“A place to enjoy”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 November 2011

On our arrival we had a very friendly greeting from all the staff, our room was clean, comfortable and well supplied. Room service readily available at all times. The menu is extensive and catered for most tastes. I have special dietry needs,they dealt with these with ease, nothing was too much trouble for them. Overall, a fantastic place where the staff bent over backwards to be pleasant and helpfull!! Would love to return.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lorraine w
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2011

Dear Guest,

It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

I am pleased to read that you had such a wonderful time with us. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their helpfulness and friendliness, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 November 2011

I recently had a chance to stay here on business. I was surprised at the smallness of the room compared to US hotels, and that the "single" room indeed had a single person bed (vs a queen or king). However, the bed was very comfortable, the bedding luxurious, and the room more than adequate for my purposes. The on-site restaurant prices are a bit steep for my tastes, but I did enjoy the Full English Breakfast each morning. The wait staff was very attentive, the coffee hot and strong (better than any I've had at hotels in the States), and the meals come out hot, delicious, and in relatively short time. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I've never stayed at a bed and breakfast, but compared to some of the large, impersonal hotel chains, this one FELT more like I'd imagine a bed and breakfast (done on a larger scale) might be like. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent stay.

I am delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable stay as well as the full English breakfast each morning, especially our Starbucks coffee. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests about their service and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel when you are next in London for business.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

My Japanese clients and I had a very comfortable stay. Nice attention to details. The staff were
truly what one would hope for. They were perfect.
The hotel is of course in a great location. Decor great. Very clean and organized.
This is an elite hotel which keeps alive the regality of Great Britain.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review.

I’m delighted to hear that you and your clients enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Chesterfield, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

We spent 5 nights from 1 November 2011. My second time at Chesterfield Mayfair. I really like the location, in a quiet location in a great part of London for walking. Just 4 minute walk to Green Park Tube.

At check-in, I got a complementary upgrade to a Junior Suite. A very nice touch. But even a suite is small by US standards, and there is not much room for suitcases and other bags. The staff was friendly, very accommodating of special requests. I liked that the room could be made up at any time, like during turn down service. Very comfy bed. Good lighting. Did not use the TV, as UK TV leaves a lot to be desired. I really liked having French press coffee in the room. Also, hotel umbrellas in the closet are convenient.

Breakfasts are very good. Excellent selections of buffet and cooked to order items. Brewed coffee could be improved.

I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to see our return guests coming back time again and thank you for writing your positive review.

Thank you for your great description of our surrounding areas and highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members. I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and the room and I’m pleased that extra amenities such as the French coffee press and umbrellas were so appreciated.

Thank you for your feedback about the room which is invaluable to us. As we are a period hotel some of our Junior Suites do vary in size and some are more suited to storage and spaciousness. Please enquire with our reservations team when next making your reservations to ensure a more comfortable stay.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

This is without doubt a luxury hotel catering to the discerning and located in the well off Mayfair. What I like about it is that it's not totally over the top: it has large, comfortable rooms (for a UK hotel), very good linens and bedding, is quiet, has great service, and all the convenience items I could have wanted. I've stayed at others with more cutting edge interior decorating or more expensive bits and bobs, but those hotels always felt like they were overcompensating. This hotel is just very solid. I'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a pleasing review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had an exceptional stay and I’m pleased that our comfortable rooms and special touches such as the luxurious linens and bedding created such a favourable impression.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed at the Chesterfield for 3 nights and as other reviewers have noted, the service at this hotel is attentive and friendly. Case in point: I called to request hair conditioner and even though they don't stock it, they sent a staff member out to buy some. I was very impressed. My reservations about this hotel are the following:
1) Location-wise, the hotel is situated in the heart of Mayfair. It was on a quiet side street so was hard to find my back to, especially at night.
2) The washrooms were not very functional. Instead of a shower curtain or full door, it shower had a partial glass pane. This meant water sprayed everywhere during a shower, even flooding the ground.
3) The decor is very old English. If you prefer modern and sleek, don't stay here.
4) I asked the concierge for an afternoon tea booking. He seemed a bit reluctant to call, saying they fill up weeks in advance. I asked that he try and while he was calling, I told him I had to zip up to my room to get something but would be right back. When I got back down, he was no where to be found and never followed up again on the booking. That was disappointing.

Overall, I found the hotel pleasant, but wouldn't stay again.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VancouverCDN_travlr
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from your recent stay.

I am pleased to read your comments about the staff and their friendly, attentive service and the effort that was made with the hair conditioner during your stay.

With regards to your feedback about the room which is invaluable to us. The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel is a traditional English hotel and the bedrooms and decor match this. I am really sorry to read that the style of the hotel was not to your taste. The Red Carnation Hotel Group does have more contemporary hotels such as the 41, which is located on Buckingham Palace Road, which I do hope you would enjoy.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

The location is great and the staff made us feel welcome and were very helpful. Tony, the concierge, helped us plan our days and he was great. The hotel is right near a tube stop and it made it so easy getting around.

• Stayed: November 2011
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, in particular Tony, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel next time you are in London.