“family trip”

GreenLeadersGold level
Sofia, Bulgaria
“family trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

The rooms are too small,also bathroom and room needs renovation.The staff was friendly and experienced,helped us with usefull information.The location is perfect,close to everything.The Wi-Fi in room is O.K,and is a advantage for choosing the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RadissonBluPortman, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review regarding your stay.

Lovely to read your very kind comments about the staff, I would like to thank you very much for that. I am glad to see that you found our location perfect for your stay in London.

I was saddened to note that there were some aspects of your bedroom that did not meet your expectations and I would like to apologize for any discomfort this may have caused you during your stay.

I do hope you will come back to the Hotel in future and it will be my pleasure to take care of your booking personally in order to accommodate your needs. Should you require anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

daniela.lehner@radissonblu.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a fantastic location for all Central London events. We were visiting the Royal Academy which was within walking distance as were Oxford Street, Hyde Park and everywhere we went only a short taxi ride. The hotel terasse was a real bonus as we met up there for drinks & sun shining - so good we had a light lunch on Sunday too. Great breakfast

Dear Guest

I could not ask for more when reading your amazing review! Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to see that you found our location perfect for your stay in London; I also appreciate your comments about the breakfast and lunch, and I shall ensure your feedback is forwarded to the Chefs and Food and Beverage Manager.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future. Until then, please do not hesitate to contact me in case I can be of any further assistance.

angeles City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights on business. It has good and bad points but it is mainly the bad points that one remembers. Location is very good and price is in line with similar hotels in the area. Standard room is very small but is well equipped. First problem is the keycard use in the lift. Mine did not operate the lift immediately and the lift would go off somewhere else making me look stupid. This was very annoying. Next room was clean but I couldn't open the safe. It turned out that the previous occupant had left their passport in there and security had to retrieve it later. This says something about the preparation of the room ! That was not the end of the safe saga. It stopped working and eventually was replaced the following day. Not very good. The free internet is welcome but this went down on the second night and stayed out on my side of the building till about 9am next morning. Then there is the annoying TV system. It kept rebooting itself and going off completely or going to the annoying Radisson Blu propaganda movie. This happened just when I was watching something interesting. The maintenance guy told me this is a problem with the receiver box and it needed replacing. However it was not replaced during my stay. The electrical outlets are all the UK standard 3 pin variety requiring an adapter for anything else. As a lot of guests are from overseas it would make sense that outlets with omni adapters built in be installed rather than what is there. However on the positive side there are USB charging points. There was a delay in getting an adapter as there were initially none available.
On the positive side, the breakfast was excellent. Although overall I do not think I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Eagle999
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Although you were pleased with our prime location in Central London, I am displeased about your unsatisfactory stay.

I sincerely do apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the several issues. Your comments have been passed to the relevant Head of Departments to follow up.
I can assure you that this is certainly not a reflection of our usual high standards in all areas.

Although this stay did not meet your expectations, I would certainly hope you will allow us another opportunity to make it better for you on your next visit to London.

Leatherhead, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Pokey room. Booked twin got double for me and daughter to share. WiFi awful. Breakfast buffet hot food ensdible. Went elsewhere to eat and room service food a poor selection after 10.30pm and again not good. Will not be back! :

2 Thank J. P
RadissonBluPortman, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with feedback regarding your visit. I am very disappointed to learn that due to issues with the bed type, the Internet connection and the food quality, this caused a negative impact on your overall stay.
I can assure you that this is not our usual standard of service and your comments have been addressed with the relevant departments.

I really hope that we can welcome you back at the Portman so you can experience our usually excellent service.

If I can be of any personal assistance in the meantime, please let me know.

Molde, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Rather small rooms. Excellent service, but problems with the housekeeping.
We arrived late in the evening - when entering the room we found that there hadn't been any housekeeping since the previous guest left. Back to the reception ad got a new room. On the second day, the housekeeping was not satisfying.
Except this: A good choice in central London. Only a few yards to Oxford Street

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonBluPortman, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to read that you were given a room that was not ready and that you had to go back to Reception to get another room, specially after a long day at work or travelling.

I am delighted to see that you liked our service and our location, we are indeed very centrally located.

I hope to welcome you back at the Portman. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist you with any future reservation.

+442072086000
Ramat Gan, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed a week at the end of May 2014 in this Hotel.
Service was very freindly and helpful.
Rich and tasty buffet breakefast.
Location is excellent.
Close to underground and to many london bus lines.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Portman.

I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you liked the breakfast, our friendly service and our location. We are indeed in the heart of London, perfect for shopping and within walking distance of the tube station.

Once again thank you very much for your kind feedback and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to London. In the meantime if there is anything I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

+442072086000
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I did have an upgrade which i was thankful for - it meant i had lots of nice facilities in a larger room. The hotel just seems a bit worn. Conference facilities were good. Staff - ok - although check out was laborious!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with a review of your recent stay.

It is good to know that as a conference attendee at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, the facilities were to your liking and the complimentary upgrade to a Business Class room with additional amenities and space meant that your stay was greater appreciated.

However, I would like to apologize that your check-out was the most disappointing factor of your stay and will look to share this feedback with our Front Office Manager to monitor this in depth and ensure that this feeling is not repeated.

I would hope you will allow us another opportunity to look after you when you are again in the area. If I can assist with any future reservations, please contact me with the e-mail listed below. I would be thrilled to see your next stay being of the standards that I would expect it to be.

Marc Garrett