“Fantabulous Weekend!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Barrow upon Humber
“Fantabulous Weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

What can I say other than what a gem of an hotel! Booked for our 20th anniversary and treated ourselves to the Mayfair Weeekend package which included 3 nights bed and breakfast, afternoon tea, bottle of champagne, complimentary newspapers and Internet. Excellent value for money when you compare it to many of the "room only" deals in central London. We took our afternoon tea on arrival and cannot fault the attentiveness of the staff, their knowledge of what they are serving in terms of us trying new teas and the quality and presentation of the food. All in all a great start to our break. We chose to have dinner in The Butlers Restaurant on our first evening and again, the staff were very attentive and the food again was excellent and reasonably priced. We booked a superior king room which was not huge but perfectly adequate. Beautifully decorated and bed linen and pillows to die for! Must admit to not usually sleeping well in hotels but not this one - I was out like a light! Breakfast - well all I can say is fill your boots! Plenty of fruit, yoghurt, croissants and cereals to choose from plus the excellent selection of cooked breakfast. Set us up for a full day of sightseeing. I can honestly say that you would be hard pressed to find an hotel which is such good value in the perfect spot than this. Literally 10 minutes walk to Buckingham Palace and likewise Regent/Oxford Street. Green Park tube is five minutes walk away if needed but with everything in close proximity we tended to walk everywhere. I cannot praise the Chesterfield enough. We will definitely be back as we loved it so much.

Room Tip: We were on floor 4 overlooking the a/c units so view not fantastic but the noise was neglible. In ce...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank katjb12
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that we were able to welcome you for such a special anniversary trip. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Thank you for your great description of our surrounding areas and highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in June 2012, chose this hotel due to the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. The staff in the hotel have made our stay extremely pleasant through their helpfulness and friendliness. They're always willing to go the extra mile, even when it's merely giving directions to the nearest convenience shop. My family booked two standard queen rooms. We stayed on the seventh floor in the rooms right at the end. The space was adequate, if not very big. The bathroom was stocked with amenities (although I would have preferred it if slippers were provided in the room instead of having to call housekeeping for them). I loved the little treats left on the pillows during turn-down service. The beds were EXTREMELY comfortable! The hotel is a 7 minute walk to Green Park station, which was bearable. We also had afternoon tea on our last day there, which was not bad and quite filling. Of course, I think I would have enjoyed the hotel even more if I hadn't been out exploring London the whole day!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Cherylcxe
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that we were able to welcome you for your family trip. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

I got in touch with Chesterfield as i was looking for someone special to hold afternoon tea for my mothers 50th birthday and from the moment I got in touch they were extremely helpful. Our main contact Antoine most certainly went the extra mile in order to make sure the day was very special. We book the library exclusively as there were 13 of us and it is a truly beautiful room and made the experience all the more special. The food was beautiful and the plates were replenished constantly so that you didnt go hungry. I have had afternoon tea as many places that are considered more luxorious and which were most certainly more expensive and I can honestly say that none came even close the Chesterfield. I would highly recommend that you go here for afternoon tea as it is a beautiful hotel and the staff are terrific! I could go on forever with how good my experience was but just think you should try it for yourself, you wont be dissapointed!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jade T
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review.

I am thrilled to read that you and your party had such a wonderful afternoon and we were able to make your Mother’s 50th birthday a special and memorable one. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, in particular Antoine, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family; we do find that word of mouth is the best form of advertising we can get.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Folsom, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

We recently stayed at the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in London in April as part of our Paris/London vacation. Everyone and I mean everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. We never once opened a door or carried our own bags. There staff made us feel like it was a personal pleasure for them to aid and assist us any way they could. The concierge was incredibly knowledgeable about everywhere we wanted to go from the Underground, Oxford shopping district, The theatre district, and tours. Even the kitchen and maid staff were extremely efficient and courteous. And we got room service every morning. The room was clean, neat and very comfortable. The wifi was efficient and copiers and printers all available. We will definitely stay there again when we come back. Restaurant was delicious also.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rebecca C
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant feedback from your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am delighted to read that we were able to provide such exceptional service from the moment you arrived. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed for long weekend in May. Fantasic experience and couldn't fault any aspect of the stay including the Afternoon Tea. Wonderful meal and very attentive and helpful staff. Would certianly stay again. If you like big glitzy then this would not be the place for old. An old world charm with all the mod cons.

Room Tip: Rooms may be on small side for some if you can afford the suites then go for it. No Pool and fitness...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had a lovely afternoon tea with us and. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our Executive Chef about the excellent quality of the food.

I will also be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

My first visit to this hotel provided me with a different perspective on what makes a fine hotel. Sparkling new facilities, piles of pillows and similar amenities do not hold a torch to proper demeanor, courteous service, and attention to details as was evidenced in this hotel. Not that anything physical was lacking; it wasn't. The class in this hotel was far above what is considered normal nowadays.

Room Tip: Ours was on the sixth floor, so I know those are good. I did not have opportunity to use sports fac...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cloyd B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent trip with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

Being in London on business trip this hotel was my choice on several occasions. Great location, walking distance to Piccadilly Circus, Soho, parks etc. Hotel is located in Mayfair, classy, 'old money' neighborhood in central London with great restaurants and bars nearby. Hotel itself is very nice old Victorian style building (at least i thing it's Victorian), rooms very classy but small with all the usual necessities available. Great breakfast - try eggs benedick - never tried supper, with all these great restaurants in London to chose from, felt kind of silly to eat in my hotel. Anyway, have stayed in The Chesterfield 3-4 times and always has been a great experience and hopefully will be back. Recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ThomasVF
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us.

I am please to read that once again you had an enjoyable stay and we are your first choice hotel. I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate the great description you have given of the hotel and surrounding areas.

I look forward to welcoming you back for all of your future business trips in the near future.