“Disgusting”

The Grapevine Hotel
Ranked #438 of 572 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I have stayed in a lot of Hotels in London, with out doubt this is the worst, tea making,- no kettle - one Teabag- one coffee one milk which was sour my room was the size of a broom cubbard, it was filthy, the toilet was so small i had to reverse into it , i wouldn't recomend this hotel to my worst enemy, i had freinds who were from Germany and Finland with me all rooms were booked has ensuite, my 2 freinds had to go down one flight of stairs to find there toilet, 4 weeks later all 3 of us are feeling ill , please avoid this s---hole dont let it spoil your stay in London (oh and the internet was just not working).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 September 2010

I stayed here for two nights, had a single room with toilet and shower on the ground floor. The room was very small, but clean and had everything I needed. It didn't have any bad smell or anything that I have encountered in other cheap hotels. It was quiet at night, other guests seemed to be mainly middle aged or older. Breakfast was very simple but ok. Location was excellent, once you learned how to get out of Victoria station at the right exit it took only a five minute walk. Lots of nice restaurants in the area, plus a large Sainsbury's.

Of course it is always nicer to be able to stay in a luxury hotel, but for someone travelling on a budget this is absolutely ok for the price (GBP 35 a night for a single ensuite, quite unbeatable). I have stayed in much worse places in the UK, and payed more.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2010

I stayed here with my mrs and in laws....Had the worst experience of my life.. we stayed for 3 nights counting the list of bad things
1 - we paid and had requested a room with private WC and Shower which we did not get and had to share the bathroom with 4 other people went to the reception and told them about this they said the hotel was fully booked and refunded us 10% which we were not happy with
2 - the second morning I woke with my whole body covered with BED BUGS BITES, informed one of the staff and all they could do is say sorry about this
3 - shower very dirty and toilet as well and most of the things broken
4 - At breakfast the waiters are a snob and serve you as if they are doing a big favour on you.
Overall not at all worth staying still sufering from the bites and had to chance my bed in the house as well and get pest control to sort it out
would never go even near to the hotel again
even if they let me stay there for free

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Darshak
Reviewed 13 August 2010

DO NOT STAY HERE!! first we arrived to have the staff that did not understand english try and tell us that are room we had booked had been flooded (triple room with ensuit) and that they had a alternative which we agreed to being tired and fed up of dragging suitcases big mistake! we had to share a dirty yellow bathroom with the room next door the bed sheets were dirty i plugged the kettle in which blew up all the electric in the bedroom when i went to tell the staff they said i had to pay for it as I broke it which i was obviosly not happy about!! the people in the room above us were soooo loud that we did not sleep at all and the breakfast was a joke then after the weekend of hell a week later they took money out of my bank unautharised which i eventually got back after many complaints. THIS PLACE SHOULD BE KNOCKED DOWN

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank angelsxi
Reviewed 5 August 2010

Chose this hotel for the location..10-15min walk from Victoria train station but £350 for 4 nights was a total waste of money & not worth it at all. Room was dark & very basic, (sheets were clean though), some sockets did not work & ceiling fan did not work. Our room was right next to fire exit which people went out of to smoke & left off latch which meant it banged through the night. Down very steep narrow stairs, not ideal for elderly, children or anyone carrying luggage for that matter. The continental buffet breakfast was cornflakes or weetabix, apple or orange juice with a croissant & toast, tea or coffee planted in front of you!! Bathroom?? what bathroom?! U cannot slip & fall coming out of shower as the basin & toilet would save your fall! It's so small you have to carefully reverse out & get dried & changed by the bed if you don't actually fall over the bed in the process. The biggest negative point of this hotel was that the room & dining room were "crawling" with ants!! They were even in the kettle in the morning when we went to make a cup of tea!
Def would not book this hotel again...very expensive for what you are getting.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank visitor1Scotland
Reviewed 15 July 2010

First the room looks ok. Then we slept. The worst night we ever had is to wake up at 3am &found lots of bed bugs under my pillow, the blankets and the whole bed!They are in all sort of sizes, crawling creepyly and worst of all, everyone that you squeeze, the blood just squirt out. Can you imagine the whole bed in white bed sheet w red blood spots all over. Me and my friend stayed up whole night cant wait to get out of the place. The toilet is dirty and mouldy, lights not working and lock is damaged. How to bathe? The night before we came back around 9pm and there was a drunken man greeted us at the reception. Remember, the room we stayed is 39. Stairways is narrow and steep. Dont expect to carry luggage up the stairs even on 3rd storey. This is a nightmare hotel. Even for £50 is not worth it. Need to send in a complaint to the tourist board about this hotel. Altho it is suppose to be near victoria, still have to walk at least 25 to 30 mins ! TERRIBLE hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank BudgetSGTraveller
Reviewed 5 June 2010

well what can i say came with my familly for my uncles wedding and i woke up in the middle of the night with bites all ova my body got out of bed to find these bugs in the bed they were big it was dirty and toilet didnt flush and toilet was tooo small service was well disgracefull never coming bk !!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family