUL customer service from what I can only describe as apathetic staff, and a receptionist who's English was so poor I could barely understand her. Then when I booked breakfast to be sent to my room at 6.30am, I received a call (at 6.30am!!!!) to my room to ask me lots of questions about what I meant by "no dates" and "wholemeal bread"! Not difficult requests I would have thought!? Meaning breakfast was not with me until 7pm.
But it was my recent and LAST visit that was the worst when I stupidly thought I'd give them one more chance to get it right.
I had been out for dinner with clients and didn't get to the hotel until 11.15pm. I was on a very early train the next day, so was looking forward to getting my head down. I walked into reception and asked to check in only to be told "let me just get the manager". Alarm bells started ringing.
The night manager appeared only to tell me that due to a FLOOD, my room was not available and they needed to move me to a hotel 3 miles away. AT 11.15pm at night!!!
The hotel was apparently fully booked and so "there was nothing they could do about it". That was actually the language they used. Not, "I'm terribly sorry" or "we really hate to do this to you, can I do anything to help". No, just a shrug of the shoulders and "there is nothing we can do".

I asked to see the affected room, only to be told that they couldn't show me as it was being worked on!

That old chestnut. I have travelled the world enough to know when I am being spun a line and indeed I have even heard this excuse before when hotels overbook and then push people out to cheaper, lower standard hotels when they are full and make more money and avoid having empty rooms if people cancel on the day. The night manager would not confirm or deny this. I would not expect this from the hilton chain.

I then asked that why they made no effort to tell me before I arrived that this was the case? They claimed they did not have my contact details. As a hilton honors member, they have my contact details and indeed, through my work we book through a travel agent and they had received no notification. As such, I can only conclude that they made no effort to contact me.

At 11.15pm at night they were counting on me having no alternative. I declined their offer and called my firms emergency number and found an alternative at the Thistle hotel in Euston. I was lucky that I could do this, others may not have been. That said, the Thistle hotel is not of the same standard as a Hilton and was a lot smaller and yet, at that time of night, was more expensive. Again - no apology or offer to compensate me for this inconvenience. They felt that arranging a hotel 3 miles away was all they had to do.

So by the time I got to my hotel and had checked in, it was after midnight and I was so angry and worked up that once again, I got a dreadful nights sleep.

All in all, don't bother with the dreadful hotel. Poor service, lack of care and blatant focus on the money and not on the service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear RobC78,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave your review of Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

I am very sorry to hear that you had some disappointing experiences with us and to hear about you being booked into another hotel. Due to the maintenance issue we had on the day and also our anticipated pattern of arrivals and departures did not materialise we had a shortage of rooms upon your arrival to the hotel.

I do understand your frustrations and I can only apologise for that you were unhappy. I understand that the hotel has been in contact with you regarding your e-mail to our Operations Manager.

Please do give us another chance to welcome you to the hotel again in the near future so that we may restore your faith in our services.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Nice hotel located in walking distance of St. Pancras train station and walking distance of Euston Station Underground. The room was clean, the staff were exceptionally helpful. There were several nice eating establishments and grocery stores within walking distance. The neighborhood was mostly residential and situated close to Westminster University.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Donald O,

Thank you for your comments left on Trip Advisor following your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the Hilton London Euston. Thank you for your five star rating.

I do hope that we have another chance to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you come to London.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Unbelievably small room. The bed was against the wall on the left side. The air conditioning appeared to be blowing cool air from the vent, yet the room never cooled off. Upon arrival, our tv wasn't receiving a signal. We called down for service and they did send someone right away to their credit. Although the location was great for getting to the tube, I would not return to or recommend this hotel. This is the worst Hilton I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dustyslome,

Thank you for taking a few momemts to leave your review following your stay at the hotel.

I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. i am sorry to hear about the issues your experiences. By a way of explananiton the hotel is located within a Victorian listed Building and therefore the hotel is not built to the same speciaifications as purpose built Hiltons.

We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you to the hotel again.