“Wonderful stay”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #12 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We have just stayed for three nights in a standard queen room, while the room is compact in size it was all we needed. I enjoyed the full bath at the end of our busy days and the lovely linen on the bed.
The location of the Chesterfield is perfect for walking to many of the main tourist sites.
We enjoyed champagne in the lounge and a lovely high tea one afternoon.
The staff were extremely friendly.
We used the complimentary gym just down the road, finding the back entrance is a bit tricky but worth it in the end.
We would recommend this hotel for location, ambience, service, and cleanliness.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and I’m pleased that the relaxing bath at the end of the day and lovely linen created such a favourable impression and relaxing stay.

Thank you, too, for your wonderful feedback about the Champagne in the lounge and the Afternoon Tea you enjoyed with us; I am sure our Food and Beverage Manager as well as the Executive Chef and their teams will be very pleased to read your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Stayed in a twin (302) on Saturday night. Welcome at reception was good, as was information provided. Room comfortable enough, except that it was a little too small for two chairs to go round the table. Decor-wise most of the room was fine, but there was a red plastic surround to the bed which jarred somewhat with the quality of the other furnishings and finishings.

Shower was lovely and we didn't drown the bathroom, as some others have mentioned.

Room 302 is right by the room service door, so I was awakened at about 6.30am by breakfasts being brought through to other guests.

However, breakfast could be improved. The coffee was rather weak and no one explained at first about using the breakfast buffet for the express choice. The freshly squeezed orange juice was excellent, as were the croissants, but these were let down by the roll which had been left in the chafer for far too long and was rock hard.

Would I stay again, sure if someone else was paying!

Room Tip: if you can afford it, pay for a bigger room. Also, ask for a room away from room service doors, unl...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ReasonLondon

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback from your recent stay with us.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

I’m sorry to read that your room with us was not entirely satisfactory and I would like to thank you for highlighting the concerns you experienced. With regards to your comments about the small size and decor of the room, we do have larger categories of rooms; please enquire with our reservations team when next making your reservations to ensure a more comfortable stay.

Thank you for your feedback about the breakfast, please rest I have addressed this with my Food and Beverage Manager on the improvements that we can make to ensure a better breakfast experience for our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

My wife and I stayed 4 nights early May. Fantastic hotel. Great staff, great small boutique hotel and very well located. I booked this hotel based on the reviews on trip advisor and we were not disappointed. Close to everything. Metro, cafes, West End. Our room was spacious with great bathroom. Decor spotless.

1  Thank Craig S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members

Thank you for your great description of our surrounding areas and highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

My husband and I recently enjoyed a weekend break at the Chesterfield to celebrate a special occasion. We have stayed there on several occasions and always love coming back. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming. The staff are lovely and the food is excellent. It is situated in a perfect location.

We have stayed at various hotels in London, but the Chesterfield is our favourite and look forward to going back in the future.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a pleasing review from your stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had wonderful weekend break with us and thank you for choosing us to celebrate your special occasion. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I must echo the fine words of others who have praised the Chesterfield Hotel. My partner discovered this hotel and made the booking for a weekend stay. From the moment we arrived until our departure we found the hotel and its staff to be superb. The rates are excellent and we felt like invited guests to the Earl of Chesterfield's private London home rather than a hotel.

The staff were genuinely kind and helpful from the doorman who assisted in valeting out motorcar, to the kind staff at check in, to the concierge who booked a hotel and the bar staff who not only looked after us but our four legged companion Amira, who in keeping with her name was treated like a princess. As one of the few pet friendly hotels in London, they have a complete menu for dogs and cats and nobody every treated her as less than a welcomed guest.

The restaurant and conservatory were very well kept, the meals excellent and service there also first rate. Everyone was helpful and smiling. It made the entire experience that much more stress free.

Our room was a superior double and we were very pleased to have so much space. Even with a king sized bed. The bathroom was well appointed and quite new and very clean. Housekeeping was excellent and courteous when we needed an extra towel and they were so very patient with regard coming round to make up our room when we were out with our beloved pet.

I cannot rate this hotel and its terrific staff highly enough. I would close with we will, of course, be back. But I would like to also mention we met another couple who have been coming to the Chesterfield for several years, sometimes bi-weekly and they refuse to stay anywhere else.

Combine the excellent hotel with catering kind staff, very good rates and an absolutely fantastic location for shopping on New Bond Street or walking to Hyde Park and you have you dream hotel in London.

Room Tip: We had a room off the street and found it quiet enough.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay with us. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Thank you, too, for your wonderful feedback about the meals you had in the Butlers Restaurant and Conservatory; I am sure our Executive Chef and his team will be very pleased to read your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Nice hotel in nice area. Breakfasts were more than ample. Clean and tidy rooms. Only no mini bar fridge in our room so that was inconvenient. (Were not told that when booking). Would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank James1969_12

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the clean and tidy room created such a favourable impression.

Thank you for your suggestion of a mini bar in the room; currently all the standard rooms do not have a mini bar available however when making your next reservation please do let our reservations team know and we will gladly place a mini bar in your room.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed here a few years ago and loved it. I was anxious to return when my husband and I planned an overnight trip for my Birthday. The room was super - spacious for a London hotel, stylish and with a lovely bathroom. All the public places are very stylish too. However, the mini bar was empty apart from someone's half eaten salad. Also the service in the restaurant was slow although dinner was very good. The breakfast buffet was average for a hotel of this standard.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such your review from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to welcome you for such a special trip. I am pleased that the spacious and comfortable room as well as the stylish public areas helped to make your stay so memorable.

I was very concerned to read that the mini bar was empty and the service in the restaurant slow. I have personally addressed this with my team who will in turn provide additional training to prevent a similar reoccurrence. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.