“Simply Sensational”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Australia
“Simply Sensational”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I recently provided my Uncle with an all expenses paid trip to England which included 10 days at the Chesterfield. I have stayed here each time i am in London and it never disappoints - so i thought it was the logical choice to send someone :)

As usual the Chesterfield provided its customary first class service, food, concierge and accommodation to my Uncle. He has not stopped telling everyone just how good it was.

Kudos to the Chesterfield Hotel and especially the staff. Special mention to Chris Campbell - thank you !

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Forest G
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the brilliant review.

I am thrilled to read that your Uncle had an exceptional stay. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, in particular Chris, about their service and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Norwich england
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Once again we stayed at The Chesterfield Mayfair in London. We have stayed in many good hotels in the capital but return time and again to Red Carnation hotels. The service is always superb.

This visit we drove to London and as our car was taken away to be valet parked we checked in even though it was only 11am. Our room was ready and we were delighted to be upgraded to a Junior Suite. What a treat. Two bathrooms a wonderful bed and all the amenities that you could wish for. We were only there for one night but we were treated as old friends and we wanted for nothing.

There are hotels with grander rooms but none that I have found with better service and indeed I believe that Red Carnation represent good value for money.

this time we did not sample any food as we had a restaurant booking and could not face breakfast the next day! If you want a comfortable place to relax, with service at the highest standards without feeling "ripped off" then I commend Red Carnation Hotels to you - personified by The Chesterfield.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MangoChutney
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant feedback from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had an exceptional stay and thank you for your great description of your room and as well as all of the extra special touches.

We look forward to welcoming you back The Red Carnation Family again in the near future.

Ham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2012 via mobile

Best service in town. Gorgeous surroundings and everything you could wish for.
Prices are high but it is worth looking out for their (rare) special offers.
I would certainly go back for a special treat.

Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Anne S
, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant feedback from your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am delighted to read that you were able to enjoy our brilliant service. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Given the importance of our holiday (brother and sister/spouses trip to England), I spent a considerable time trying to select the perfect hotel for our stay in London. Needless to say, the Chesterfield Hotel definitely proved to be our "home away from home" in London. From the e-mail correspondence and check in to the room, dining facilities and lounge bar, everything was more than expected, in fact superb. I would particularly like to highlight the hotel staff who displayed an enthusiasm and pride in their work and their hotel that clearly indicated that they were happy in what they were doing. I especially liked coming back at night and being greeted with "welcome back". That really stated everything. We will always use the Chesterfield as our home away from home for our next stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the high floors and away from the street
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Paulette H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair and we were the perfect base for all the family to reunite together. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to your London “home away from home” in the near future.

Rotherham
Reviewed 4 July 2012

The best possible hotel experience...my wife and I booked their weekend break for 2 nights as a celebration for our retirement and to see the trooping of the colour (15th to 17th June 2012). It was a fabulous experience and great value - it included breakfast, afternoon tea and a bottle of Champagne (we also got a number of special extras which we didn't expect ie canapes and strawberries and congrats cards in our room). Perfect in every way - such a pleasure to be treated like someone special (even though we are not!!) This is our 2nd stay and will certainly not be our last (Thank you Oliver for your very nice letter sent on our return home!!)

Room Tip: I can't comment as we were very happy with our room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrianRotherham
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review about your stay way with us.

I am pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of our brilliant weekend package and celebrate your retirement with us, and the special extra touches were so appreciated. . It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

I am also pleased the letter received upon your return was such a pleasant surprise. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We had a lovely long weekend break, hotel was lovely, staff very welcoming, excellent service. A very nice breakfast, very relaxing atmosphere. Would highly recommend this hotel. The room was beautiful, lots of little personal touches a very relaxing stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lynn r
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent trip with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair as well as all the extra little touches in the room. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Greenock, Scotland
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We arrived very early in the morning on the day of our stay and although our room wasn't ready at that point, we were allowed to freshen up and leave our luggage. We were given directions of how to reach our destination for the morning and we went on our way, Upon our return, which was still before check-in time we found that our room was then ready and our luggage had already been delivered to the room. For London, the size of the bedrooms were quite generous and provided you with anything you needed from tea and coffee to an iron and ironing board. Anything else we asked for was brought to us immediately and as we had stayed with Red Carnation Hotels before we were also greeted with a lovely welcome letter and a fruit plate from the General Manager.
Breakfast was served in a lovely restaurant and the staff couldn't be more helpful. Anything we asked for, again was provided immediately and we were not rushed at all.
From the hotel you were within walking distance of almost anywhere - we hardly used local transport at all even though we had planned to.
When we wanted a taxi to take us to the theatre, the concierge managed to find us one at a very busy time of day within a few minutes.
As our time in London came to an end, the staff all wished us and safe journey home, found us a taxi to take us to the train station and when we arrived home we received a lovely letter from the hotel thanking us for visiting and saying they would love to welcome us back, which I though was a lovely touch.
We will definitely be returning to this wonderful hotel in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank jinty67
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had an exceptional stay and I’m pleased that our comfortable room as well as the welcome card and fruit plate created such a favourable impression.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.