“Look nowhere else in Central London”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
England
“Look nowhere else in Central London”
Reviewed 21 November 2011

This is the best hotel of its type in central London. Last week I stayed her with my wife, the evening being a delayed wedding anniversary treat. We were upgraded to a suite which was wonderful and the staff even personally signed an anniversary card!

I have stayed here on a number of occasions on business trips and always find it very comfortable and in an excellent location just off Berkeley Square. The rooms may be a little sombre for some tastes, but that is a personal thing - they are traditional English Country House in style.

The beds are very comfortable, the bathrooms spotlessly clean, the breakfast is superb, but the best thing about this hotel are the staff. They all seem to be happy in their work and offer genuine warmth.

I will happily stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2011

i have had the pleasure of staying at the Chesterfield many times over the years, and its remarkable how, even if the staff change, the results are always the same. Just about perfect. The owners, red carnation, just dont seem to put a foot wrong. service, comfort, food, decor,efficiency, friendliness, attention to detail, are all first class. The whole feel is very much like a private members club where everyone knows who you are and what you need, even if you dont know yourself!!

Location is on a quiet street just off Berkeley Square, loads of great restaurants and bars close by. Business or pleasure...you wont get better than this.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2011

On our arrival we had a very friendly greeting from all the staff, our room was clean, comfortable and well supplied. Room service readily available at all times. The menu is extensive and catered for most tastes. I have special dietry needs,they dealt with these with ease, nothing was too much trouble for them. Overall, a fantastic place where the staff bent over backwards to be pleasant and helpfull!! Would love to return.

1 Thank lorraine w
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 24 November 2011
Dear Guest,

It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

I am pleased to read that you had such a wonderful time with us. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their helpfulness and friendliness, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I recently had a chance to stay here on business. I was surprised at the smallness of the room compared to US hotels, and that the "single" room indeed had a single person bed (vs a queen or king). However, the bed was very comfortable, the bedding luxurious, and the room more than adequate for my purposes. The on-site restaurant prices are a bit steep for my tastes, but I did enjoy the Full English Breakfast each morning. The wait staff was very attentive, the coffee hot and strong (better than any I've had at hotels in the States), and the meals come out hot, delicious, and in relatively short time. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I've never stayed at a bed and breakfast, but compared to some of the large, impersonal hotel chains, this one FELT more like I'd imagine a bed and breakfast (done on a larger scale) might be like. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent stay.

I am delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable stay as well as the full English breakfast each morning, especially our Starbucks coffee. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests about their service and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel when you are next in London for business.

japan
Reviewed 16 November 2011

My Japanese clients and I had a very comfortable stay. Nice attention to details. The staff were
truly what one would hope for. They were perfect.
The hotel is of course in a great location. Decor great. Very clean and organized.
This is an elite hotel which keeps alive the regality of Great Britain.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review.

I’m delighted to hear that you and your clients enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Chesterfield, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

California
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We spent 5 nights from 1 November 2011. My second time at Chesterfield Mayfair. I really like the location, in a quiet location in a great part of London for walking. Just 4 minute walk to Green Park Tube.

At check-in, I got a complementary upgrade to a Junior Suite. A very nice touch. But even a suite is small by US standards, and there is not much room for suitcases and other bags. The staff was friendly, very accommodating of special requests. I liked that the room could be made up at any time, like during turn down service. Very comfy bed. Good lighting. Did not use the TV, as UK TV leaves a lot to be desired. I really liked having French press coffee in the room. Also, hotel umbrellas in the closet are convenient.

Breakfasts are very good. Excellent selections of buffet and cooked to order items. Brewed coffee could be improved.

I would definitely return to this hotel.

Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to see our return guests coming back time again and thank you for writing your positive review.

Thank you for your great description of our surrounding areas and highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members. I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and the room and I’m pleased that extra amenities such as the French coffee press and umbrellas were so appreciated.

Thank you for your feedback about the room which is invaluable to us. As we are a period hotel some of our Junior Suites do vary in size and some are more suited to storage and spaciousness. Please enquire with our reservations team when next making your reservations to ensure a more comfortable stay.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This is without doubt a luxury hotel catering to the discerning and located in the well off Mayfair. What I like about it is that it's not totally over the top: it has large, comfortable rooms (for a UK hotel), very good linens and bedding, is quiet, has great service, and all the convenience items I could have wanted. I've stayed at others with more cutting edge interior decorating or more expensive bits and bobs, but those hotels always felt like they were overcompensating. This hotel is just very solid. I'll be back.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a pleasing review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had an exceptional stay and I’m pleased that our comfortable rooms and special touches such as the luxurious linens and bedding created such a favourable impression.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.