“Superb”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,075 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I frequently have to stay in London and have tried most of the 4/5* hotels and the Chesterfield is, in my opinion, the best. The staff are extremely helpful, the rooms nicely decorated, beds and (very important) the pillows are very comfortable.On the last visit I had dinner in Butlers Restaurant and the food was delicious, the chicken with pistachio crust and foie gras was absolutely superb. It is now my regular place to stay.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SDG58
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time you have taken to give us your wonderful feedback on your visit at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you find your stay so comfortable and the service so good. I am sure our Executive Chef will be pleased with your kind comments on the quality and standard of dining in Butlers Restaurant. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

Thank you for making the Chesterfield Mayfair your hotel of choice in London.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

First stay at this hotel. My main objective when looking for a good hotel is a really good bed....and that is what I got. It was heavenly. Deep mattress, proper pillows.....slept like a log! Bathroom has everything you need. Staff are very helpful. No minibar but they have prompt room service so it doesn't matter at all.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LadyPrimrose

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a positive review from your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you found your stay so refreshing and that you had everything you needed for a good night’s sleep. Thank you for your kind comments for our helpful staff and prompt room service. If you do prefer to have a minibar in your room, please let us know your wishes when you make your next booking and we will accommodate your wishes.

I look forward to welcoming you to The Chesterfield Mayfair on your future visit.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

this hotel was 100% everything i was looking for in a hotel in london. every member of the staff was exceptional. we worked the concierges hard and they never disappointed. check in was quick, a room was ready even though we were early, the bed was super comfy, and the room was beautiful. our view stunk, but who cares? hotel is located less than 5 minutes from the green park tube station, a great central line that we could go everywhere from. we walked to hyde park(where there was a winter carnival going on at the time), buckingham palace(but it is a long walk), and even to piccadilli. the hotel accommodated out gluten free requests without fail. the high tea was fantastic! i can not think of one thing they could have done to improve. i highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: remember that european hotel rooms and beds tend to be smaller than what we're used to in the st...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank katehasl

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay with us.

I am pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations and accommodate your specific requirements. Our Executive Chef will be delighted that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea and I will pass on your kind comments to all our staff, especially the concierge desk.

Thank you for recommending The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel, I hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

We had a fantastic stay at the Chesterfield last year but I decided to check-out alternative hotels and offers before booking what seems to have become an annual “Mayfair Ladies” event. “Us” four ladies are of a certain mature age which we completely refuse to disclose and are all current, or ex-businesswomen – including two restaurateurs. Our expectations are high but not unrealistic. The Chesterfield offers were too good to resist, so, we booked their Mayfair weekend package. This included afternoon tea for two, a bottle of premium champagne per room and a 6pm checkout. Often a return visit to a hotel doesn’t match expectations and there are certainly areas in the hotel that would benefit from a little decorative “touch-up”. However, I am delighted to say that the standard of guest service cannot be faulted. We had a very embarrassing mix-up with room allocations on the first night for our two guests from Mallorca. Lorna, the very lovely Irish Duty Manager sorted everything out to our complete satisfaction - not an easy task! She completely won us over and we have already given her our “Mayfair Ladies” booking for next year. Also, there are huge improvements in the bar area. Paul, the bar manager just excels at what he does. We were very, very impressed by the standard of service and attention he gave us and everyone else and look forward to meeting with him again next year. In summary, the Chesterfield appeal to a wide range of clientele - there was a wedding, a baby shower, a hen party and us…! Certainly, us ladies feel it is a very safe and comfortable place for independent female travellers – irrespective of age. Without doubt, there are “posher” hotels in the area but no matter what you pay you will really be hard pressed to find one that offers the amazing guest service and individual attention that you will find at the Chesterfield.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kathy S
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that your stay was a wonderful experience and I am pleased that our high level of service created such a favourable impression. We take great pride in providing our visitors with exceptional service and understand that every detail is important to ensure all our guests have a brilliant stay.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, especially Paul and Laura.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again for your next stay with us.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

The Chesterfield is tucked away in a quiet Mayfair street, but still within easy reach of the West End.
It offers a excellent friendly service with a touch of luxury. It has everything you could want for a business or leisure break in London. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank edward r

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review from your stay with us.

We take great pride in our great team and friendly service. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

My husband has stayed at the Chesterfield on several occasions mainly for business reasons and I was delighted to join him on one of these. The rooms are comfortable, beautifully appointed but the reason we shall return time and time again is that the attention to detail is unsurpassed. The food and especially the wine (Galpin Peak Pinot Noir - do try it) is superb. Location is excellent and the service we have had from all the staff has been exceptional, in particular one gentleman at the Front Desk (Chris Campbell) went out of his way to ensure that our stay was enjoyable. I have no hesitation in recommending the Chesterfield.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pauline1301

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted you were able to join your husband and experience our hospitality for yourself. We pride ourselves on our great team and attention to detail. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, especially Chris Campbell.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Went to Butlers restaurant for lunch had an fantastic meal, Scollop the biggest i've ever seen, juicy crab cakes really tastey very good pairing of wines out standing service. a very well kept secret in the middle o Mayfair

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Adam D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your visit with us for lunch.

We pride ourselves on our great team and friendly service. Our Executive Chef will be delighted to hear your kind remarks on the quality of the selection at Butlers restaurant. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.