“An ideal base with excellent staff”

Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
Ranked #434 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 January 2013

This was not our first stay at this hotel and we still rate it as excellent. The staff are so welcoming and you feel nothing would be too much trouble for them. Anthony on Reception was really lovely. Our room was very good and spotlessly clean. Although it looked out on the street, it was very quiet. Lovely toiletries and a nespresso machine with a great choice of coffee. Sabine(allocating tables in the restaurant for breakfast) was charming. The breakfast selection was amazing and it was topped up all the time so even guests who came in last minute had a full range on offer. I have never seen such a good selection - even a real honeycomb. Fantastic and set you up for the day.
Reading other reviews, I see a re-furbishment is on the cards which will make an excellent hotel even better.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review regarding your recent stay with us.

I couldn’t be happier to hear that you were satisfied with your stay. Our staff is indeed one of our assets and with our Yes I Can-attitude we certainly always do our best to serve our guests. I am sure Anthony and Sabina will be flattered by your kind comments and the feedback will be a great motivation for the whole team. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our quiet rooms and the amenities in the rooms. The Super Breakfast is indeed a perfect start for a day and I glad to see that you were pleased with the vast variety of choices at the Super Breakfast.
I am pleased to confirm that we are on a stage of planning for a refurbishment that we hope to see materializing in the near future.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you also the next time your travels bring you back to London.

laura.johansson@radissonblu.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,539)

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I stayed for five nights at the Radisson Blu Portman in March 2012. The room was clean, quiet and spacious. The location, just off Oxford Street, was extremely convenient for shopping, dining, pubs and public transport. Breakfast was of a very high quality every day.

I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your kind compliments regarding our indeed spacious and quiet rooms. The location is certainly perfect and I am glad to hear you enjoyed the vast variety of shops in Oxford Street. I am delighted to hear that you were also pleased with our indeed very high quality Super Breakfast – what a great start for a busy day.

I hope to welcome you back to Radisson Blu Portman Hotel soon again.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Any questions please email me louisemhulme@yahoo.co.uk

My partner booked this hotel as new years eve suprise for me. The hotel is fantastic, large recepion area, helpful, friendly and quick staff. Our room was a nice size we was on the 10th floor as my partner had booked business class as he is a Club Carlson member, we had robes and slippers included in the price as well a fantastic buffet breakfast.

The hotel is very near big attractions Oxford Street, M&S, Selfridges, Bond Street and Marble Arch tube stations.

All in all I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our 10th floor room had amazing views across London.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing the review regarding your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your praises especially regarding our helpful and friendly staff. We take great pride in our staff and I am pleased to pass your kind and highly motivating comments to them.
The hotel is indeed very centrally located and the attraction such as Marble Arch and Oxford Street are just a short stroll away. I couldn’t be happier to hear that we were able to make this special occasion even more memorable.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you soon again.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

When in London I love to stay at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel. Convenient located just a few hundred meters from the pulsing Oxfords street with all the shops and warehouses, but also near Marylebone where you will find nice cafés and small specialised shops.
The crew at Radisson is always doing a great job in making Your stay a pleasant one – please don’t skip the morning buffet it’s great ☺

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank NicolaiMarkmann
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to write the review regarding your stay with us.

Thank you for your glowing review regarding your recent stay. I couldn’t be happier to hear that we are your chose whenever travelling to London. Thank you for your very kind compliments regarding our super Breakfast Buffet and our indeed central location near both Oxford St. and the beautiful Marylebone area. It is our utmost pleasure to make you feel welcomed and be a home away from home for you.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon again.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

As an ex Londoner location is all important and this doesnt get any better. Walking distance to major attractions, like M&S, Selfridges, Oxford Street, Bond Street etc. Also on bus route and close to two tube stations.
Hotel is excellent, rooms are first rate, staff just fine and their breakfast, if you have booked and paid to include breakfast will set you up for the day. It offers everything. The sitting area is most comfortable and if you have business meetings, its a perfect location and ambience.

Room Tip: We booked and saw 3 different rooms and all good

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing the great review regarding your recent stay with us.

Thank you for you kind comments regarding our rooms, attentive staff and the Super Breakfast Buffet. The variety in the Super Breakfast Buffet is absolutely amazing and the breakfast indeed sets you up for the busy day ahead. We appreciate also you compliments regarding our Lobby. I would highly recommend it for meeting business associates over a cup of coffee in a relaxed environment.

I wish to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Hotell is a bit rundown.
Staff is very helpful and always joyfull, inspite of some nasty guest. :)
We had some problems with the room, it was immidiatly changed.
Keep up the good work..
Hotel managment must see over repairations.

Room Tip: Nice hotel in city center with wonderful staff. Managment questionable :) Breakfast pretty good . N...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that we were able to make you feel welcomed and appreciated. We do take great pride in our always helpful and attentive staff and your comments are much appreciated. Allow me to extend my apologies regarding the issues in your first room and I am glad to see that our staff was swift to provide you an alternative room and remedy the concerns.

I am happy to confirm that we are in a stage of planning for a refurbishment that we hope to see to materialize in 2013.

We hope to have the pleasure to host you soon again when your travels bring you back to London.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

YOU MUST STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!
Along with the standard box ticking which you come to expect from Radisson hotels, the customer service I received was second to none. Everyone at the hotel went to extreme efforts to make our stay as special as possible and I can't thank all of the staff enough for their hard work.

Customer Relations - Outstanding – Both Laura and Stefanie went out of their way to ensure they made our stay as special as possible. Laura even took the effort to go to our room herself just before we arrived to ensure everything was set out perfectly. This included going to the trouble of delicately creating a heart shape on the bed out of rose petals, along with perfectly presenting the chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in the living room to surprise my then girlfriend with as we entered the room. They also went to the trouble of briefing all staff on reception to ensure they knew what to do when we arrived (i.e. tell us our room was not ready so to save the surprise for later in the day). They also provided advice on my plans and provided feedback based on their knowledge of London and their all-important female opinion.

Concierge - Excellent - Lawrence was able to obtain quotes very quickly for a car which was needed for the evening. He was also able to advise on what he felt was the best value for money and he made an excellent choice. He also made the effort to ask how the evening went when I saw him on the following morning.

Management - Extremely diligent – Geeta made the effort to come down to reception to see us as we were checking out to see how everything went and obtain feedback on the team.

While I appreciate that I have slightly rose tinted glasses given the nature of my stay, hopefully you will also note sufficient objective reasons above for you to go ahead and book with this hotel. The customer service is truly exceptional and I'll be sure to stay here at any future visits to London for both business and pleasure, along with advising my friends and colleagues to do the same.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Dear Guests,

We couldn’t thank your enough for your delightful and heartwarming review regarding your recent stay with us.

It was our utmost pleasure to be part of this unique occasion and make it even more special for you. We love to surprise and delight our guest and this was the perfect opportunity as we had the pleasure of hosting you in this celebratory day. Yes I can- attitude is the heart of Radisson Blu Hotels and this is a great example of the whole team coming together to create this unforgettable evening for you. Your praises and thanks are definitely a great motivation for the entire team.

We hope to be a special place for you two in the future as well and we couldn’t be happier to host you when ever your travels bring you back to London.

On behalf of the whole team here in Radisson Blu Portman Hotel we wish you a life time of happiness together and all the best for the future.