“Lovely Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Naples, Florida
“Lovely Stay”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at the Chesterfield Mayfair for four nights.
We had a deluxe twin room which was very cozy and perfect for the two of us.
The hotel's location is ideal for getting around either by foot or tube. I love the Mayfair area!
Our first night we were delighted to have champagne and cake brought to our room for my birthday celebration.
Our morning started out with a hearty breakfast in Butlers where we had a choice of either buffet or cooked to order. The Eggs Benedict were exceptional, so much so that I twice indulged!
Afternoon tea was very enjoyable and certainly very filling. The staff happily brought extras of our favorites.
We dined once at the hotel's Terrace bar and thoroughly enjoyed sharing their "sharing plates".
Our only disappointed was our last night's dinner at Butlers. We were anticipating having the dover sole, only to find out that they had run out. They did make up for this by making us table side crepes suzettes, which were fantastic.
I would not hesitate booking this hotel again when traveling to London.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank maris57
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent birthday trip with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield and your birthday stay was so special. Thank you, too, for your wonderful feedback about the breakfast, afternoon tea and Terrace Bar, I am sure our Food and Beverage Manager and Executive Chef will be very pleased to read your comments and share these with their teams.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again for your next trip and to have some of our famous Dover sole.

Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 October 2012

My husband I and stayed at the Chesterfield for our first visit to London. It was perfect. The location seemed ideal....we walked to the Green Park underground station as well as fun restaurants and Piccadilly Circus. We were treated well by everyone...even got an anniversary card signed by the whole staff! Ate a wonderful meal in the restaurant and had a drink most evenings in the bar. Our room was good size as was the bathroom. Service was outstanding.....I ordered coffee to our room every morning and it was delivered in record time. Just a lovely experience.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent Anniversary stay with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your special Anniversary stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. I am happy that you enjoyed the signed card from the staff; we feel that small gestures go a long way.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver a special experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Silicon Valley, CA
Reviewed 31 October 2012

After staying at The Balmoral Hotel in Edinburgh, I thought no hotel would compare, but I was wrong: My daughter and I next traveled to the Chesterfield Mayfair in London. What a great spot! Four quick blocks from the underground (Green Park), the Chesterfield Mayfair has an impeccable British feel. Though there was a small mixup on the room type (twin vs double), the hotel upgraded us to a suite so we could have separate twin beds. It was wonderful! We adored the feeling of the rooms, the wonderful amenities, and the whole hotel. The bar at the Chesterfield was particularly welcoming and fixed us hot toddies when we came in freezing from the cold. Breakfast was DELICIOUS with hot food cooked to order and and bread and fruit buffet. I had their special porridge one morning that included WHISKEY as well as double cream and brown sugar. I didn't have much of the whiskey but I did try it--very swish! Just half a block away was an outstanding pub (The Only Running Footman) and we ate there and at a nearby Indian restaurant (Tamarind) at the recommendation of the fine concierge. The whole stay was welcoming and special even though the hotel was full at the time! Warmly recommended.

Room Tip: The Dormer Suite was outstanding!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you and your daughter had such a wonderful trip and the upgrade to the suite was so appreciated. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I will also be sure to pass on your comments to our Executive Chef and his team about the excellent quality of the food and buffet at breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, especially to have some more of the special porridge for breakfast!

Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed 31 October 2012

It was the perfect setting for our London vacation. We stayed there 4 nights and everything was perfect. The staff was probably the best part. Chris, the concierge, couldn't have been more helpful with planning our daily itineraries. We stayed in a room called The Study which made it all the more memorable. Amazing finishes and decor. If there was only one incredibly minor drawback it was the lack of drawers but the closet space was adequate. They went above and beyond with turn down service, complimentary bottled water, coffee, tea and cookies, a very comfortable bar area with great food and jars of sweet treats for our enjoyment at any time of day or night. Incredibly cost effective for all the great service you get when compared to the other hotels in the area. Don’t miss the High Tea offered at the hotel either. We won't stay anywhere else when visiting London.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you all had an exceptional stay and we are happy that you enjoyed the all the small extra touches provided; we feel that small gestures go a long way.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, in particular Chris, about their service and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Winchester, England
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We had a weekend in London at the end of September 2012 and went to Ronnie Scott's night club in Soho. We needed a central London hotel as we wouldn't be leaving the Club until 1am or later. Having searched the net for some time I found that the Chesterfield in Mayfair provided the best option (we don't like to slum it!). We paid about £216 for a night (exc breakfast) but it's pretty hard to beat that price in the West End.

Location was great and the service and staff absolutely fine. The room was small however and the view from the window was of air conditioning units and fire escapes. I guess we had one of he cheap rooms!

We chose to pop out for breakfast and found a great cafe in the nearby Shepherd Market area which was great.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you have taken to write your review and thank you for doing so.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for highlighting our great location.

We do have different categories of rooms available with various sizes; please do contact our reservations team when next making your reservation so that the best room is booked for a most comfortable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Midlands/Eng
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Stayed for 4 nights in October. An expensive hotel in a prime spot so initially we were very disappointed in the room. The smallest we have stayed in with the bathroom only big enough for one person at a time with the door opening onto the sink area - not ideal. This was a shame as the attention to detail and the staff/service was excellent. We stayed in a superior king room. It was at the back of the hotel so the view was non existent (scaffolding and what looked like derelict buildings).
The rooms are traditionally decorated but inkeeping with the hotel. The soundproofing from the corridor not great.The bed was very comfy, complimentary water restocked as required as were towels throughout the day, housekeeping very attentive, concierge very helpful - always on hand to help with umbrellas, taxis etc. Room service menu very good with a good choice until 10.30pm. Not very flexible later than that with a limited menu. Probably would not stay again because of the room but could not fault anything else - it felt like a classy hotel.

Room Tip: We did not ask to move as we were out a lot but ask not to be at the back of the hotel.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review from your stay with us.

I am please to read that you found the service and staff to be excellent as well as the attention to detail and small touches. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

With regards to your comments about the small size of the room, we do have larger categories of rooms; please enquire with our reservations team when next making your reservations to ensure a more comfortable stay.

I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Chesterfield on our first weekend away without our baby and it was the perfect choice.

The hotel is in a lovely location on a quiet Mayfair street, it is a 2 minute walk from Berkeley Square, 5 minutes from Green Park underground station, 15 minutes from Piccadilly Circus / Regent / Oxford Street and 20 minutes from Covent Garden. This was the first time we have stayed in London and not had to use public transport at all - makes for a much more pleasant experience.

The hotel itself has a lovely feeling of old-fashioned elegance, the reception area and foyer are understated and very welcoming. It seems more like a private members club than a hotel, I wouldn't be bringing my child here, it's really not particularly suitable for young families - which was ideal for what we were looking for! We booked a superior room, which was tastefully decorated, but certainly not large - definitely not as large as the superior rooms look on the hotel website. It did have a very comfortable king bed and lots of wardrobe space, but there wasn't space for much else in the room, which wasn't an issue for our 2 night stay, but might not be great for a longer stay. The bathroom was also quite small, but had a brilliant shower and a great selection of toiletries.

We didn't eat in the hotel because we had various reservations in place before arriving, but with hindsight that was probably a mistake, the menus and afternoon tea options looked amazing and we will definitely try the food next time.

The next time we are in London child-free, we'll definitely choose The Chesterfield.