“Nice place” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Sao Paulo, SP
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Nice place if you want to stay downtown, just two blocks from Oxford Street. On the eith floor you have to go up some stairs after you get out of the elevator. We moved to the sixth floor..The room was comfortableand the staff is very kind. Breakfast is wonderful except for the tea, but who cares (I had the worst pizza of my life in Italy!). You can take the "hop on hop off bus" just round the corner.Nice place at a nice price.

Room Tip: .The quieter rooms have no view, .
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Joyce,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel.

It is pleasing to know that in addition to the good location and the sightseeing bus around the corner, you were pleased with your comfortable room located on the sixth floor.

It is likewise a delight to know that the breakfast was much to your liking and the team helped to ensure your stay with us was highly regarded.

I do hope we shall have the pleasure to host you again when you are next in London.

Best regards,

marc.garrett@radissonblu.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reading, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had a bit of a rough time to be honest which is a shame as the radisson is usually such an excellent hotel... We were upgraded to a room, which we did not ask for right by the lifts, I can not describe the noise, I was refused a croissant at breakfast even though there were about 100 sitting on the side and our luggage was just taken from our room and placed into another room without our permission or knowledge... However, there is some good news. Marc garrett who is the guest relations manager was fantastic, apologised and rectified these mistakes. Very nice chap that went the extra mile to help make our stay as good an experience as possible. Thanks Marc. Anthony, gerri and baby alex

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Anthony G
Dear Anthony,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am very honoured to have had the pleasure of meeting Gerri, Alex and yourself during your brief stay and I am very touched by your kind words regarding the assistance provided.

I would like to sincerely apologize again to you all for the room not being to your liking and shall look to find a room which is more to your liking upon your return.

In regards to the croissants, I shall speak to our Food & Beverage Management team as this is a popular item on our wide variety breakfast buffet. Together, we shall ensure the team are continually replenishishing and offering croissants and all other items throughout the breakfast hours as what you have mentioned is not of the high standard levels that we continually achieve at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel.

As mentioned in person, our Concierge team will only move the luggage if they feel it is packed enough to be transported to the new room so that everything is ready and waiting in the newly provided room which hopefully meets the guest's satsifaction. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused on this occasion and can assure you that this disappointment shall not be repeated.

Once again, it was a pleasure to meet the three of you and I do hope that I shall have another opportunity to meet you all again and see Alex growing-up.

Yours sincerely,

Khartoum, Sudan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I had a very nice stay at the Radisson Blu Portman. I arrived a bit early and although was not able to check-in immediately, I spent some time in the lobby lounge until my room was ready. My room was very comfortable and functional and provided great amenities. The hotel itself is about medium-sized so provides good amenities including a gym/small spa, wifi is good etc. The hotel's location is great as it is right on Portman Square so is perfectly located within west london and gives you great access to transport links. Guest services and concierge are very helpful and will provide you with support in a very helpful and friendly manner.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Sammooha
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Your feedback regarding your recent stay is much appreciated.

It is greatly pleasing to hear that the location of the hotel was great for you to travel around and for the ease of access to different public transportation, making it convenient to travel around London.

Thank you for your understanding with enjoying the lobby atmosphere while waiting for your room. The team are always happy to assist with finding a suitable room based on the room type booked to provide an early check-in but unfortunately the possiblities depend on the availability on the given day.

Upon entering your room, it is satisfying to know that you liked the room itself, the comfortable bed, in-room facilities, in addition to the facilities of the hotel.

It is touching to know that the Concierge, Front Desk and Guest Relations team were able to happily delight you with support and assistance which had a positive impact on your stay.

We look forward to hosting you again when you are next in London. Please contact me if I can be of assistance ahead of your stay.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Hotel is kept clean and neat and is in a great central location whethre travelling by car, rail or tube...or walk! The rooms are light and airy and the foyer inviting for weary travellers.

The car park has about 200 spaces and is underneath the hotel but it's quite a hefty £40 charge - they do give offers though depending on the room deal or a direct deal with the hotel - ask them before you book.

All in all, a great stay at a great hotel in the centre of London.

Room Tip: get anything above floor 9 for a decent view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Kewal,

Thank you for providing a full overview of your recent stay with us.

It is greatly satisfying to know that the high standards of cleaniness are recognized and that you found the lobby very inviting.

The location of the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel is certainly well located and is within close distance to serveral key underground and overground stations. The parking located beneath the hotel is a NCP carpark and rates are set by them. However, guests staying overnight within the hotel can receive a set discount upon departure. The team will happily provide further information before or during the stay.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit. Please contact the team or myself if we can be of any assistance ahead of your arrival.

Kind regards,

Hampshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Hotel in its public areas, looks well presented. Regrettably it needs some serious refurbishment of its rooms. There is a nice terrace at the front of the property and the lounged area is most comfortable.

However, I was placed in 1058, a small and poorly maintained room. The bathroom has blackened tile grit, wallpaper peels at the bottom of the walls, cushions covered in stains... Really rather disappointed.

Some of the reception staff could benefit from some more customer service training....

Location is fantastically central but regrettably, I wouldn't return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Luke,

The time you have taken to provide us with feedback is appreciated.

It is satisfying to know that the location and the entrance were both to your liking and made a great first impression.

I am also disappointed to hear the feedback regarding your room which you stayed in and have shared your comments with our Executive Housekeeper as this is not something we expect to hear from our guests. I can assure you that the necessary improvements shall be made as this is certainly not a reflection of the high standards that we continously achieve.

The Front Office Manager has been informed in regards to the Front Desk team as we have a firm belief in our "Yes I Can" spirit, the willingness to assist guests with the best possible service to thoroughly delight them. Having been used to recieving great comments regarding the entire Radisson Blu Portman team, those who do not display the same warm-hearted, caring personalities will be spoken to and shall be provided with refresher and re-training courses as required.

As your stay has not met our usual high expectations, I would hope that you will change your mind and give us another opportunity to show you our high quality service and leave your expectations fulfilled. If I can be of assistance personally when making your next reservation, please let me know as we are deeply focused on the satisfaction of our guests and wish to regain your faith in us.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Night's stayed: 4
Room type: Business (complimentary upgrade)
Background for trip: Family visit/reunion

First off, I would like to extend my greatest gratitude towards the staff at the Radisson Blu Portman hotel, London. This is my 12th stay at a Radisson Blu hotel this year, and I have to say that the staff is really the soul of the hotel in a sense that with an excellent staff, you might not really care about whether the view isn't great, or the that the shower fosset is leaking.
At the Portman hotel, the staff is friendly, helpful, present and aware. I haven't seen a better staffed front desk in quite some time.

The hotel is situated great for tourists, first-timers in London and those in the city for a few days. There are several restaurants situated right around the corner (try the indian on the second corner right before oxford street). There is also a Sainsbury's about 250 meters from the hotel. For tour buses, they stop at Marble Arch. For shopping, you've got Oxford Street nearby. For travelling to and from Heathrow you either have the tube at Marble Arch or a quick ride with a cab that will cost you 6 pounds to Paddington St.

Inside the hotel I would recommend a room high up and towards either North or South. The east side has early sun, and the west side is situated by the hotel aircondition fans.
A business class room gives you some extra space and the usual Radisson Blu ammenities. The room that I stayed in had full carpet in the main room, tiles in the entrance aswell as in the bathroom. The bathroom had a stand-in-tub shower.
The minibar is well stocked and you have to register a credit card at the front desk in order to open the minibar.
I had a problem with the minibar at 2 o'clock at night, there was a man at my door ready to look at the problem within 3 minutes, great service.

The house staff readies your bed before the evening when you are out so that when you return from a day in the city, your comforter and pillows are stowed away, curtains closed and all you have to do is slip into bed. This I had never experienced before.

The heating/cooling system in the rooms work great, and doesn't make much noise.
At night the hotel was quiet and there was little noise from the streets.
Room serviced at this hotel is quite something out of the ordinary, they have a variety of western food and also an arabic selection. Tray charge: 4 pounds. They offer their roomservice 24/7, though some items on the menu are only available till 2300.

In the morning, breakfast is served in the hotel restaurant. Great quality all throughout the buffet, my favorite must be the well stocked fruit selection. The glasses for the water could've been a bit larger though, especially for us that drink quite a lot for breakfast you'd have to make a few runs back and forth. Coffee was served quick and empty plates and cutlery was removed from the table as soon as I had finished with a plate. Suberb overall awareness from the breakfast staff, I counted at least 5 walking around making sure everyone had what they needed. Usually at my stays I count 2 or 3 people at the most.

While at breakfast my room was cleaned and restocked. After a quick change the concierge could give us either directions or help with a cab. He seemed to be very experienced and also very friendly. Even when the concierge wasn't available, the other staff members stepped up and helped out, team work at its best.

I tried the health club located on the 2nd floor. It had 2 treadmills, some other aerobics machines, free weights, slings and squat bars. Seemed clean, semi-new. Friendly staff that offer private sessions and you can also get a message (have to be ordered in advance). Towels and water was provided at no extra cost.

Overall, I have to say that yes I had high expectations towards this hotel, and boy were they met and surpassed. I hope that you all continue the great work that you do and keep making future stays for customers as memorable as you made mine and my parents. To you Mr. Garrett, thank you for everything, you really did go beyond my expectations. On behalf of my parents and I, I wish you and your colleagues the very best.

Room Tip: AC unit is situated on the west side of the building. Rooms higher up are quieter + better view. R...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FreGr
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing thorough feedback from your recent stay.

It is such a delight to read that we thoroughly satisfied you on this twelve stay within different Radisson Blu properties this year.

Your comments regarding the location, breakfast and facilities will be of great use to any guest which is looking at different accomodations within the area. As you mention, the hotel is well located for first time travellers and those wishing to travel around the local areas. There are certainly plenty of restaurants, shops and sights to see in close distance with easy access to the theatre district.

It is reassuring to know that the fitness facilities, room facilities and turndown procedure were all to your liking and contributed to the satisfaction of your stay. I am likewise thrilled that the breakfast variety was well received and that the fruit selection avaliable was your favourite.

Your kind, touching words are greatly appreciated and on behalf of the entire team, I am honoured that we were all able to assist you with making this an unforgettable stay. I do hope we shall have the pleasure to host you in the future. Please contact me if I can be of assistance again for your next stay.

Warmest regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Last minute decision to stay in London overnight. Booked through Last Minute Top Secret Hotels, so paid a very reasonable price.

Room was small for a double room but very clean, comfortable and in good decorative order. The only downside of the room was the view, being the back of an air conditioning unit (I think). As we were spending very little time in the room this did not bother us. However if we were paying full price I would not have been happy at all.

Reception was really good and helpful. We had a problem with our TV, and was really surprised when a maintenance man appeared at 9.00pm (5 mins after calling about the problem).

All in all happy with my stay at the price we paid. If I was paying full price my review would have been quite different

Stayed August 2014
Dear Penny,

I am pleased that your spur of the moment decision to be in this area, led you to choosing the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel.

It is a shame that the TV required assistance but it is very reassuring to know that our Maintenance team were promptly able to resolve your reported issue, allowing you the chance to continually enjoy your stay.

I am pleased that even though the room was not as spacious as you initially expected it would be, you found the room to be clean and comfortable, the high standards that we expect all the rooms to be.

Please let me know when you are next looking to be in the area, as this will alllow me the opportunity to assist you with making your reservation and to try and locate a room on a higher floor to make it a fully satisfactory stay.

Kind regards,