This was our first time at the Chesterfield but certainly won’t be our last!
Conveniently tucked away on a quiet street in Mayfair, just a couple of minutes walk from Green Park tube (Piccadilly line direct to Heathrow). It is also very central for sightseeing (Buckingham Palace is just across Green Park), Bond Street is close for shopping and Leicester Square etc is ‘walkable’ after a night at the theater. Shepherds Market is one block away and is a great place for breakfast alfresco if you chose not to eat in the hotel.
The staff were discrete, helpful and very pleasant. Nothing was too much trouble.
I loved receiving the phone call within 5 mins of us checking in to ensure everything was OK with the room. The one minor repair which was needed was dealt with swiftly.
The room was well furnished with fabric covered walls. It resembled an old sailing ship (or maybe that was my imagination). Either the room has recently been refurbished or is well cared for as everything was pristine.
The monogrammed crisp white duvet covers, pillow cases, towels and bath robes were a nice change from the bedspreads etc one finds at large chains.
The under floor bathroom heating and fresh red carnation (their signature flower) were a nice touch.
We faced onto a side street so it was quiet but I get the impression the rooms directly overlooking Charles street were not noisy as it is a quiet street. Some rooms faced a rear courtyard/mews so if you are concerned about potential nose, request one of those.
Our only regret is that we didn’t eat in the restaurant. Usually we avoid hotel restaurants but after making reservations elsewhere we were very impressed with the menu and, upon looking inside, it was very busy.
Maybe next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located in exclusive Mayfair, near to designer shopping and many of the city's most iconic attractions, the Regency style hotel feels comparable to a traditional private club. Quiet, calm and efficient service blends with supreme comfort and luxury. Guest rooms and deluxe suites combine superb facilities with relaxing surroundings. The Library, Butlers Restaurant, Conservatory and intimate bar cater for every culinary whim or inclination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Chesterfield Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel London
- Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- Chesterfield Mayfair London