“Good location average hotel.”

Hilton London Euston
Ranked #640 of 1,067 Hotels in London
cairns
“Good location average hotel.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Booked in for 2 nights, beds ok but fridge not wor4king and could not get staff to fix it. Breakfast quite good but service from recption staff and consiege very minimal. Also very expensive and after having stayed at othe4r hiltons and double trees this one was ordinary

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear adrianwp,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the hotel on Trip Advisor..

I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to the expectations during your stay. I am sorry about the service from Reception and concierge being very minimal. I have ensured that your comments have been passed along to our Reception Team to ensure that this is improved.

We do hope to have another chance to welcome you back another time in the near future in order to restore your faith in our services and facilities.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Noida, India
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

A very good business hotel at the heart of London. I would recommend a larger room as the standard room is quite small. Food is quite good as I have ordered room service quite often. Great breakfast and very nice staff. Back here in early September.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Anand E,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you have liked the hotel throughout your stays with us over this past year; we look forward to welcoming you back in September. Please do contact us if we can be of any further help.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My recent stay at the hilton euston was average. I won't be staying here again if I can help it..

Now the room I stayed in was clean and did the job. The staff however were anything but helpful. When we checked in I was not told the check out time, so getting everyone up early to ensure we do not exceed the check out time. When I went to check out the receptionist told me check out was 12pm when I questioned why we were not told this when we checked in all I was told was to go back to the room until 12. No apology nothing. As a customer I did not feel valued and did not feel the staff were happy to help and assist me my experience with the hilton brand had been fantastic until this stay I am very disappointed

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank cep1991
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear cep1991,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave a few comments following your recent stay.

I am glad to hear that you did like your room, however I am very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience with our team. I would like to assure you that we are continually training our team members to ensure that we stay within the high levels of service that we usually provide to our guests. Our guests are our most important people and I can only apologise that on this occasion our service levels did not live up to the expectations.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to welcome you in order to restore your faith in us.

Poitiers, France
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many, many times before but there must have been a change of staff. While trying to appear 'efficient' they forgot to smile or even look me in the eye. I probably won't go back unless I hear that the training has improved.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Frances B,

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment with our team. We have indeed had a changeover in some members of our team and we are continually training them to ensure that our customer service is kept at the high level that we pride ourselves.

We do hope that you will return to the hotel again in the future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Luckily after reading some recent reviews I can comment that our 5 night stay was good. I must say that not once did any staff smile or say hello in those 5 days whenever we went through the lobby. The concierge was there on numerous occasions but as per England style-- pleasantries are probably an optional fee (North American staff are much more pleasant).
Our large famiy room was a great size and something we are used to (North American Hilton's). It was a corner 4th floor room the farthest walk from the elevator which faced the sunny side road and not the busier main road. The only street noise we heard was from delivery trucks and the church bells across the street. The large king bed was very comfy and slept 3 of us on one night when my son couldn't take to sharing his uncomfortable double sofa bed anymore. That was the only downside. The sofa bed really only fit 1 grown person and the metal wires poked through some parts to make it a bit uncomfortable. The bathroom was updated and no complaints with the hot water or shower at all. The air conditioning was also why we chose this hotel. It was good but did blow air directly onto the person lying in the sofa bed. Lots of storage space in the drawers and closet. Kettle with tea, coffee, large LCD TV. The breakfast was an additional fee so we chose to leave each morning at eat at the many eateries in Euston station, a short 5 minute walk away. Save your money and eat somewhere else. The British Museum is also about a 20 mins. walk.
All in all, a nice hotel, we felt safe when walking here from Euston at midnight, close to the tube which is another reason why we chose this location. We were out of the city to Watford for the Harry Potter studio in 20 mins! - Tip- We used AirMiles to partially pay for this room. Worst part--No free Wifi (exorbitant daily rate) and claiming that it is free in the lobby is not true. The small lobby didn't even have enough seating for people waiting to check in (took us over 5 mins. to be served on check-in). They claimed it was free in the bar area but that's not a place children can go for free wifi.

Room Tip: If you have a family or large teenagers, spend a bit more and request the family room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 2BoysHockeyMom
Dear 2BoysHockeyMom,

Thank you for leaving your comments about your stay with us at the Hilton London Euston following your stay.

I am glad to hear that you have liked the hotel and you have enjoyed your stay. I am very sorry to hear that our team did not smile at you when walking through the lobby; I must say this is very usual of the high level of customer service that we usually give, I have ensured that our Front Office Manager is aware of your comments and has already addressed this with the team.

It is indeed true that our breakfast can be an additional charge if not included in t he room rate, however we do offer a large selection of food items in our breakfast Buffet. We offer a Full English option with plentiful eggs, bacon, sausages and we also offer a continental version which is fresh croissants, toast, cereals and fruits. A true spread to begin your day.

I am very glad that you liked the location and our proximity to the stations and we do hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Per the title of my review, it was an adequate hotel. The hotel building is old but everything seems functional, if somewhat worn, shape. The room was clean but a bit on the small side; the double bed alone took up about 80% of the room. However, there are a few reasons why I rate this hotel as above average instead of just average:

1) Proximity to the London Euston train station: I had to catch an early train to Glasgow the next day and the hotel is located across the street from the train station, making is incredibly convenient.

2) Spacious and up-to-date bathroom: The bathroom was of surprisingly decent size, comparable in fittings and size to a modern American hotel bathroom.

3) Great breakfast options: The breakfast in the hotel restaurant downstairs was really good and exactly what I needed prior to a 4 hour train journey.

In summary, this is a perfect hotel for a short 1 night stay when proximity to London Euston is a priority and you are not looking for anything luxurious.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Max_7982
Dear Max_7982,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you did like the hotel and have enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that you felt the bedroom was a little on the small side. Hilton London Euston is not a purpose built Hilton and as the building is a Victorian listed Building the room do differ in size dependant on their location within the property. I am glad you felt the bathroom was adequate.

Thank you for your comments about our breakfast, we do have a large offering for Breakfast, both Full English and Continental Breakfast options offer a large selection of food items.

I am glad that you liked the proximity to the Euston Station, we are indeed only a three minute walk from the station where you can get Over ground and Underground Trains.

We do look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Arrived at the hotel on the Chunnel from Paris. Hotel location was very convenient to the Chunnel terminal at St Pancreas rail terminal. Our family was there celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary. The hotel provided complimentary fruit plates for everyone when they learned of the celebration. They also provided vases for us when we bought flowers during our stay. Rooms were good size and accommodated up to 5 people in a room (2 adults and 3 children). We had three rooms booked. All rooms were in good condition and generally clean. There was dust on the top of our clothing locker that we noticed when we stowed our luggage on top of the locker but the rest of the room was spotless. Internet service was provided free in the lobby. Not sure why they just don't make it free for everyone at the hotel throughout the hotel but we had internet via our smart phones anyway. We would stay again. A little on the pricey side but we didn't want to risk a happy event for a few bucks.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Bruce M
Dear Bruce M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your recent stay with us at the Hilton London Euston.

I am delighted that you have liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you had a lovely 40th Wedding Anniversary and I am very happy to hear that our team supplied you with fruit plates in order to make your stay that extra bit special.

Thank you for letting me know about the dust on top of the wardrobe, I have ensured that I have mentioned this to our Executive Housekeeper in order that we can maintain our cleanliness standards.

We do hope to welcome you again very soon to the hotel.