“Can't wait to return!”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #13 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We recently spent a weekend at the Chesterfield Mayfair and absolutely loved it! The location was fabulous, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was immaculate. Some may say the bar and dining room could use an update, and maybe that's true, but I felt that added charm to this quaint, quite hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Chesterfield Mayfair

Reviewed 17 June 2011

The Chesterfield is a jewel of a hotel conveniently located on Charles Street in Mayfair. Staffed by a warm and congenial group of people and beautifully appointed public space and rooms, I recommend it highly whether for a business or pleeasure stay!

Room Tip: Book early! This is a popular hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank 79PeterK2013
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Very good place to be...location, service, accommodations and price. Admittedly, however, the BIG upgrade we got (to a spectacular small suite) because our reserved room was not ready (at 6 p.m.?) has a lot to do with the feel good about this place.That said, service is top notch...welcoming, caring and professional. Breakfast is well done. Nice bar. Ideal location and reasonable...for London...prices. Would stay again. Concierge service was extraordinarily helpful. Well done, jolly good!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tallmantraveling49
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I travelled to London with my three teenage kids. The Chesterfield Mayfair was not my first choice, I really wanted to stay at a Firmdale hotel or other hotel with stylish interior decoration (for example, the Hotel Keppler in Paris) but it was too expensive since I needed two rooms. The Chesterfield Mayfair was one of the few available hotels that offered a family package, two rooms (not connecting, though) with breakfast.

The best part about the Chesterfield Mayfair is the feeling you get while you're there and long after you leave. It is not just that it is a good value but there is a sense of generosity with this hotel. There was no inkling of stinginess or snootiness. The breakfast was generous and they brought it to our room immediately. There were no hidden extra charges or the feeling that we would have some suprise on our bill when we checked out. The front desk was really friendly and accomodating. I think they told me the hotel is run by a family from South Africa. I left feeling like the hotel owners and the hotel staff cared.

Likes:
-Safe, quiet and good location - within easy walking distance to Green Park tube station, Ritz Hotel, Fortum & Mason, Buckingham Palace, Horse Guards, shopping on Oxford Street
-Special family package with two rooms and breakfast
-Very clean
-Newly refurnished rooms
-Pretty fabrics
-Nice linens and feather pillows
-Comfortable mattress
-Pleasant view from room
-Marble bathroom
-Excellent and abundant room service breakfast
-Friendly and helpful front desk
-Quiet
-In-room temperature control

Liked less:
-Website is not appealing (I think I looked at every hotel before I explored the Chesterfield because their website has an outdated look)
-Lobby is a little frumpy and messy
-Could be immaculate if housekeeping would clean the doors to the rooms and freshen the air around the elevators
-Small rooms

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank pricklypoppy
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We eat in butlers restaurant and the food was second to none, let down a little by service but the food made up for that.
Next time I'm in London I already know where I'm going for dinner.
Butlers.....

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 11 June 2011

I didn't stay at the Hotel but came for Afternoon Tea and Champagne for my Mum's 50th birthday. This is the first one of these I have been to so I cannot compare with The Ritz or Claridges. The Hotel is so decadent and the staff were lovely, really attentive, they sang Happy Birthday and brought an extra special cake for the birthday girl.

My Mum and Aunties had the Tea option with a glass of Champagne, Sandwiches, Scones and Cakes while my cousin and I opted for the Chocolate Lovers tea with the Champagne and Sandwiches but Hot Chocolate, chocolate scones and cakes! The cakes had little flags in to celebrate the royal Wedding weekend - another sweet touch. On the way out there were some pick and mix sweets to take away and very posh loos too with actual towels to dry your hands.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Hannah C
Reviewed 8 June 2011

The staff at this hotel are some of the friendliest my husband and I have encountered. The room was spotless, the food in Butlers Restaurant was lovely, basically everything about this hotel was first class, we will definitely be back next time we visit London.

Room Tip: 205 had a lovely view of the courtyard, also quiet
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple