“Dirty, small and in need of a refurb”

Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
Ranked #451 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 November 2010

No. It seems like good value, but search again.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank Barnaby_Jones
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for what seems to have been an unacceptable experience.

We take your comments very seriously and I would like to kindly ask you to contact me directly on +44 207 208 6000 or stefanie.korte@radissonblu.com to discuss your experience in more detail in order for us to be able to take the necessary follow up and action.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London

Reviewed 19 November 2010

I stayed for one night at raddison blu london.
.although room was spacious as per europe standards..but it was not properly maintained..
Wires of electric plug was loosely hanging..
even desk service was also not very good...it took a lot of time to get room service
Not worth 350 pound per night...although location was appropriate for me

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write about your recent stay here at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel.

I was disappointed to hear your feedback and would like to assure you that your comments have been forwarded to all relevant departments for a further follow up and action.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel on a future occasion.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself on +44 207 208 6000 or stefanie.korte@radissonblu.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 16 November 2010

Stayed for 1 night in July. Took 40 minutes to get checked in even though I was one of two people queueing at reception (had to request 3 times for someone to come to reception). Don't know when the tiny room was last cleaned - at a guess would say never. Bedclothes not fit for a dog bed. Curtains didnt even match. Asked for tea at breakfast a number of times - still waiting on it to arrive. Fast checkout printout provided to "put in envelope" - am still searching for the envelope.

Hotel not fit for inhabitation by a pig never mind humans.

Positively the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in. As a "reward" for complaining, I received a gift cert from Radisson for any Radisson hotel in the world with no expiry date. Great idea - but one needs to call a number and state that they have a voucher and wish to book. Suddenly availability disappears at hotel selection despite clear availability on website.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank stphnmcgwn

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for what was clearly an unacceptable experience.

Reviewed 11 November 2010

Stayed here on expenses and actually felt bad for my company. Poor service, overpriced and rooms outdated. Saw a rat in the bar but when we complained, were told "this is london, what do u expect?" Which frankly we didn't, not at these prices. Our room was in business class but that seemedto be a poinless surcharge for little more than a free newspaper.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank angolana1234

Dear Guest,

We regret to hear your feedback about your recent stay here at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel and I would like to take this opportunity to give my sincerest apologies in respect of what has clearly been a disappointing and uncomfortable experience with us.

Please rest assured that your comments are being taken very seriously and have been forwarded to all relevant departments for further follow up and action. I would also like to assure you that your feedback is not representative of our usually excellent standards of guest service.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact myself on +44 207 208 6000 or stefanie.korte@radissonblu.com if I can be of any further assistance in the meantime.

Reviewed 30 October 2010

The hotel has a great location, but if you are going for more than a couple of days and need to store your clothes etc, look elsewhere. At least the room I stayed in did not have any storage space except one small closet. No cupboards at all! You have to keep everything in your The room was small and if you have more than one bag, you are done....

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel. Please rest assured that your feedback is very valuable to us and has been forwarded to the relevant departments for further follow up and action.

Reviewed 18 October 2010

Major problems. The worst hotel I've ever stayed at anywhere in the world, and I've had my fair share of hotels.

1) Management is poor. The staff aren't organized, aren't detailed and go around in circles. I had to change rooms three times and every change had so many problems I can't mention them all in this box.
2) Cleanliness is poor. The first time I changed rooms it was because there was dust all over the place. Unacceptable.
3) Facilities don't work. Amongst my three rooms, the aircon didn't work, the shower didn't work, the sink plug was stuck so I could neither fill the sink nor use the sink effectively.

Don't stay here. All these problems I've only had in my first 4 hours.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
6  Thank SfM_c
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2010

Reviewed 12 October 2010

My wife and I stayed here one night for a conference. It was free but even that didn't make it a nice stay. Why anyone would stay here out of choice when you can pay a little more and stay at Grosvenor House is beyond me. The room was small and desperately needed a refit and the concierge was rude and unhelpful. Radisson probably make a lot of money from this hotel but it's not from the service, trust me!

• Stayed: October 2010