I recently stayed at The Chesterfield Mayfair for a birthday surprise for my 9 year old daughter. I had called in the previous weekend to have a little look around as we had stumbled by accident in to the Mayfair area due to bus traffic diversions. From the moment I walked in to reception we were greeted by such wonderful staff.
The front desk Manager, Jack, took time out to show me around the hotel and its rooms. I explained this was for a birthday treat to which he said he would try to get his very best room. He did not let me down!
I returned the following week with my daughter and once again was met by the most thoughtful of people. The Bellman, Englebert, immediately approached my daughter to greet her and offered her some sweets from the restaurant whilst I signed in. Jack once again came to greet us and introduced himself to Morgan, acknowledging her birthday which really made her feel special.
The room itself was so classic and beautifully decorated. My daughter absolutely loved it. The thought that this hotel has put into it guests is incredible. They even supplied robe and slippers that were the right size just for my daughter!! Every member of staff we met was friendly and helpful beyond words. Nothing was too much trouble.
That night we returned to our room after seeing a show. In the room the staff had arranged a cup cake with Happy Birthday written around the plate, along with a bag of sweets and a beautiful birthday card signed by what looked like everyone from the Chesterfield!!
When it came to our last day the hotel stored our bags away for the day whilst we made the most of our last few hours in London. When we returned to collect our belongings the staff including Jack, Englebert and Tony (first class concierge!) came to say goodbye and presented my daughter with a tiny Chesterfield Teddy for her to keep.
This was my daughter first trip to London and what a memorable experience this beautiful hotel and its members of staff made for her. She took along the Teddy for show and tell on the Monday morning at school and told everyone about her birthday trip. She is now on my case to book a return visit to the Chesterfield (before her next birthday!). This hotel has won the loyalty of a 9 year old!
Whatever your reason for visiting London this is definitely the hotel I would highly recommend. The staff are absolutely incredible and the hotel is in a class of its own. The customer service you will receive will be second to none. I recently stayed at well known 5 star hotel just around the corner where I just felt like ‘another guest’.
The Chesterfield is a home from home where you feel around friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located in exclusive Mayfair, near to designer shopping and many of the city's most iconic attractions, the Regency style hotel feels comparable to a traditional private club. Quiet, calm and efficient service blends with supreme comfort and luxury. Guest rooms and deluxe suites combine superb facilities with relaxing surroundings. The Library, Butlers Restaurant, Conservatory and intimate bar cater for every culinary whim or inclination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your The Chesterfield Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel London
- Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- Chesterfield Mayfair London