“Not Hilton Standards”

Hilton London Euston
Ranked #634 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Hotel is well located. There is a stop for the "Big Bus" hop on hop off service right in front of the hotel.The breakfast buffet was included in our rate and was very good. We were on the 4th floor with a room overlooking the rear of the hotel and we had no noise issues. The room was oddly laid out with one of the beds against the wall. The A/C was loud and weak. There were no outlets near the beds but luckily I brought an extension cord. The beds were comfortable. The room was very musty with traces of mold growing around the edges of the bathroom ceiling. The carpet was worn and stained. The wifi was not included in the room rate. I gave the hotel an average rating, but when you are paying these rates for a Hilton branded hotel you expect much better.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank InspectorDuffy
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear InspectorDuffy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your stay with us. I am happy that you liked the location of the hotel. We are indeed in an excellent location with access to many of London's tourist destinations via the big top bus as well as Central London via the London Underground.

I am sorry to hear about the room and the bathroom, the hotel is due for a refurbishment very soon for all hotel bedrooms.

We do hope that you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The suite is quite nice and quiet, even the building is a bit old. However, as my family using the room during vacation, but the sofa bed is a bit too small for 2 kids. Breakfast is good. Hotel located at a convenience location, which close to Eurostar station.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Chan Lai W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your stay with us at the Hilton London Euston.

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope that you will return to us the next time you are in London.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I was a little worried having read the most recent reviews of the travelers who had stayed at this hotel. Most of them were negative. So I was pleasantly surprised when we walked into the room that was given to my family when we arrived in London on July 22, 2014. The Room was on the 3rd floor - clean and new with a large bathroom. It was quiet throughout our stay.
I think the only negative was the air conditioning never really cooled. London was experiencing a very hot summer and the a/c system was not equipped to handle. I also think the hotel could add more seating in the lobby area since free wifi was only available in those public areas.
Location was great in terms of catching the trains at the Euston station and the London tour buses along Upper Woburn Place. I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers based on my experience but wonder why there is inconsistency in the reviews/ experience of other travelers.
Staff were very helpful as well so all in all the Hilton London Euston made this a positive start to our European vacation.

Room Tip: Higher floor to avoid street noise however when we were staying only oner elevator was working. We...

Dear Dancerdreamer2014,

Thank you for choosing Hilton London Euston, even after reading the negative reviews. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We do work hard to ensure that our guests do have an enjoyable stay and that we can help with any issues encountered.

We are in an excellent location with easy access to London Underground as well as trains from both Euston and Kings Cross mainline stations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future. Thank you for taking the time to leave you review of us.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and I usually stay at a Hilton when we visit London and have stayed at the Euston one more than once. This time it was a real disappointment. The first room we were put in the double bed was against the wall so we would have had to climb across. We complained and were allocated a room on the 4th floor, the original attic. It was extremely hot and the window a/c took some hours to get the temperature down to anything like acceptable. The soap dish fell off in the shower (no bath) and the rod holding back the curtains also fell off. All in all the hotel appeared exhausted, never mind very tired!
To cap it all, the famed Hilton breakfast was nothing like as good as we were used to.
I doubt we will choose ever to return

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jt1945

Dear Jt1945,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review following your stay with us.

I am very sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your stay with us and that we have disappointed you.

I am sorry that you were in a smaller room, due to the hotel being in a Victorian listed Building the room sizes do vary depending on the location of the room. I can only apologise that you had a smaller room. I am also sorry about the maintenance issues you had experienced. I have ensued that our maintenance team have been informed in order to avoid future occurrences.

We do hope that you give us another chance to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The Hilton Euston Hotel n London became a nightmare for our vacations, during end June-July 2014. . The hotel has an open backyard bar where every afternoon ALL the days of the week, semi - drunk or completely drunk guests drink a lot of beers making terrible noise. We could not rest during the days and the nights. Pls never never book in this hotel. The noise from the bar is a nightmare.

Room Tip: NEVER BOOK IN THIS HOTEL because of the bar and the noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank eri l
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear eri I,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review following your stay at the hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by noise from the bar. Had you have mentioned this to our duty Manager during your stay we could have changed your room to a quieter one. We do aim to ensure that our guests are happy during their stay and our Duty Managers are here 24 hours a day to fix any problems.

We do hope to have another chance to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Firstly i am a Diamond member with the Hilton group and average around a 100 stays a year all over the World.

Unfortunately this hotel did not live up to my expectations of what a Hilton should be like. We had to change room at 1.30am in the morning due what i can only estimate was a noisy AC system. We had turned our own system off in the room before going to bed but the noise continued. Whilst the staff were understanding and moved us from the fourth floor to another room on the ground floor the background hum was still apparent in the new room. We also noticed that the curtain was hanging off the rail in our first room, my wife commented that it resembled student accommodation and she was right.

I would add that the hotel position in terms of transport links is excellent. The staff were apologetic and i think they were well used to dealing with complaints.

In a nutshell the hotel needs some money spending on it, its definitely not what i expect from a Hilton.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Blindlem
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Blindlem,

I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed during your stay with us. Thank you for your comments about the room condition. I have ensured that they have been passed along to our Management Team.

I am glad you liked the location of the hotel, we are indeed in an excellent location for travel links via Kings Cross and Euston Stations.

We do hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future so that we may restore your faith in our hotel facilities.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stay in a lot of Hilton's and i rarely have not nice things to say but I do have to call out a few things. Firstly though I ahve to say the staff were brilliant. Over the 3 days i was there I saw them having to put up with not nice guests and they dealt with them professionally and curteosly and a credit to the hotel. They were always polite, helpful and pleasant to talk to. The hotel itself is situated a few mins walk from Euston Square and 10mins walk from Euston. There are a few eating places and pubs near by if you didnt want to venture into the main city. I was though disappointed. I paid slightly extra than normal as 1stly the picture on the web site made the hotel look 'exotic' and i thought i would get larger than normal rooms. The rooms were smaller than the average size but pleasant. The bathroom was not large but i have to point out that the bath had very large sides and I had difficulty getting in and out and believe an elderly person would struggle tremendously. The beds were comfy but the duvet did not really fit the bed and the pillows may as well not had been there. The main call out also was i arrived on the Fri evening around 9pm and a hoover was left outside the door. It was still there Sat morning and disappeared sometime Sat to be back there Sunday morning along with dirty laundary. i do not expect to pay the price i paid to have to encounter hoovers and dirty laundary to try and get to breakfast. The breakfast was lovely. I can never complain about a Hilton breakfast and is one of the highlights. Overall the hotel was fair to good but for the price charged i think it needs to have a little over-haul.

Dear ruth c,

Thank you for taking few moments to leave your review on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Hilton London Euston.

I am very glad to hear that you have looked the hotel, the room and the Hilton Breakfast. I would like to thank you very much for your comments about our team, I will ensure that they have been passed along to our reception team. I am very sorry about the hoover and drty laundry left outside your room during your stay, this is not a usual policy and I will ensure to speak to our Housekeeping department about this.

I am glad you liked the location of the hotel, we are indeed very close to Euston and also Kings Cross mainline stations and a few minutes walk to Euston Square and also Warren Street Underground Station.

We do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.