“Reliable and convenient”

GreenLeadersGold level
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Reliable and convenient”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My regular base in London when I visit. I like the convenient location, the fact that staff recognize and remember you and the quality of the buffet breakfast is very good. The rooms are comfortable, and the business class rooms suit me just fine. The spacious lounge lobby is very convenient for a business meeting and a cup of tea. I shall be back soon

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Coordinator at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for writing a review.

I am very happy to hear we are your “regular base” in London and you find our location convenient for your business. Thank you for your lovely comments about the staff and I am glad to hear we make you feel welcome and recognized each time you stay with us. We are always particularly delighted to see our regular guests coming back, as we try to be their home away from home and it is very rewarding to hear we succeed. When it comes to our lobby, I have to agree it is a great place to hold business meeting, spacious and yet quiet the same time.

I am glad to hear you will be back soon and I am hoping to welcome you myself, until then please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Justyna.kozuchowska@radissonblu.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, Sussex
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed here and held a meeting here for 25 people The service across the board far exceeded my expectations for a London hotel ! I met with the Conference and Events manager ahead of time and everything we discussed was remembered during the event. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food was amazing ! I would thoroughly recommend it

Dear Guest,

What a lovely review! Thank you very much for taking the time to write it.

It is great to hear the opinion on our meeting facilities and I am especially pleased to see we met and exceeded your expectations! I shall ensure your flattering comments about food are forwarded to our Chefs and your nice words about staff are passed on to the team.

We are looking forward to hosting anther successful event for your company soon. By the way, did you know that if you book a meeting or event at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London before 30 April 2014 and hold it before the end of the year, you receive our Platinum DDR package for the price of our Silver DDR package? Might be worth considering.

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We were to person's, we got an amazing service from the lady at reception her name (Velentina). she was very helpful. Breakfast was very good , the bed was very comfortable, The room was very clean . Get room 254 , check out 09.02.2014 we are coming back :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Coordinator at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Taha,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel and I am very pleased to see you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you very much for your kind words about Valentina. She is indeed one of our superstars and we are very lucky to have her in our team. Please rest assured your feedback has been shared with her accordingly and she was very happy to hear such nice words!

I am also very appreciative of your comments about the breakfast. I have to say it is a “must have” and excellent start off to your day.

Moreover, I couldn’t be happier to hear you will be coming back. I and the team are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon. Until then, if there in anything I can help you with, please feel free to contact me.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Good hotel, staff are friendly although they had to keep asking the back office for the rate BUT, they were friendly, polite and professional at all times. Bar staff were good although a bit of attention on their part would be ideal. Rooms are spacious, clean, nicely decorated and very comfortable. I would advise not to take a twin room if you are single as the beds keep moving apart.

Dear Imran D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

I was delighted to see that you have enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel. I would like to thank you for your kind comment about the staff. It was with a great pleasure to hear that the team at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel is professional, but yet still friendly and polite. Such words are always appreciated.

I, however, regret to hear you were not completely satisfied with the bed type in your room, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. If you wish to come back to us, I will be happy to personally look after your booking and make sure that right type of bed is allocated.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Standard rooms are small with loud air/heating, limited electrical outlets and almost no room to maneuver around the room. My suitcase took up too much space to put in the small armoire and for most of my trip there was loud drilling and hammering noises during the day. Was extremely tired of the place by the time my business week was over and I won't return. Food in the restaurant was marginal and usually not very hot.

Room Tip: I think higher levels are better, but also ask for an upgrade room for more space.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Portman.

I regret to read that we did not meet your expectiations this time.

We have a wide range of different room types that vary in size and decor which would give you a bit more space and comfort.

I can assure you that I have passed your comment about the food to our Head Chef to follow up.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you with any future bookings.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

The entire floor I was on seemed to lack any heating whatsoever. My room was a freezing 16 degrees or less and the heater refused to make any difference. Since it was very late at night, I decided to sleep with clothes on. In the morning I found a dirty coffee cup and that the tub wouldn't handle wouldn't operate to empty the waste water. So at check-out I was rather unhappy about the whole place. It felt rather ironic to be met with a long tirade of "we are so sorry", mixed with "we might have a problem with the heating right now" (which implies this was known when I arrived...), but not a single sign of wanting to compensate me for my bad experience. I guess the slogan in the key card "100% satisfaction or you don't pay" is very, very hollow. Dear hotel: I would have been happy with just a complimentary beer on the next stay. So long.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Guest

I am very disappointed to read that we didn’t make your stay 100% satisfactory on this occasion.

I may assure you we take guest’s feedback very serious and I have passed your comments to our Head Housekeeper in regards to the dirty cup in your room and to our Chief engineer in regards to the problem with the tub and the heating. I will personally follow up on how my colleague handled the situation during your check out when provided with your feedback.

If you will consider staying with us again, please contact me directly so we can make it right for you on your next stay.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Had a city break with my mum at this hotel and we are both very pleased with it. Enjoyed every aspect of it, the staff is super helpful, breakfasts are simply delicious, all food is fresh and is of excellent quality. The location is perfect for pretty much everything taking into account the mere size of the city centre. Madame Tussauds was literally round the corner and Bond Street and Piccadilly are just a pleasant stroll away. The only slight criticism is that the bath tub and shower were dated and it would be nice to bring them to the high standard of the rest of the hotel. All in all, we do recommend Radisson Blu London.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

What a nice comment and such a positive feedback about our service, food and the location. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read that our bathroom facilities didn't meet with your expectations. On that note, I am happy to inform you that we are currently doing a soft refurbishment in our standard and superior rooms, this includes the bathroom floor tiles and new shower and bath fittings.

If you are planning to stay with us again, please let me know so I could allocate one of our latest refurbished bedrooms.