“a quiet stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
london
“a quiet stay”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

lovely hotel offering good service.
good situation
old style decoration but with a good british taste
staff very present always smiling

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback from your recent stay with us.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members. Thank you for your lovely comments about the location and our traditional British decor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Delicious selection of sandwiches and pastries, great and unusual selection of teas, impeccable and friendly service. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and give us some feedback from your afternoon tea.

I am delighted to read that you had a fabulous afternoon tea and enjoyed the delicious selection of treats and the unusual teas. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their friendliness and impeccable service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the near future.

Torrance, California
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Chesterfield is my home when I'm in London. The staff is very attentive and helpful. It is very close to all the major hot spots in London, but it is located on a very quiet street so one is not bother by any screaming drunks in the middle of the night. You'll see Rolls Royce's and other high end cars parked on the street near the hotel. The Green Park Tube station is only a few minutes walk away, as is Savile Row, Regent St and other fun places to visit. I travel alone alot and unlike other places where the single travler is looked down upon or ignored like a stray dog, the staff goes out of their way to make sure I'm well taken care of. I had dinner in the hotel resturant, and I was not seated off in some dark corner and forgotten like other places I've been to but, in a great table with wonderus service. Those who say that British cooking is right above heating up some cardboard has necer enjoyed a wonderful dinner at the Chesterfield. I savored a delicious lamb dinner with mint and a delightful red wine which i felt was better than many other high end resturants that I've eaten in. The rooms are very comfy and quiet. The only thing I found strange was the "shower partion" that is hinged and can let a lot of water on the floor.
For the American travelers (and others), bring your USB connectors to charge your phones, cameras etc and don't worry about wall plugs since the TVs have USB ports on the back and you can charge your toys while watching the telly. Overall I rate the Chesterfield first Class with great staff and recommend it very much.
John

Room Tip: all the rooms are very nice. But just like anywhere, try to avoid the ones next to the lift
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback from your stay with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay and thought the hotel first class and I’m pleased that our brilliant location and the comfortable room created such a favourable impression. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their attentive service and your fantastic feedback about your delicious lamb dinner with our Executive Chef, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 October 2011

If you want an absolutely lovely hotel, with attentive staff, wonderful decor and comfortable amenities, the the Chesterfield Mayfair is the place. Terrific for a weekend ion the city, centrally located, a 4 star all the way around! Only wish they had a fitness center, but i really didn't have time anyway!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank tfuller52
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and give us some feedback from your stay.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, the comfortable amenities and especially our brilliant location. Thank you for highlighting the good service you received from our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London.

Wales
Reviewed 28 October 2011

This hotel is perfectly adequate. I have stayed here twice in recent times. A little tired and could do with an update, but charming in some ways. My biggest problem is that when you book this hotel through the trip advisor selection non of the prices tell you that VAT is to be added. At 20% that is a big amount, and it makes the hotel seem lower priced than it is. I am sure that when you are selling to the general public you are supposed to advertise the prices including VAT it is misleading. I guess it is in the small print, but on other hotels I have booked through the trip advisor system the price listed is what you pay including vat.

Room Tip: check for vat on your final price
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaggieCWales
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and give us your feedback from your recent stay.

With regards to the VAT charges; the booking was made through a 3rd party website and unfortunately we as a hotel are unable to control how the charges are worded. On numerous occasions we have contacted Expedia directly to have this amended as we agree it is misleading and unfortunately they will not change this. As I hope you can understand this is out of our control and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please rest assured that for your future reservations when you book directly through the hotel we will guarantee our best available rate and explain fully the details of your reservation including the VAT charges.

I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 October 2011

The Chesterfield's location in Mayfair is excellent, just a few pretty blocks from the tube station. Love the street and the facade of the hotel. The lobby and restaurant are very old-style English but clean and lovely. The front desk staff are very helpful especially with restaurant suggestions but the hotel restaurant staff were slow and a bit clueless. Our rooms, although attractively decorated and clean, were very small. There is barely any room to walk around in the room and one of the bathrooms had a shower so small that we just laughed. We paid the extra money for a "double" for one of the rooms but don't be fooled by that terminology of a double, in English standards it means a larger double bed, not two beds like you would find in America. Overall, we enjoyed the hotel but understand American standards are different.

Room Tip: ask questions about size of the room - American standards are different.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jill S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that the service from the Front desk staff was good and you enjoyed your stay with us.

With regards to your comments about the size of the room, we do have larger categories of rooms; please enquire with our reservations team when next making your reservations to ensure a more comfortable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I spent two nights at the Chesterfield for business and was highly impressed with the experience. The service level was exemplary, my room was lovely, clean, comfortable and quiet (beautiful bed linens and towels as well), and the location was convenient and within easy walking distance of some great shopping. The staff truly went above and beyond to ensure my satisfaction, and the result was a genuine feeling of home away from home with plenty of British charm. I travel quite a bit for both business and pleasure and was truly pleased with this hotel. Thank you for such a wonderful visit - I will be back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and the lovely room. Thank you for highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.