“Excellent stay!”

Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
Ranked #450 of 1,075 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've stayed at the Radisson Blu Portman with my boyfriend for a weekend and I booked a double room in this hotel that I found very convenient for its location at the beginning. When I arrived, the checkin was fast and extremely pleasant, the lady at the desk was so nice, funny and attentive. She asked if we needed something more or special for our stay and we found this gesture really nice and greatly appreciated.
All the staff is amazing, it's a credit for the hotel.
The room was nice, it was a standard room but the size was more than what you usually find in London. Very clean and well kept.
At the checkout we were suggested to receive the invoice by email, which was extremely helpful as we were already in late for our flight. Little things make the difference in this place.
We will come back for sure and we will recommand this hotel to our friends and family!! Amazing experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sal19812014
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review which you have shared.

I am pleased to know that from when choosing to book at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel due to the location of the hotel, the satisifaction had already begun. When you arrived at the property, you both received an efficient, warm, welcoming arrival, as the team made you feel like the valued guest you are.

It is reassuring to know that the rooms were to your liking and upon your departure, the team were able to once again provide you with their kind assistance of a solution for when you were looking for a quick departure to ensure you made the flight home.

On behalf of the entire Radisson Blu Portman team, I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London. Please let me know if I can be of assistance ahead of your next stay.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

it's located 5 minutes walk from Oxford street :) the breakfast is fantastic, perfect conference rooms, good place for various corporate event. When I arrived there was a wedding party, so it should be nice for no-business occasions as well. Rooms are good. I had Nespresso coffee machine in my room and this was fantastic! I can not live without Nespresso coffee and it was a big advantage of staying in this hotel :) free wifi was also great!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Olga,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased that while attending a conference here within the hotel, we were able to host you in our guests rooms, providing a highly satisfactory stay. Our Meetings & Events team caters for both business and corporate events plus gatherings and wedding functions.

It is great to know that while you were not attending the conference, due to the proxmity of our location, it allowed you to go shopping on Oxford Street. The kind words which you have shared about the breakfast, wifi and the Nespresso machines which we have in our Business Class rooms and higher room categories are greatly appreciated.

I do hope that we can host you again when you are next in London, either on business or leisure.

Sincerest regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I will surely visit again, felt like I was in my own home. Nice employees, when I called about a minor problem, immediately they sent someone to fix it. Nice food and great central location in London. Radission Portman you will see me again soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Martin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased that in addition to our central location, you enjoyed the food and the service at the Radisson Blu Portman, ensuring that you had a "home away from home" feeling while staying here. It is reassuring to know that when you required assistance, the team were able to respond immediately and efficiently assist you.

We look forward to hosting you again when you are next in London. Please let me know if we can provide you with any assistance before then.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

For a quality hotel, it should not have mold in the bathroom. Also the room was dated. Shame as the Radisson Blu has a reputation for being a modern and clean hotel but failed in this instance. While we were given another room, it was still not of the quality we would expect.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
3  Thank Kurt O
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay.

I would like to sincerely apologize that you discovered mould in the bathroom. I can reassure you that this was an isolated issue and has already been addressed by our Executive Housekeeper who will re-train the team to ensure that our bathrooms are of the high standard that you have come to expect of the Radisson Blu brand.

It is disappointing that you view the rooms to be outdated. We recently finished a soft refurbishment of 78 rooms to try and modernize some of the rooms for an alternative option to the traditional looking room, I would hope that one of these may be better for you. I would appreciate if you will allow us another opportunity to host you again, wherby we shall ensure that you are highly satisfied with both the room and bathroom.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance now or in the future with a reservation.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My sister & I had a lovely sparkling afternoon tea yesterday. The staff were very attentive which made it more enjoyable. Giovanni Gulla, the hotel Manager, gave us a warm welcome & Stuart the security man was just so funny. We started off with a lovely glass of champers each followed by the tea which was full of scrummy food from the sandwiches then a scone with loads of jam & cream and to end some beautiful cakes - I cannot fault it. The surroundings was very comfortable & we were able to watch the comings & goings of the hotel. I would definitely go again so thank you Radisson Blu.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding an afternoon at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel.

I am very delighted to hear that an afternoon tea with us made your day a truly special one out and about in London and the experience was more than just the food and beverages which you enjoyed. I appreciate the recognition of the two colleagues who made your visit with us so memorable and I look forward to sharing this feedback with Giovanni and Stuart.

I do hope we shall have the pleasure to host you again for an afternoon tea for two or a night's accomodation. Please let me know if I can be of assistance for the next time you plan on visiting us.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Booked a junior suite as the teenager was competing and staying in the same room. Grandparents were staying in a standard room. Arrived at 3.30pm Standard room not ready so invite to take tea and wait. Description on web site for Junior suite said the following: "Junior Suites offer a roomy, classic haven after a busy day in the city. They include a separate lounge area with television and a designated dressing area". Well their idea of separate lounge area is different to mine as the room looked like a standard Hilton room. Went and complained and after a lot of Iffing and butting they did upgrade us all to the penthouse but then when house-keeping came to make up bed for teenager wouldn't do it until we agreed to pay so had to phone reception again to sort out. Lots of hassle although the receptionist was very helpful but would NEVER stay at a Radisson again as this has put us off.

Room Tip: Rooms are VERY small. Penthouse was nice but wouldn't pay full price for it - in the end when th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with feedback.

It is disappointing to read that the room was not how you pictured it based on the room description and high expectations and left you with an overall negative impression.

The room description of the Junior Suite offers correct information as the room is greater in space than lower category rooms and offers the listed additional facilities but is different to the one-bedroom suite. Unfortunately, due to the land space avaliable in this high demanded location, the rooms are not as spacious as is expected at times. The exact size of the rooms and suites can be found on our website as we do ensure all the information provided is accurate, trying not to disappoint upon arrival.

I do apologize that you were left frustrated due to the situation with the extra bed but hope that you may reconsider staying with us again when you are next in London for competitions, shows or simply to get away. I would hope that if we do have the pleasure to host you again, please know that the team and I would personally like to see that your next stay is more enjoyable from start to finish. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

i stayed 5 nights with this hotel from 5 to 10
i have a membership with them i asked for up grade my room they charge 40 per night extra
also i gave one of the duty night manager some thing for my friend who came with his family
and they did not delivered the item for him
in check out they refunded me my extra charge because i discovered that many people took upgrade
without paying extra

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bnghanem
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am displeased to learn you felt let down by the Front Office team on this occasion. I can reassure you that we have rates for our rooms and set prices to upgrade from one room type to the next. During the days when we have avaliability, we always try to provide a complimentary upgrade as a thank you for choosing to stay with us. Although we would wish to upgrade everybody, due to the time of check-in and the rooms avaliable, this may not happen.

Any item which is left with a clear room number or last name to our Concierge team is delivered as soon as possible to the room number provided as we ensure that guests' items are well looked after and delivered promptly. Please contact me directly so that I can assist you regarding this matter.

I do hope that you do choose to stay with us again when you are next in London. Please contact me if I can be of assistance.