“A good hotel”

Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf
Ranked #381 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Daventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Good location
Good looking breakfast
Poor selection on evening menu
Basic facilities in the room
Bad experience in parking due road closure took me about 30 min driving to find the carpark
Not a lot for almost £200 per nigh (paid by the company):)

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Paul819
ibisLondonDockland, General Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review and you comment which I take on board. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf and I hope to see you on your next trip.

Bourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

First off, work on Cross Rail has closed the access to the hotel car park and I don't think it will be open until at least July/Aug 2014. Once in Baffin Way and stuck at the barrier look back over your shoulder and there are diversion signs that take you around to the back of the hotel and the car park from an alternative entrance. I didn't see that but did have a gentleman from the hotel walk from reception to my car and escorted me through the diversion and to the car park. Great Service.

All staff I dealt with were helpful, polite and quick. I ate in the hotel restaurant twice as there is nothing else close to the hotel although you could walk 15 minutes into Canary Wharf and find a Jamie's Italian. Food though was freshly cooked and delicious, also good value.
Wifi strength was good throughout, you do need to register but that's easy and it was free.
Rooms are pretty basic and these days struggle to compete with a Premier Inn. There was air con and a great bed but only 6 TV channels, the small pod like shower room smelt. Overall not great value as I paid nearly £300 for two nights room only.
I would stay again if I needed to be in the area but not at that price. Anything above £120 a night to stay here I consider to be ripping me off.

Room Tip: Look for diversion to car park
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TerryandJane
Dear guest,

Thank you for very much for taking time to comment your experience and giving the score of 4 stars.

I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay and I will certainly pass on your comments to my team. I know that they will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated and remembered.

It has been a great pleasure looking after you and we will be pleased to welcome you back for your next trip to London,

Yours sincerely,
Gorizia, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

i stayed at Ibis Docklands Canary Wharf for 3 nights. The hotel looks very good, and the room was very clean. The staff was always friendly and ready to help and to provide an excellent device to guests.there is 24h menu, so at anytime you can have something good to eat. The location of the hotel is perfect, very close to DLR Blackwall station and to Excel exhibition center and O2 arena. The breakfast every morning was perfect. A very nice holiday! it was a pleasure to stay there!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Feffe23
Dear guest,

I am very thankful for this kind review and for giving us the maximum score of 5 stars following your stay at the Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf.

I am pleased that you had such a great time with us. I am particularly satisfied to see that our team made all the difference by being so brilliant.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our property for your future trip to London.

Tonbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went with 2 dogs and they kindly gave us a ground floor room. Friendly staff. Comfortable and clean bedroom and bathroom. Convenient for O2 arena

A bit of a nightmare trying to find the car park whilst the building work for Cross Rail is in progress - better/bigger signage would be appreciated.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts.

I have taken note of your comments about our evening menu.

With regard to the refurbishment work being carried out outside, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience this caused to you.

Thank you once again for your feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to assess and continually improve upon the quality of our service.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ibis and better meeting your expectations in the future.

Best regards

Kingswood, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just a 5 minute walk from Canary Wharf, and 1 tube stop from the O2 Arena by tube. this hotel is brilliantly located. rooms are clean, modular and comfortable.

The bar is open until late, if there is a fault its that they have on many occasions given my room away thinking I wasnt coming, even though I had paid in full.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
I have taken note of your comments.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stay here regularly for Canary Wharf stopovers. Great walking distance to offices. Staff friendly. Rooms a prefab/modular, but ok. Beds /pillows very comfortable. Towels awful - like napkins. Bathrooms are OK, but sometimes smell (drains) and shower often fills. Breakfast OK and bar OK. Location makes it - and for stopover is perfect. Recommend The Gun pub and restaurant, close by for evening meal/drink.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ibisLondonDockland, General Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts, I was pleased to hear that you that our staff made again all the difference.

I have taken note of your comments about towels and drains and I can assure you that we are looking into the issue in order to prevent future occurence.

Please feel free to contact me directly on sylvie.gallon@accor.com if you need any assistance.

We hope to see you again soon.