“Very poor service at the Bar, out of date room”

Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
Ranked #437 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Bath, United Kingdom
“Very poor service at the Bar, out of date room”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I'm not normally one to complain but the service we received at the hotel bar was appalling, we had two drinks both times we had to call over someone to service us as there were busy chatting about the football to even notice we were there. In the end we just left.

Our (business class) room, was small and VERY dated, however was very clean and we were happy with the other services the room provided.

Room Tip: It you are looking for a nice looking room to say in this isn't for you
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RachelSnowdon
RadissonBluPortman, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Portman.

Your feedback is very valuable to us and I am very disappointed to read about the service you were given by our bar staff. I sincerely do apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Rest assured that your comments have been passed to our Food & Drinks Manager to follow up.

On the other hand I am happy to see that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the room.

Although this stay did not meet your expectations, I would certainly hope you will allow us another opportunity to make it better for you on your next visit to London.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist you with anything.

+44 207 208 6000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Rooms were comfortable and clean but a little dated. Free internet was very reliable. Hotel bar and restaurant were very good. Hotel staff was friendly and efficient. The location off of Portman Square and close proximity to Hyde Park were huge pluses.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RadissonBluPortman, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Edward

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us.
I am very pleased to read such a positive comment regarding the location, internet and especially about the hotel employees.

In regards to your room, I am sorry to read it didn’t meet your expectations. I am delighted to confirm we have a range of different room types and decoration that might be closer to your expectations.

If you are planning to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to deal with your booking personally.

+44207 208 6000
dubai
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Very good location especially for shoppers and diners, being just off Oxford Street (near Marble Arch). When we checked in the aircon in our room was not working. When they could not fix it, they promptly moved us to another room with an upgrade, not only for us, but also another family who was holidaying with us since we wanted our kids to be in close rooms. You can have breakfast like a king - it reminded me of south east asian holidays with sumptuous breakfast spreads. Though free Wifi, a bit weak inside the rooms, but manageable. TV channels choice very limited, so have your ipads ready

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Kirtan,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with an overview of your stay.

It is great to know that the location was very accessible to the areas you wished to visit during your time in London, in additon to the rooms and breakfast being highly satisfactory.

I am glad that my colleagues were able to locate a new room for both you and your friends when you experienced a difficulty with the air-conditioning, an issue I do apologize occured at all.

We offer a variety of local English channels plus National television channels of multiple countries in order to try and offer a great selection.

We are delighted to try and assist with any interent issue which occurs throughout the stay and find solutions which may affect a particular device.

I do hope we shall have the pleasure to host your family and friends again when you are next in London.

Best regards,

Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Location is good specially for the shoppers,just 05 minute walk to oxford shopping steet. Madame Tussaud also in walking distance. The hotel just next to Hyatt hotel and it is in quite area.
Room and breakfast was good. The staff was friendly and helpful.
will recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: junior suite can accommodate a family of 4 with 2 adult and 2 teenages with extra bed
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Radisson Blu Portman team, I appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback regarding your recent stay.

It is great to know that the hotel was ideally located for your stay when planning to visit Madame Tussauds and Oxford Street. I am glad that the accomodation, breakfast and service was all very satisfactory and made your overall stay a highly regarded one.

I do hope that when you are next in London, we shall have the pleasure to host you and your family again.

Warmest regards,

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 29 June 2014

was a suggestive vacation and work experience. you made it ​​memorable. you feel at home but in the same time i noticed professionalism and seriousness. recommend it to friends family and co-workers to stay in your hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Mazen,

Thank you for taking the time to providing us with a review of your recent visit.

I am delighted that it was a memorable experience here at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, leaving you with the feeling of a "home away from home" feeling. I look forward to sharing these touching words with our team.

On behalf of the team, we look forward to welcoming you back at a later date. If I can be of any assistance ahead of your arrival, please let me know.

Kindest regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I came with pretty low expectations but was very pleasantly surprised. The room was perfectly adequate and reasonably large, internet was free, breakfast was good, there's an outdoor patio attached to the restaurant which is very nice in good weather. The staff were uniformly extremely pleasant and efficient and I think this hotel does a very nice job. Biggest plus for me was the small but extremely well equipped gym, with all sorts of cardio machines and a very extensive set of free weights. I will be back.

Room Tip: Top floors are more modern
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay.

I am pleased to see that we were able to greatly exceed the expectations you had before arriving at the hotel. It is reassuring to know that the facilities, including the room, complimentary Internet wifi, breakfast, outdoor patio, and fitness centre were all to your liking. I shall likewise share your kind comments regarding the efficiency and kindess of the team with our entire Radisson Blu Portman team.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area. If I can be of any assistance ahead of your stay, please let me know,

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Since I have lived in London several years I chose this hotel purely based on location and figured it would be ok as SAS Radisson, but boy was I wrong. The service was not great, it was friendly but not great. The rooms has single glaze windows which I would not expect for this four star hotel. When I arrived the lobby smelled very much of smoke even though it is a non smoking hotel. The room was noise and very small. Will never go back

Room Tip: If you want to sleep ask for a quite room far away from elevators.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank kj11an
RadissonBluPortman, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Although you were pleased with our prime location in Central London, I am displeased about your unsatisfactory stay.

I sincerely do apologize for any inconvenience caused due to the noise in your room.

+44 207 208 6000