“Dirty hotel and racist staff”
Review of Colliers Hotel

Colliers Hotel
Ranked #979 of 1,068 Hotels in London
“Dirty hotel and racist staff”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

On arrival to the hotel me and my partner who is of Asian decent was met by staff who were also of Asian decent with racist comments as we checked in as I am Chinese. They spoke in their mother tongue which my partner who speaks 5 languages understood every word. The staff muttered these racist comments as we made payment, so we were stuck with the room for 2 nights.

On arrival to our Room, it was tiny and filthy and stank of cigarette smoke. The window was wide open and there were cigarette butts on the window ledge. There was also no latch on the window so the person from the neighbouring room could easily gain access.
We were unable to get a room elsewhere but cut our losses and booked another room in a another hotel.

Shower room was filthy and the shower went scalding hot and cold.
Rooms are nothing like advertised.
Basically i wish I read the reviews of colliers hotel before we booked. Seems that we have had a similar experience to what the majority of guests have had.
I'm not sure if there some kind hotel board, I plan to find out and put through an official complaint.

5 Thank Leechelam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
newquay
Reviewed 8 February 2014

upon our arrival we were informed that our room had been cancelled without any kind of notification. we had no choice but to take their only available room (which cost 15 quid more and had a shared bathroom, id booked en suite) after a hellish coach journey we didnt want to wander around london hoping to find a place to stay. the ogre on the reception was incredibly rude and arrogant, when i asked why no one called me he shrugged.
when we eventually got to the 'twin' room we discovered it to be so small that the 2 single beds were pushed right up against each other so we essentially had a large double. the sheets were filthy, stained and had pubic hair on. the shared bathroom was a discrace with missing grouting, dirty floor and wall tiling, pubic hair everywhere and mould. needless to say we spent as much time out if here as possible. despite asking for the manager he was conveniently never there and i still await responces from 2 emails.
my advice to you is dont stay here, you may catch a disease from the unsanitary conditions, and the staff could not care less

5 Thank kirstylynch
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I have rated this as 1 star because there's no option of -5 stars.
It was a horrific experience and I can't believe that in central London, hotels like this one exist.
I have stayed in many hotels over the years, good ones and bad ones. This one makes the bad one look like the Ritz, it's just horrific. Staff very rude, rooms dirty, moldy, no shower in the room, wires hanging out of the wall, no toilet in the room, the bathroom with shower (7 rooms to share) was disgusting and didn't want to touch anything in there.
I urge you not to book a room here, it is a waste of money. It might seem cheap, but the experience is scaring.

3 Thank Val B
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We arrived at the hotel with low expectations, knowing not to expect a great deal for our fifty pounds for one night. But nothing could have prepared us for what followed. We entered the reception to be told our reservation had been cancelled due to non payment, even though we had been told to pay on arrival. We were then moved to a room in a hotel two houses down the street that was in the basement. With a shared bathroom, filthy stained sheets, cracked walls, filthy dated toilet facilities with pubic hairs on the floor and dangerously narrow cluttered hallways. NOT the standard twin with private bathroom we had booked and for an extra fifteen pounds!! The room was so small that the two single beds had been pushed together rendering the room a double anyway. The gentlemen that informed us of all of this on reception (in The Colliers Hotel) was rude, unhelpful and abrupt. We asked to speak to the manager on several occassions and was told he was not there. The staff in this new hotel, (called Lime Grove) however, despite the disgusting conditions, were very helpful and friendly, but couldnt even get our breakfast order of tea and toast right when coffee was delivered in the morning. Overall this was a very unpleasant experience and I would strongly advise that anybody considering booking with either of the two hotels mentioned above reconsider. Unless you happen to like appauling service and terrible standards of cleanliness.

1 Thank reedbecks89
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Do not say here. It is dirty, people that work here are rude, the water of the shower is changing temperatures resulting in burning of the skin. I heard in the reception a customer complained of being robbed. The sheets of the beds look like they don't actually change them, Please don't stay here, do yourself this favor!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank marcosmorffe_12
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I have traveled a lot in my life, more than 20 countries and 85 cities, I always stay in hotels that range from 2-3 starts to 4 and I have been very lucky until now.

Problems with this place:

When I arrive, they said they didn't charge my card and they said that that room was already taken, so I ended up paying more money for another room. Scam!!!

When we went to see the room we noticed the sheets and then when the room was ready it turned out, the sheets were the same as previous customers. They didn't change the sheets after the other customers left.

The window of the room which was located on the basement floor which led outside through stairs was no possible to close. The window could be opened by anyone.

The water of the shower came out warm but all of the sudden it would come out hot and burn you, the temperature of the water was not steady.

Customer service was awful, the were rude and acted as they didn't care about their jobs or the hotel itself, it made us feel they hated to be there.

I really recommend that YOU DO NOT SAY IN THIS PLACE.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Euclides M
NC
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I only ended up here because I asked my friend to book and agreed to go with whatever she selected. Of course budget is important but I read reviews and would not have gone here. I don't know what other hotels there are in this price range but sometimes a few more $$ are worth it. Awful, unpleasant, depressing. Upon arrival at 2.30pm we were advised that no twin rooms were available, only double, or we could pay more for a family room. Bait and switch. Granted, twin is only a request on booking.com but really, so early in the day in mid November? My opinion, they saw two 40 something females and thought we would be an easier sell. Share a bed or pay £20 more for a small windowless basement room. And pay £2.50 a day for internet. If refund was a possibility I would have walked. We took the family room with double and two twins and small cruise ship type bathroom, with mold. Unpleasant reception, take it or leave it, ignored every time we entered or left the hotel.. We got over it and had a great visit but I would not repeat nor do I recommend it to anyone else.
Positives. Good location, clean bed. But just don't.

Room Tip: Don't .