“Best kept secret in London” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chesterfield Mayfair

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #11 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Best kept secret in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

We stayed for 9 nights this September. The staff were so good to us. They had tickets to a play and soccer match set up before we arrived. They got us tickets on tours and were so helpful in answering any requests or questions. We will definitely stay there on our next trip to London which cannot be soon enough for us!!!!

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had such a fantastic time and it was filled with so many exciting outings. Thank you for highlighting the good service you received from our staff; I will be sharing your kind comments with my team and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel on your next visit to London.

Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

We have enjoyed the Chesterfield on many visits to London. This stay was even better than the prior visits. The Chesterfield will always be our first choice. Clean well appointed rooms, excellent restaurant and kind staff is the hallmark of the Chrsterfield

• Stayed September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to write your positive review about The Chesterfield Mayfair.

I am thrilled to read this last stay was even better than all your previous stays and thank you for your kind comments about the rooms and restaurant. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff about the brilliant service you received.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your London home from home again in the near future.

Solon, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

We've stayed here twice (used to stay at the Stafford, but it has gotten too big recently). The location is fantastic, right near Shepherd's Market--lots of good restaurants--especially Da Corradi and Market Brasserie. The Chesterfield's rooms are nice, the service is perfect and the bar is a wonderful to start and finish your evening--perfect London bar staff.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your feedback with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the staff about their service. Thank you for your great description of our surrounding areas and highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Chesterfield Mayfair next time you are in town.

Windermere, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

I am used to small rooms in European hotels and that does not bother me. But when the prices double over a couple a years, that is not acceptable. I love the location of this hotel, the staff is very attentive, the bar is great, but I just can't justify staying here again when the rates are so high. If you don't mind spending the $, this is a lovely property.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your comments highlighting the service you received from the staff.

With regards to the rates, the rates do vary throughout the year depending on the availability, however during the quieter times like Easter, August and Christmas the rates will also reflect this and be quite a bit lower.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to the chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

With kind regards,

Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

For almost 20 years I travelled on business in Asia and the US and have stayed in many excellent hotels all free to me. I am used to Japanese standards of service, the best in the world, and I am usually very critical of those in the UK. For obvious reasons I almost never stay in hotels in London and can't quite get my head around the price. The New Otani in Osaka is one of my three or four favourite hotels in the world and is about half the cost of the Chesterfield. I guess it is supply and demand?

I was pleasantly surprised by the immaculate room and friendliness of the service, in my experience both rare in England. Our home is in a very quiet area and my wife and I often have problems sleeping in hotels which, almost invariably, are noisy but there was no problem at all in the Chesterfield.

Next time I will ask not to be upgraded to a king size bed as a smaller one would give more space in the room. It was a new experience to ask for sausage at the otherwise excellent breakfast and to be given precisely that, one sausage. Next time I will ask for two!

After we checked out as we walked past Claridges I was bitten by a dog owned by a homeless man. This rather blighted an otherwise delightful weekend but we could hardly blame the Chesterfield for that.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay.

Thank you for your kind comments about the room and the friendly service you received, I am absolutely delighted we were able to exceed your expectations. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

Thank you for comments and feedback about the breakfast and we will be sure to take your comments on board to ensure the excellent standard is upheld.

I am sorry to read that your time in London was tarnished and I do hope you have made a full recovery.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair next time you are in London.

Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

The reviews pretty much say it all, the Chesterfield Mayfair is a very good hotel that is tucked away on a quiet street near St. James Park. It's easy walking distance to parks, the Palace and even Victoria Station. The staff are very friendly and helpful. My room was small, but it was nicely decorated, well appointed and clean. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet, which is something that is very important to me. The breakfast buffet was excellent. Overall, I had a very good stay and would certainly return to the Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing your positive review.

It was our pleasure to have you staying with us and I am delighted that you enjoyed the room facilities and the breakfast buffet in Butlers Restaurant.

Abuja
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Cool, serene and close to almost all the shopping districts of central London. The staff were very nice and ready to assist throughout my ten days stay. Will definitely go back again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review of your stay with us.

We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and it is always fantastic to hear that the team were always ready to help and assist during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to your “home away from home” on your next visit to London.

With kind regards,