“Another great visit.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Shepperton, England
“Another great visit.”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is the third time we have stayed in the Radisson Blu at Portman Square. Again, we were really pleased with our visit. The greeting at Reception was excellent, very welcoming without being over the top and all the staff have a really positive approach to things and you feel nothing is too much trouble for them. They really want you to have a good stay. The spacious room was lovely with everything you could wish for.
The location couldn't be better for the West End and the unique way the lovely doorman hailed a taxi really amused us.
The breakfast, again, was amazing. So much choice and all looking very fresh and appetising. We enjoyed a time on the Verandah on the Saturday evening, just watching the world go by!
We look forward to our next stay. Thank you to every-one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel.

It is a joy to hear that you have now experienced three stays with us and have thoroughly enjoyed them all.

It is likewise great to learn that the room, breakfast, location, plus the option to dine and relax outside were all highly satisfactory factors during your stay but your main delight was the service of the entire team. Your feedback shall be shared as the team will be likewise thrilled to have had such a positive and unique influence on your stay.

We look forward to having the pleasure of hosting you for a fourth time sometime in the near future, allowing the team and I the opportunity to delight you once again.

marc.garrett@radissonblu.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Loved the rooms and all the amenities. Easy walk to Oxford Street and to Marble Arch Underground. Staff is very friendly. Wifi was weak and slow in the rooms. I prefer to hardwire in and use my router for fast speed and that's not an option in the rooms. I was upgraded but hotel does not include breakfast when upgraded. Doesn't seem right when you are a frequent traveler and club member. They don't serve you economy meals when you get upgraded to business class on airplanes. I'm never crazy about needing my room card to get in the elevator. Breakfast was weak.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

I am thrilled to learn that the service of the team, the room, the in-room facilities and location were the main reasons for your happiness in staying with us.

It is unsatisfying to know that you experienced difficulties with the wifi internet connection. I would be happy to assist you on your next stay to investigate what may be causing this, if the situation repeats.

We do value our Club Carlson members staying with us. As we look to do our utmost best to upgrade our Gold and Concierge guests to the highest avaliable room category on the given check-in date. We offer the complimentary room upgrade consisting of a room and in-room facilities and amenities upgrade but I shall share your feedback regarding the breakfast with our Management team.

I do apologize the breakfast was not to your liking and I would appreciate further feedback regarding this as we look to continually improve the services we offer.

Although it takes additional time to use the lift with a keycard, the lifts at the Radisson Blu Portman do have keycard slots in place for security purposes, allowing guests reassurance that we are looking out for their best interests.

Your loyalty is greatly appeciated and I do hope that we can host you again at this property. It would be my pleasure to assist with overseeing that your next stay is fully satisfactory. Please contact me if I can be of assistance, now or in the future.

Best regards,

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I , stayed for 6 nights in Radisson Blu London , the standard was not to our expectation so we easily moved to a business one which was great . Very nice hotel , welcoming staff , we were very much impressed by the nice lady at the front office , Mattee , she was so nice and helpful . The breakfast was very delicious , we really enjoyed our stay at this perfectly located hotel in the heart of beautiful London .

Room Tip: Business rooms are great and worth the extra money you pay to upgrade a standard room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Your feedback from your stay at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel is greatly appreciated.

As you mention, the hotel is very well located in London. It is pleasing to know that the Business Class room was very much to your liking. Although this was not the first room you stayed in, the additional facilities and space were the reasons which made your stay so enjoyable, along with the breakfast and service of the team, Maite in particular.

It will be a pleasure to assist you on your next visit. Please let us know if we can assist you in booking a Business Class room when making the reservation.

Baia Mare, Romania
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is the first visit to London. I liked the position of the hotel, right next to the Oxford street, but still out of the street's noise. The hotel is a bit updated, it could use a refresh, but it still has all the qualities of a real 4 star hotel. The room was OK, with a big bath, confortable bed. The meals were very good and tastefull. The convention rooms were good, with very good services. The personel was polite and attentif.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay.

As you celebrated your first time in London, I am overjoyed to learn that it was such an enjoyable experience and the location, food, room facilities plus our Meeting space and facilities were all truly satisfactory.

I shall share your appreciation regarding your experience with the entire team, including your satisfaction with their service.

I do hope that having enjoyed London so greatly on this occasion, it will be the first of many trips and the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel can be your home away from home when here.

Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

good hotel with great staff, who could not do enough for us. the superior rooms, are a good size with excellent air condition.. which is essential in the heat. Also have a brilliant choice for breakfast, and again the staff are really good and helpful, and the food is nicely presented with a wide choice and fresh fruit salad. Also has a nice seating area outside under trees for coffee or drinks.. and the location is fabulous for Oxford Street and the West End..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Amanda,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on your recent stay.

It is a delight to know that the entire stay was truly satisfactory with the room, the air-conditioning, the variety of options on the breakfast buffet, the terrace was very accommodating and the location was ideal for getting around.

I shall share your kind words regarding the team with them all as they will be overjoyed to hear of their positive influence on your stay.

Please let the team or I know when we can be of assistance again. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel for another highly regarded stay.

Ganney Tikva, Israel
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I recommend this hotel for several reasons: first, staff was excellent .All people we met were highly customer and service oriented. Our room was clean and comfortable. breakfast was super good.Location is perfect also- neer Marble Arch Station and neer Oxford Street. Many good restaurants neer hotel. Easy to navigate all around. I have only warm words to say about this hotel. Each request was handled immediately and professionality and certainly will recommend others to come and visit Radisson Blu.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Mishal,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel.

I am thrilled to learn that your stay was a great experience from the moment you arrived until the moment you left. It is also great to know that the location is conveniently situated enabling you the opportunity to explore the area in depth.

I feel reassured to know that the facilities and breakfast were to your liking. I shall share your kind words with the team as I am delighted to hear about their highly positive impact on your stay to ensure it was memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London. If the team or I can be of assistance ahead of your visit, please let us know.

Best regards,

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The location is great and the lobby and dining area was nice and inviting. Good breakfast and lunch, with many options, and friendly staff.

The room was a disappointment, though, carpet and tiles from another era and room not up to the standard you would expect at this price level.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Jolle123
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay.

It is great to know that the location of the hotel made it easy for you to travel around, the lobby and restaurant are welcoming, the food to your liking and the Radisson Blu team displayed their usual "Yes I Can" spirit!

Although, it is sad to learn that the room was not to your liking. I do hope that on your next stay we can find a room which shall please you greater and leave you with nothing but happy memories.

If I can be of any assistance ahead of your next trip to London, please let me know so I can be of assistance.