“First Class Service the Difference”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #16 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 January 2008

We stayed at The Chesterfield after reading the reviews on here, and managing the get a bit of a deal on a last minute room.

The rooms themselves (we paid for a standard double) were a little dated in decor, but very comfortable indeed, with everything we could have expected. The service at the hotel was first class however, with friendly smiles and helpful staff from start to end. Even though we probably had one of the cheapest rooms in the place, we were made to feel like the most important guests in the building at all times.

The location was also very good; right in the heart of Mayfair and near the tube.

I thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone, and would gladly stay there again.

1  Thank beanie999
Write a ReviewReviews (3,425)

Reviewed 20 December 2007

Booked this hotel for my Husbands 40th birthday after reading all the reviews. I am delighted to say that we were not disappointed. I had contacted the hotel before going to arrange some balloons in our room and to have champagne in the bar. Everything that I asked for was done. The service was impeccable and the hotel was just wonderful.

It is really only a 5 minute walk from Green park tube and within walking distance of Buckingham Palace, Picadilly circus, Leicester square and more.

I cannot thank the team at the hotel enough. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff do really make you feel welcome. So a huge thanks to everyone who made it a memorable weekend.

PS The breakfast was delicious!!!!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends
3  Thank LincolnshireDawn
Reviewed 17 December 2007

My husband and I stayed in the Chesterfield Mayfair hotel during a week-end just before Christmas, enjoying their so-called "week-end package". The location was perfect, the staff very helpful.....beyond expectations. Definitely I would reccomend it and I hope to be back again.

Reviewed 17 December 2007

My husband and I have just enjoyed a weekend in London staying at the Chesterfield Mayfair. The staff were attentive, polite and extremely helpful. It is a typically olde worlde hotel situated in a quiet street. We found the location to be ideal for shopping, theatres, galleries and just about everywhere else too! Our only one disappointment was the lack of a mini-bar in our bedroom, although they do supply complimentary tea/coffee and water.

1  Thank JerseyGirl1966
Reviewed 14 December 2007

My hubby and I stayed here for 2 nights on 1st and 2nd December. I booked this hotel for a short break for our wedding Anniversary through the Hotels own website.
I chose a 'Mayfair Weekend' package which I have booked before as it is such great value: breakfast daily, complimentary bottle champagne on arrival and full afternoon tea for 2 on one day, all for £215 per night plus VAT.

I filled out the guest preference form which you can download from the website after you get your booking through and ticked a few items that we would like in the room: feather pillows, telegraph newspaper etc etc and in the special date/occasion just mentioned it was our wedding anniversary think nothing of it.

When we arrived at the hotel after a horrible flight into Heathrow, we couldn't have been made more welcome. They told us we had been upgraded us to a junior suite and wished us a happy Anniversary! There were canapés in the room and a card from the Manager again wishing us a happy anniversary, it was fabulous.The room was lovely and newly re-decorated, lovely bathroom and flat screen TV in bedroom. Breakfast was fab as usual and the afternoon tea was lovely, very filling, the scones were delicious.

I certainly did not expect any special treatment just because it was our anniversary, but it did really make our weekend, and we needed it after a month or so of stress at work! I know from previous stays that the service is great all the time, the staff go out of their way to be pleasant and helpful and it really does seem genuine.

This is my 3rd stay at this hotel and I will not hesitate to stay there again. Other hotels, especially some 5 star ones I've stayed in should take note, this is a 4 star hotel with platinum service.

1  Thank Fanoir_Adams
Reviewed 11 December 2007

The Chesterfield does deserve its plaudits - I guess when staying at a big city hotel we all maybe lower our expectations a little as we are something of a captive audience.

In fairness to the Chesterfield they don't take the guest for granted and this shows from the welcome all the way to the check out. The reception and bell boy staff are friendly and efficient and endearingly determined to make sure you have all the information you need for a comfortable stay. I've never had such a comprehensive introduction to my room and how all the utilities function!

Our rooms were very nice, a decent size for London, nicely decorated. That isn't to say they are overly fancy; the bedding is a little old fashioned but crisp and clean and there's no flat screen TV but overall its very comfortable and adequate.

For me the highlight is the restaurant - not just a place for guests to eat breakfast but actually a destination dining room in its own right. This is exactly why you would choose this sort of hotel over the corporates - superb decor, service and a traditional English menu done very well.

Location is teriffic - right in the heart of things with lovely twisty London streets all around dotted with all manner of unusual quirky shops.

I've stayed in many hotels across London and this is the first time I've left not feeling dissapointed.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank ITTS
Reviewed 7 December 2007

A friend and I just returned from our stay in London - we spent 7 nights at the Chesterfield Mayfair, and we couldn't have been happier. The hotel is tucked into the charming neighborhood streets of Mayfair, within easy walking distance to many fine pubs and restaurants - we were a quick cab ride to Harrods, Oxford St. and the London Eye - for those interested in taking the tube, it's a quick 5 minute walk to the closest stop - go for it.

The staff was amazingly helpful, and just as charming as the location, we felt completely at home - and often enjoyed drinks in the hotel bar after dinner.

Probably more in sync with couples traveling w/out kids, perfect for the business traveler.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends