“A wonderful stay in Mayfair”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #16 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I was recommended the Chesterfield Hotel by a friend.

We stayed at the Chesterfield in Mayfair for just one night for our anniversary. Everything was just perfect. The hotel is a superb choice for a weekend in London being very central, and at the same time, located in a quiet corner of Mayfair.

All of the staff we encountered during our stay were amazing and could not do enough for us.

The hotel maintains a historic and elegant charm when so many hotels are turning into bland clones.

The Chesterfield will be our first choice of hotel for when we stay in London again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a lovely review from your recent stay with us. Thank you for trusting us with such special occasion, your anniversary! It was our pleasure to have you staying with us and it is always fantastic to hear that the entire team went that extra mile to help make your stay so enjoyable.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Oliver

Write a ReviewReviews (3,425)

Reviewed 29 June 2011

My wife and I stay in London about once every six months and have previously visited Claridges and the May Fair hotel among. However, our recent stay at the The Chesterfield has topped all of them. A comfortably styled hotel that you can readily relax in aligned with fantastic customer service and nice, surprising little touches. The staff were uniformly exceptional.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and very much hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Kind regards,

Oliver

Reviewed 28 June 2011

I stayed at the Chesterfield for 8 nights earlier this month. I can't say enough about what a wonderful experience I had across the board on so many fronts This is the second time I stayed at the Chesterfield. Both times were awesome. From booking my reservation, arrival, housekeeping until departure. I arrived early, and they had me checked in within the hour. The room was pristine clean and very comfortable. The mattress comfy. The room perfect size for one person. I booked a single. The barhroom very clean. The towels so fresh and fluffy! Not sure what they are made of, but I loved them. As well, the room was comfortable temperature-wise and it was quiet! I felt safe staying at the Chesterfield. I liked how one of the entrance doors was closed off to outside traffic in the later eveing. Being a single woman, this meant a lot to me. There is much more that stood out, but for time sake these are a few of the highlights. Thanks to the Chesterfield for another great stay! I appreciate your professionalism and attention to so many details.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2011

The hotel is in an excellent location and the room we stayed in was sumptuous and elegant. The service of all the staff was attentive but unobtrusive. The doorman was particularly helpful.

The breakfast was delicious with the eggs benedict highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank k_laidlaw1221
Reviewed 24 June 2011

We just returned from a 6 night stay at this hotel. First, I wanted to point out that customer service was not very good. The staff at the front desk did not smile at all and acted as if they were doing me a favor when I asked about something. Especially Sabine. Also, I booked the afternoon tea at the front desk for Saturday afternoon only for them to call me the night before to let me know that they were fully booked. They didn't know that when I was booking it. I changed it to Sunday afternoon. We rushed back from our sightseeing excursion on Sunday to make it on time and when I arrived, they told me they couldn't seat us because they were fully booked! I could not believe it!
On the day of arrival, I asked the reception to change our breakfast from the last day to the day of arrival because we were leaving very early our last day and when we were checking out, the first breakfast was charged to our account! (We had breakfast included). When I asked about it at the reception, they had no idea!
Although I reserved a king size bed room, the room and bathroom was very small. My husband and I are not big by any means and we could not be both in the bathroom at the same time. When walking in the room, we always had to give way to each other because there is not enough room between the bed and table.
Breakfast was very tasty and a large selection, although when I ordered the pancakes, they were clearly made in advance because the edges were dry as if they had just warmed them up.
Overall, I will look for a different hotel next time we go to London.

3  Thank karobu1
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Very traditional, beautiful, very English townhouse hotel tucked away in the heart of Mayfair. Fantastic location for getting around- a few minutes walk from Picadilly, Park Lane, Bond St etc- close to Green Park Tube. Service was amazing. Nothing was too much trouble and the food in the restaurant was of an extremely high standard and served with flair. One of the best hotels we've stayed in, both in London and elsewhere.
We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We recently spent a weekend at the Chesterfield Mayfair and absolutely loved it! The location was fabulous, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was immaculate. Some may say the bar and dining room could use an update, and maybe that's true, but I felt that added charm to this quaint, quite hotel.