“Improvements”

Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
Ranked #451 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Please improve your food quality very basic very hard garlic bread, soup was ok very normal fish n chips i paid £17.50 for my meal my fish n chips, i can bet it i will get more good fish and chips in a pub, Curry was very cheap rice were hard. Pasta was too greasy

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
RadissonBluPortman, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am sorry to read that on this occasion we didn’t meet your expectations in regards to the quality of the food. I assure you I have passed your comments to our Head Chef who has confirmed that we will have a new menu implemented very soon.

Without constructive feedback, we wouldn’t be able to monitor the quality of our services and improve whenever we are not able to exceed our guest satisfaction.

If your travel plans bring you back to us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We spent a night stay at the Radissonblu Portmant on March 2014.We booked through the Reservation team, which were very friendly and helpful. The check In was quick and the lady in reception was very friendly giving us advise and directions to get to our meeting place. We were upgrate to business. It was a very good experience and we definitety repeat our stay.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
1  Thank Angeles R

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review of your experience with us.

I am very pleased to read such good feedback about the employees and how satisfied you were with the service received. I have passed your kind comments to all the relevant departments.

I am also happy to read that you enjoyed the upgrade to the business room and that your overall experience was very positive.

I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back to us very soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just came from a weekend at the Raddison, and can recommend if you're not into fancy hotels. We booked a business room, for 3, and I'm glad to say that my daughter didn't come. The triple room, is actually a double room where they "fit / squish " a 3rd bed, one of those that you sleep asking yourself how you'll be in the morning. The room is small. No space for two pieces of luggage ! Internet HAS TO BE BETTER...it's a BUSINESS ROOM !!! Good thing is that we had free breakfast in our room, and it was excellent. The bathroom and room are clean.
Location is good.

Room Tip: Make sure that a triple room HAS space for 3 beds, otherwise book two rooms. I don't think they...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
RadissonBluPortman, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I am sorry to read the room size didn’t meet your expectations on this occasion. I am saddened we were not aware of this issue before as we have a range of different room types and options to accommodate family requests.

In regard to the problem with the internet, I am disappointed to read it was not up to the standards during your stay. I have passed your comments to our IT manager who will look into this matter. We take guest’s feedback very serious as without constructive feedback, we wouldn’t be able to monitor or rectify any issues.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed a nice breakfast in your room and you were satisfied with the cleanliness throughout your stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you will consider to stay with us again. I will be more than happy to manage your booking personally.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed 2 nts at this hotel fri 7th and sun 8th. We checked in quickly and went straight to our room. We had payed extra to upgrade to business class and were disappointed with our room on the 5th floor as it wasn't as expected. We rang down to reception and were immediately offered a change of room. One of the reception girls came to show us a different room on the 6th floor and was lovely. We said we were happy with the room and she said she was happy that we were happy!! The room overlooked the front of the hotel so it was nice to have a bit of a view. The room was comfortable and clean. It was my husbands birthday on the Saturday and his birthday cards were up on the table. When we got in Saturday night there was a big fat slab of yummy chocolate cake left for him and it said happy birthday in chocolate writing. So thankyou who ever organised this. It was a lovely surprise.
The hotel is just 5 minutes walk from oxford street and 10 minutes walk the other was to madam tussauds. It was 20 minutes in a taxi to Shaftesbury avenue where we were seeing a show. The staff are all lovely from the door man to the maids. Breakfast is a must, we like cruising and I would say the breakfast is easily on par with a 5 star cruise ship!! The orange juice machine kept jamming while we were there but they soon fixed it!! I ate far too much because it was so lovely. Overall had a great stay here and would recommend it.

Dear Guest

I really appreciate you took the time to share your experience with us.

I am delighted to read that we contributed to such a memorable stay for you and your husband.

I am sorry to hear the first room didn’t meet your expectations but I am very pleased to read that the team was able to find the right room for this special occasion; we have indeed a range of different room sizes and categories which is an advantage as we can find the right room depending on the occasion.

I am very happy to read about my colleague’s reaction when you confirmed the second room was to your liking. We take guest satisfaction very serious and we take pride every time we deliver a great service.

I am really looking forward to welcoming you back if there is the plan to celebrate your birthday or any other occasion that might bring you back to London.

Warm regards

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This hotel has a contemporary look and feel and is located 5 minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Oxford street and park lane but is quiet and easy to reach. The rooms were very clean and in excellent order, all you need for a base

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review of your last visit.

It is very nice to read such a positive comment regarding the location of the hotel. I agree we are indeed located in a very convenient area when it comes to transportation and shopping.

I am also pleased to see that you were satisfied with the standard of the room.

I hope you will consider us again if your plans bring you back to London, we will be looking forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

I use this hotel when I am down visiting family. It is so central to everything I need. The staff are always excellent. Free wifi is an added bonus. Not the cheapest but relative value for money.
I often am a single female traveller and feel very comfortable here

Stayed: March 2014

Dear Melissa

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience about recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to read how we make you feel comfortable on every occasion you stay with us. It is very nice to hear you choose the Radisson Blu Portman hotel when visiting your family.

I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back to us again.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Spent 4 days at the Radissonblu Portman Hotel, verry friendly staff especially in the restaurant. Room was clean and well furnished. Hotel could look nicer from the outside but fantastic location!!
I recommand this hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Martin

Thank you so much for your nice review.

I am glad to read your overall stay was so positive; location, employees, cleanliness….
Thanks to your feedback, we can monitor how to maintain or exceed the service we offer to our guests.

I hope you will consider us again if your plans bring you back to London.

Warm regards