“Good choice for a business stay”

Hilton London Euston
Ranked #637 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Riga, Latvia
“Good choice for a business stay”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I found Hilton Euston to be a good hotel within the price range from 175 and 200 GBP. Initially I was given a room on the 4th floor that was pretty noisy and very small. There were some minor issues found by me that did not allow me to enjoy my stay, namely only hot water was available in the shower. After I complained to the reception I was given a number on the 3rd floor that on the contrary of the previous one was much-much better. The only minor problem was the dimension of the shower cabin that was pretty small. Overall I am satisfied with the convenience and the level of service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Juris S,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave your comments on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at the Hilton London Euston.

I am sorry to hear that you did not like the first room you were given but I am very happy to hear that we had another room available that we could give you and that you did like that room. I am glad to hear that you did like aspects of the hotel, especially the convenience of the hotel and also the good service.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton London Euston again in the near future.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Spent 4 nights at this hotel. the service was excellent and the staff great. The breakfast was the usual Hilton standard and the 1 night we had dinner was very good. Only 1 lift was working which caused a few problems 5 floors down for breakfast was too much. The hotel itself is a little "tired" in need of some tlc. Very convenient for major Rail stations.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Ann O,

Thank you for taking some time to leave your comments following your stay with us at the Hilton London Euston and for leaving your comments of Trip Advisor.

I am very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel. I am glad to hear that the service was excellent and I am glad the Hilton Breakfast was good.

I am sorry to hear that you felt the hotel was a little tired. We are due for a refurbishment in the hotel bedrooms to start very soon which will offer a more contemporary product for our guests.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again the next time you are in the area.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was the first time I had stayed here since it was taken over by Hilton and ceased to be the Euston Plaza ( a long time ) I had fairly high expectations that it would have been upgraded, sadly it hasn't had significant investment. Having said that, check in was efficient and friendly. The room 118 was a decent size, the beds were comfortable and the TV had plenty of channels to view. The bathroom was fairly small but perfectly adequate . The room wasn't facing onto upper Woburn place, but was facing onto a side road (Endsleigh gardens ) there was a bit of noise from sirens and the clock at St Pancras church that chimes every 15 mins! So if you are a particularly light sleeper a room that isn't facing the roads but into the courtyard / inward facing may be a good idea. I like the location, very good for 3 mainline stations, bus and tube links are good. For me it is more of a 3 star plus, not quite a four star, if you get a good price it's worth it. With one lift out of action and a building with lots of stairs, it could be an issue at busy times if you have luggage or don't want to or can't manage stairs. Plenty of food options locally.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper an inward facing room may be a good bet. It's London, near a main rou...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Martin D,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

Thank you for your comments about the hotel, I am glad that you did like your stay and although had hoped for a refurbishment, we have not had one. We are however due for a rewfurbishment of the hotel bedrooms very soon which will offer a more contemporary product for our guests.

The location of the hotel is indeed very good for trains to the North of the country from Euston as well as international trains from Kings Cross St Pancras. There are also plentiful Underground connections and bus routes into the centre of London.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Reception staff were polite, and obviously knew what they were doing and we had our keys in no time!
The room was on the small side, but it was clean and had everything you might need.
The bar staff however.. They were moaning about the lack of staff in front of guests, they were serving very slowly (between talking to each other) and the whole area behind the bar looked like a bomb-site. It got to the point where clients were just laughing at the ineptness of the staff that were on that night.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Anthony B
Dear Anthony B,

I am glad to hear that you liked the room and I am glad to hear that the reception team were very helpful and friendly.

I am sorry to hear about the Bar Staff, I can assure you that I have passed these comments along to the Food and Beverage Management to ensure that this does not happen again.

We do hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Adjacent to a number of railway. Convenient to travel around. However, the house keeping was even worse than some small hotels. There was missing items everyday, towel, bottle water, ...We stayed 6 nights and only one lift out of two was working but could not carry more than 4 persons! Both lifts were out of order in one morning that all residences had to walk up and down the stair. The wifi was unstable that I could not believe it happened in 21st century in hotel of London.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Supermanluk,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave your comments on the Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

I am very happy to hear that you liked the location of the hotel, we are indeed very close to both Kings Cross and Euston Stations and we have plenty of bus routes into the centre of London.

I am sorry that you were unhappy with the hotel; we do have an issue with the lifts at the moment and are working with an outside contractor to fix them. I am also sorry to hear that the BT internet was not working correctly; we are working with BT constantly to ensure a high quality internet service.

We do hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you to the hotel in order to restore your faith in our facilities.

Guest Relations

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Looked into prices around the Euston area as normally stay at the Premier Inn, the Hilton was the same price so thought I would try it out. The hotel was fine and the breakfast good but disappointed by the room size and quality was disappointing, I think I will stick with the Premier Inn in the future.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ian S,

I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the room size, as we are in a Victorian Listed Building the room sizes are slightly smaller than most custom built hotels. Thank you for your comments about the breakfast, I am glad that it was good.

We do hope that we have another chance to be able to welcome you to the hotel again very soon.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Given a single room with a double bed. Very cramped and neccesitated one of us climbing over the other to get into bed. No room upgrades available. Felt that we were not getting best service as using TESCO vouchers to pay for part of bill.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Ian O
Dear Ian O,

I am sorry to hear that we have not met your expectations during your stay with us at the hotel.

I am very sorry to hear that you were not able to get a bedroom upgrade during your stay, any room upgrades are based upon hotel availability and I am afraid that we were full so unable to offer any room upgrades on your stay with us.

We do offer the same level of service to all our guests, we aim to offer a high level of customer service in an aim to ensure all our guests are happy whilst and after their stay with us.

We do hope that you will give us another chance and that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.