“Good value”

Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf
Ranked #342 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed here when going to the O2 which is a short cab ride away, it was a late booking so not much choice around the area, I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the appearance of the reception & bar area, the room was spotless and the bed gave a great nights sleep....all in all a great place to stay if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Weller_Fan
ibisLondonDockland, Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your very nice comments and for giving us this great rating, following your stay at our property.

This is very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Docklands Canary Wharf for any of your future trips to London.

Kindest regards,

Shamsudeen Seinulabdeen
Assistant Manager
Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I booked a room for a two night stay during new year's eve and despite the relatively low price and the two star category this hotel fills the bill extremely well. First of all the reception and bar\restaurant are lovely looking, the staff were very friendly, helpful and responded immediately when I had a problem with my room's window.
The room I stayed in was very nicely designed, modern looking and very very clean, the bed was comfortable and it was relatively quiet during the night. Tea and coffee making facilities were also provided and the room was being cleaned daily. In the room there was also a flat tv with internet access but i didn't bothered because of the free wifi so I can't comment on the quality of tv services provided.
Would I recommend this hotel ? Absolutely

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ibisLondonDockland, General Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I was attending a trade show at the Excel Centre in London in early November and booked the Ibis London Docklands. While this is a no frills 2 star property, the bed was comfortable and there is also a restaurant on premises. Its proximity to the Excel Centre is just a few stops on the DLR.

The staff was friendly and excellent. I had accidentally left my laptop in the room and arrangements were made to ship it back to me. I finally received it and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty to assist me.

If you are looking for a Five Star full service hotel, you probably should be looking elsewhere. If you are looking for a comfortable bed, friendly staff, something to eat (let alone the grocery stores nearby), you won't go wrong with this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ibisLondonDockland, General Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed feedback.

I was extremely pleased to read the summary of your comment in such words of praise. We genuinely put a lot into exceeding our guests expectations and I am truly glad to hear that we have achieved our aim with you.

Thank you for recommending us so well.

We look forward to your next stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Did exactly what you would expect from a chain hotel. Everything was nice and clean and their was plenty of coffee and tea making facilities. The bathroom was sparkly clean and the shower was lovely. On our arrival and on the second day of our stay the room was nicely cleaned. The only fault I had with the room was the bed sheets. Although they were crisp and clean they did have a hole in about the size of a 10p, which I though was a bit odd. The staff were friendly enough as well and happy to help. The only problem I had with the hotel was the luggage room. The hotel did have a luggage room but they charge £2 per item. I have stayed in many hotels and have never had to pay for the luggage room before, I just feel that a luggage room should be given as a perk for staying in their hotel. Otherwise this was a very good stay and the hotel is a short hop into the centre London on the DLR.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I have taken note of your comments about the bed sheets and I can assure you that we are looking into the issue in order to prevent future occurence.

Please feel free to contact me directly on sylvie.gallon@accor.com if you need any assistance.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 24 December 2013

rarely does a hotel so disappoint. I stay in many and there is often a redeeming feature - like great service.

Here the rooms are tatty. The all in one plastic bathroom smells moldy. The floor was constantly wet.

The breakfast was to die from - not for. The sausages and been cooked beyond life. The eggs desiccated, the baked beans gloopy from sitting and the table greasy smeared.

The staff spoke English, but not well enough to be helpful with directions - so I took a cab - which they did arrange.

The next trip I stayed further out and took the Jubilee tube into Canary wharf. A little longer but - so much better.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

If you wish to contact me on my direct email sylvie.gallon@accor.com

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ibisLondonDockland, General Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013