Colliers Hotel
US$258
US$191
Priceline
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I have rated this as 1 star because there's no option of -5 stars.
It was a horrific experience and I can't believe that in central London, hotels like this one exist.
I have stayed in many hotels over the years, good ones and bad ones. This one makes the bad one look like the Ritz, it's just horrific. Staff very rude, rooms dirty, moldy, no shower in the room, wires hanging out of the wall, no toilet in the room, the bathroom with shower (7 rooms to share) was disgusting and didn't want to touch anything in there.
I urge you not to book a room here, it is a waste of money. It might seem cheap, but the experience is scaring.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Val B
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We arrived at the hotel with low expectations, knowing not to expect a great deal for our fifty pounds for one night. But nothing could have prepared us for what followed. We entered the reception to be told our reservation had been cancelled due to non payment, even though we had been told to pay on arrival. We were then moved to a room in a hotel two houses down the street that was in the basement. With a shared bathroom, filthy stained sheets, cracked walls, filthy dated toilet facilities with pubic hairs on the floor and dangerously narrow cluttered hallways. NOT the standard twin with private bathroom we had booked and for an extra fifteen pounds!! The room was so small that the two single beds had been pushed together rendering the room a double anyway. The gentlemen that informed us of all of this on reception (in The Colliers Hotel) was rude, unhelpful and abrupt. We asked to speak to the manager on several occassions and was told he was not there. The staff in this new hotel, (called Lime Grove) however, despite the disgusting conditions, were very helpful and friendly, but couldnt even get our breakfast order of tea and toast right when coffee was delivered in the morning. Overall this was a very unpleasant experience and I would strongly advise that anybody considering booking with either of the two hotels mentioned above reconsider. Unless you happen to like appauling service and terrible standards of cleanliness.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank reedbecks89
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Do not say here. It is dirty, people that work here are rude, the water of the shower is changing temperatures resulting in burning of the skin. I heard in the reception a customer complained of being robbed. The sheets of the beds look like they don't actually change them, Please don't stay here, do yourself this favor!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank marcosmorffe_12
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I have traveled a lot in my life, more than 20 countries and 85 cities, I always stay in hotels that range from 2-3 starts to 4 and I have been very lucky until now.

Problems with this place:

When I arrive, they said they didn't charge my card and they said that that room was already taken, so I ended up paying more money for another room. Scam!!!

When we went to see the room we noticed the sheets and then when the room was ready it turned out, the sheets were the same as previous customers. They didn't change the sheets after the other customers left.

The window of the room which was located on the basement floor which led outside through stairs was no possible to close. The window could be opened by anyone.

The water of the shower came out warm but all of the sudden it would come out hot and burn you, the temperature of the water was not steady.

Customer service was awful, the were rude and acted as they didn't care about their jobs or the hotel itself, it made us feel they hated to be there.

I really recommend that YOU DO NOT SAY IN THIS PLACE.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Euclides M
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I only ended up here because I asked my friend to book and agreed to go with whatever she selected. Of course budget is important but I read reviews and would not have gone here. I don't know what other hotels there are in this price range but sometimes a few more $$ are worth it. Awful, unpleasant, depressing. Upon arrival at 2.30pm we were advised that no twin rooms were available, only double, or we could pay more for a family room. Bait and switch. Granted, twin is only a request on booking.com but really, so early in the day in mid November? My opinion, they saw two 40 something females and thought we would be an easier sell. Share a bed or pay £20 more for a small windowless basement room. And pay £2.50 a day for internet. If refund was a possibility I would have walked. We took the family room with double and two twins and small cruise ship type bathroom, with mold. Unpleasant reception, take it or leave it, ignored every time we entered or left the hotel.. We got over it and had a great visit but I would not repeat nor do I recommend it to anyone else.
Positives. Good location, clean bed. But just don't.

Room Tip: Don't .
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends