“Afternoon Tea...”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, UK
“Afternoon Tea...”
Reviewed 26 November 2012

After a rehearsal my friend (an oboist) and I went to the Chesterfield in Mayfair for an afternoon tea. Great that no formal clothing policy - went in as casual as you like (I was also carrying a few recording items but hotel staffs were very very helpful). If you can, then try sitting in the green colour area full of plants etc. Food n tea was very good and the service was excellent. Reasonable price. Though may not be by the main shopping area (yards from Berkeley Square) - I would recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your visit for Afternoon Tea.

We pride ourselves on our great team and friendly, helpful service. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, especially the Restaurant Manager and our Executive Chef.

I look forward to welcoming you back again to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the near future.

Oliver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Midlands
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Even the taxi driver at Euston Station was impressed when we told him where we were heading, The Chesterfield is in the Heart of Mayfair we had a short walk out in the evening to the bustle of Piccadilly and and a short walk in the morning to Oxford Streets shops.
First off we were up graded to a junior suite which was a lovely surprise.
The Berkley Suite was beautifully decorated in blue and gold and the flowers that our daughters had ordered for us were waiting in a vase. We also had Champagne from them sent to our room accompanied by a complimentary Anniversary plate of cup cakes.
The hotel facilities are exceptional and the staff were very attentive, right down to the porter making sure that we were heading in the right direction when we took our walk out in the evening.
A pre dinner drink in the bar was enhanced by the pianist in the corner making a really nice atmosphere.
The food is excellent and the restaurant beautifully turned out.
Every one was kind pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your stay.

I am delighted that we were able to make your anniversary celebration a truly special occasion. We pride ourselves on our great team and friendly service and creating a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere. The Bar and Restaurant Managers will appreciate your observations on your evening dining experience.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I only visit London once or twice a year and stay at an hotel for one or two nights at the most. I have stayed at the Chesterfield for some years now and find it conveniently central to the West End. Each time I arrive I am welcomed efficiently and with a genuine warmth that is relaxing and creates a warm glow even in wet or cold weather conditions. The rooms are equipped with everything I need to make the stay enjoyable and the check-out arrangements are fast and they do everything possible to facilitate your onwards journey. I do not think of booking anywhere else.

Room Tip: I ask for a room in a quiet location and usually finish at the end of a corridor next to a store roo...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Roy E
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled that your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel is relaxing and warm, and you find everything you need for your time in London. Thank you for your great description of our surrounding areas and highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2012

This was our second stay at the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. Once again customer service was superb. We had a beautiful room and breakfast was top notch. If you want to stay in a classy hotel in a quiet but convenient area then this is the place to go.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your stay with us.

We pride ourselves on our great team and friendly service. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Orpington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Thank you for our wonderful stay at the chesterfield Mayfair,
from the onset we were made to feel very special.

Our room was both very comfortable & very beautiful.
Our evening meal was first class, & morning breakfast
was just as good.plenty to choose from.

Mychildren paid for our stay as a birthday gift to me
i would say the gift was perfect thanks to all at the Hotel
would love to stay again, & highly recomend it to all
Ann Lockhart

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that we were able to make your birthday celebration a truly special occasion and will pass on your kind comments to all our team here.

I look forward to welcoming you again at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Eldora, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I spent two nights at this wonderful hotel. Great location. The service was top notch from all the employees and the food was fabulous. The bar manger, Paul Hogg, was very gracious and entertaining, and made us feel very much at home in a land far away from our own! Give that boy a raise!

Room Tip: I don't know if they have a swimming pool or fitness centre...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that your stay was a wonderful experience and I am pleased that our high level of service created such a favourable impression. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, especially Paul.

I am delighted to inform you that we do have an arrangement with the local gym situated a short walk from the hotel. Please feel free to speak to the Front Desk who will provide you with all the information.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2012

stayed at this charming old world hotel this week while on business in London and felt truly at home. I wish I could have stayed longer than 1 night.
My room was really very comfortable and inviting and I enjoyed an amazing nights sleep which is most unusual for me while away from home. The towels were especially fluffy and noteably softer than in any hotel I have ever stayed in. Breakfast hit the spot, lots of fresh fruit and my eggs were cooked to perfection. The staff were all exceptionally warm and helpful but i have to single out Jack Conroy at the front desk who couldn't have been more charming or helpful.
I am looking forward to my next stay at the Chesterfield when I hope to sample the Afternoon Tea which has a wonderful reputation.
You won't be disappointed by this gem.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you had an exceptional stay and I am pleased that you enjoyed a great night’s sleep in our comfortable room as well as a wonderful breakfast. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, in particular Jack, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future; I hope you will have time to experience our Afternoon Tea.