“The Chesterfield Made My Daughter's Birthday”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Solihull, England
“The Chesterfield Made My Daughter's Birthday”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I recently stayed at The Chesterfield Mayfair for a birthday surprise for my 9 year old daughter. I had called in the previous weekend to have a little look around as we had stumbled by accident in to the Mayfair area due to bus traffic diversions. From the moment I walked in to reception we were greeted by such wonderful staff.

The front desk Manager, Jack, took time out to show me around the hotel and its rooms. I explained this was for a birthday treat to which he said he would try to get his very best room. He did not let me down!

I returned the following week with my daughter and once again was met by the most thoughtful of people. The Bellman, Englebert, immediately approached my daughter to greet her and offered her some sweets from the restaurant whilst I signed in. Jack once again came to greet us and introduced himself to Morgan, acknowledging her birthday which really made her feel special.

The room itself was so classic and beautifully decorated. My daughter absolutely loved it. The thought that this hotel has put into it guests is incredible. They even supplied robe and slippers that were the right size just for my daughter!! Every member of staff we met was friendly and helpful beyond words. Nothing was too much trouble.

That night we returned to our room after seeing a show. In the room the staff had arranged a cup cake with Happy Birthday written around the plate, along with a bag of sweets and a beautiful birthday card signed by what looked like everyone from the Chesterfield!!

When it came to our last day the hotel stored our bags away for the day whilst we made the most of our last few hours in London. When we returned to collect our belongings the staff including Jack, Englebert and Tony (first class concierge!) came to say goodbye and presented my daughter with a tiny Chesterfield Teddy for her to keep.

This was my daughter first trip to London and what a memorable experience this beautiful hotel and its members of staff made for her. She took along the Teddy for show and tell on the Monday morning at school and told everyone about her birthday trip. She is now on my case to book a return visit to the Chesterfield (before her next birthday!). This hotel has won the loyalty of a 9 year old!

Whatever your reason for visiting London this is definitely the hotel I would highly recommend. The staff are absolutely incredible and the hotel is in a class of its own. The customer service you will receive will be second to none. I recently stayed at well known 5 star hotel just around the corner where I just felt like ‘another guest’.

The Chesterfield is a home from home where you feel around friends.

Room Tip: If your visiting for a special occasion do not hesitate in calling to let the hotel know in advance...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and your daughter had such a memorable first trip to London.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Maynooth, Ireland
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My Husband & I stayed here in March 2012 , When we checked in we were made very welcome ,
The bedroom was a good size and very comfortable quiet and relaxing. the staff are very friendly and the service is excellent.Breakfast was a real treat and served by a very efficient girl. I have stayed in many hotels all over the world and I would highly recommend the Chesterfield as one of the best to date .
P.Loftus

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pauline l
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review from your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that you had such a lovely stay with us. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

san francisco
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I continue to be impressed by the graciousness of the staff! Our flight is getting in early and we would be happy to just leave our bags at the desk, but I was told that they would have our rooms ready for us. Not only that, we need to make a side trip while in London and they will keep our luggage for us while we're gone. The Butler restaurant is first rate, and we are San Francisco food snobs! They also serve a wonderful tea -our waitress wrapped up the extra sandwiches and tucked in a few truffles for our daughter , who is living in London this year. Very thoughtful (wouldn't happen at the Ritz!). This is just a charming, perfectly located find, and very reasonable for such excellent quality. I am looking forward to this next trip

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your posting your brilliant review from your recent stay.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to our team who will be delighted with your feedback.

Thank you too for your brilliant comments about our beautiful Butlers restaurant and the afternoon tea you enjoyed, our Food and Beverage Manager, Executive Chef and their teams will be most delighted with this.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 March 2012

the location is completely ideal and the service is truly above average. friendly and helpful staff. fantastic breakfast buffet! rooms are small but comfortably cozy. would go back in a flash

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I had stayed here before when visiting the Van Gogh exhibition at the RA ( a nice stroll around a couple of corners)So when I heard about the David Hockney one,I had to book again.From the minute you arrive you are looked after by friendly helpful staff and my rooms have been very comfortable ,quiet and relaxing.
Breakfast was a treat with freshly squeezed juice and freshly cooked eggs.I do not stay in Hotels as often as I would like but the Chesterfield is the best in my book.

Room Tip: Both rooms at the front were fine for me -some traffic noise which stopped at night
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of our brilliant package and enjoy the convenience of the fast track tickets for the David Hockney Exhibition.

Thank you, too, for your wonderful feedback about the breakfast; I am sure our Executive Chef and his team will be very pleased to read your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

Philadelphia
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My husband and I traveled to London for our 10th anniversary. I spent many hours scanning the internet for a nice place and made and cancelled two other reservations before landing on the Chesterfield Mayfair. It is well located to the tube, which we took everywhere and to Oxford Street, Wigmore Hall for music, and wonderful restaurants. Chris, the concierge was incredibly helpful in our finding locations, booking restaurants and generally being a smiling presence. Everyone at the desk was friendly and warm.
The bar area was a nice place to sit down and have a drink at the end of the day. The bartender gave my husband his new favorite cocktail - the Vesper. Breakfasts were excellent.
I heartily recommend the Chesterfield Mayfair as a great place to stay in London.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review from your recent stay.

I am delighted to read that we were able to welcome you for your special 10th anniversary trip. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, in particular Chris.

Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2012

When we wanted to go to the Hockney exhibition tickets were so difficult to get that a package offered by the Chesterfield was most attractive- - two red rosettes for food and tickets!We had a marvelous weekend visiting the Hockney and Freud exhibitions as well as a concert at the Wigmore Hall.The hotel has beautiful furnishings and a great dining area.It is the essence of eighteenth century style.Do not miss the Champagne afternoon tea,an experience to cherish.Also the concierge is the most knowledgeable in London.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jcarling
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your posting your brilliant review from your stay with us last month.

I am delighted to read that you were able to take advantage of the incredibly popular David Hockney Exhibition at The Royal Academy of Arts and enjoy a trip away with some other exhibitions and concerts too.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to our Concierge team who will be delighted with your feedback.

Thank you too for your brilliant comments about our beautiful Butlers restaurant and the Champagne afternoon tea you enjoyed, our Food and Beverage Manager, Executive Chef and their teams will be most delighted with this.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.