“Lovely hotel, perfect location, fab staff!”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ambilly, France
“Lovely hotel, perfect location, fab staff!”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I stayed at the Chesterfield Mayfair, for business purposes, for 4 nights. I must say I never came across staff with such professional and personal approach at the same time. When staying there, you do not feel like being in a good hotel, but in one where everything is done to make you feel at home and to make your life easier :-)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Claire003
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review from your stay with us.

I am please to read that you found the professional and personal service of the staff to be so excellent. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 4 November 2012

The room was really small for 2 adults. The location is great, the Green Park is very close as well as the Buckingham Palace. The restaurant is very expensive. Room service was good but slow. We stayed for 2 nights over weekend and found it ok considering the UK standards.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank theshadowvienna
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write your review.

Thank you highlighting what a brilliant location we have; I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

With regards to your comments about the small size of the room, we do have larger categories of rooms; please enquire with our reservations team when next making your reservations to ensure a more comfortable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel this weekend for my girlfriends birthday.. The staff here went out of their way to make it special for her, the room upgrade, the birthday card, the cake, the great friendly service...a must must stay here! Thanks

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Harry E
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that we were able to welcome you for your first trip to England and we were able to provide you with a special traditional British experience.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Eureka, California, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Having never been to England before, I had certain expectations about how things would look and feel. The Chesterfield Mayfair honestly met all of imaginings about all things British! The old world look of the decor, the tea selection in the room, the bellman & doorman's attire and the lovely sunroom. Everything was perfectly clean (I'd heard humorous stories about the English plumbing but no problems here!!) and well maintained. As it was included in our package we enjoyed the Afternoon tea and again, so lovely and what I imagined it would be like. We also ate all our breakfasts there and one dinner. Antonio (hope I remembered his name correctly) was our waiter twice and he was so kind explaining, for instance, how tea is done. He always made us feel welcomed and I hope this praise is passed on to him. I could go on and I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Close to the underground & a pub across the street (The Last Running Footman, fun place too). Also forgot to mention Starbucks coffee available in the lobby for us Americans addicted to our caffine! Thanks Chesterfield Mayfair!!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review from your recent stay with us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This is a fantastically discreet and intimate bar tucked behind Picadilly. It feels quintessentially English, with a dark and cosy colour scheme, and extremely good, but personable service from the attentive waiters. Their themed Bond cocktails for the launch of Skyfall were both entertaining with a special section at the start of the drinks menu, and also really very good. I particularly enjoyed my Vesper.
The wine selection is also excellent, with the very reasonably priced South African Bouchard Finlayson wines offering a really good variety.
Food was also lovely - even if you don't fancy anything substantial, there is cheese on toast doing the rounds - a perfect amount just to keep the lid on your appetite, and help soak up some of the cocktails...
It's a lovely, timeless place, where I will happily come back, either to show London visitors a real London experience, or just on my own to relax! Highly recommended.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your brilliant feedback.

I am pleased to read that you had such a wonderful time in our cosy and comfortable Terrace Bar. Your feedback about the delicious cocktails and wines is fantastic and I am pleased to read that you were able to enjoy our excellent added touches such as the cheese on toast.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 1 November 2012

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at the Chesterfield Mayfair for four nights.
We had a deluxe twin room which was very cozy and perfect for the two of us.
The hotel's location is ideal for getting around either by foot or tube. I love the Mayfair area!
Our first night we were delighted to have champagne and cake brought to our room for my birthday celebration.
Our morning started out with a hearty breakfast in Butlers where we had a choice of either buffet or cooked to order. The Eggs Benedict were exceptional, so much so that I twice indulged!
Afternoon tea was very enjoyable and certainly very filling. The staff happily brought extras of our favorites.
We dined once at the hotel's Terrace bar and thoroughly enjoyed sharing their "sharing plates".
Our only disappointed was our last night's dinner at Butlers. We were anticipating having the dover sole, only to find out that they had run out. They did make up for this by making us table side crepes suzettes, which were fantastic.
I would not hesitate booking this hotel again when traveling to London.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank maris57
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent birthday trip with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield and your birthday stay was so special. Thank you, too, for your wonderful feedback about the breakfast, afternoon tea and Terrace Bar, I am sure our Food and Beverage Manager and Executive Chef will be very pleased to read your comments and share these with their teams.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again for your next trip and to have some of our famous Dover sole.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 October 2012

My husband I and stayed at the Chesterfield for our first visit to London. It was perfect. The location seemed ideal....we walked to the Green Park underground station as well as fun restaurants and Piccadilly Circus. We were treated well by everyone...even got an anniversary card signed by the whole staff! Ate a wonderful meal in the restaurant and had a drink most evenings in the bar. Our room was good size as was the bathroom. Service was outstanding.....I ordered coffee to our room every morning and it was delivered in record time. Just a lovely experience.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent Anniversary stay with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your special Anniversary stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. I am happy that you enjoyed the signed card from the staff; we feel that small gestures go a long way.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver a special experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.