“Great Easter Holiday- John & Zeline”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #15 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 April 2008

Our first trip to London and couldn'at have picked a better place to stay than the Chesterfield Mayfair. The hotel has great character- from the library to the restaurant, bar, lobby and conservatory. Our superior king room wasn't large, but it was quite charming. We enjoyed the robes, slippers, afternoon snacks-great ammenities.The staff, however, is what really makes this hotel. They were all polite, helpful, and quick to responsd to our requests. Our favorite person was Loris in the Butler restaurant. We have included his photo. Charming and a good conversationist. We recommend this hotel to all who are traveling to London-We plan to stay there soon.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (3,427)

Reviewed 29 March 2008

Although it's been awhile since our visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair, I still remember what a wonderful experience it was! We were there in June 2007-My first visit to London, I really wanted an classic English experience and this was definately the place! My husband was working in London during our 4 day stay, so I was also nervous about safety and I can say I felt very comfortable being out and about during the day on my own. The 5 minute walk to Green Park Tube Station was the perfect chance to take in all the local sights. I made it to all the attractions using The Tube. I might add, as a first time visitor to London, one of my favorite things I did on my own was purchase a $25 ticket for the day to ride one of those double decker buses. I chose the narrated routes- 3 different routes for one price- (funny dialouge by the narrators) and had such a great view from the top deck, that i did not want to get off the bus! Great idea for families or rainy day way to see the city effortlessly, esp to get your barings and become familiar with the layout of the city! CLose to the hotel was The Shepard's Market, a quaint area to grab a bite to eat and Picadilly Circus, Buckingham Palace, The bURLINGTON Arcade, most museums (the V & A) and Trafalgar Square all within walking distance. I even walked to Harrod's (about a 15-20 min jaunt) because it was a lovely sunny day. Upon arrival from the airport (after 3pm) our room was ready and waiting. We were on the 5th floor and looked out the front of the hotel. Not an exceptional view because of the window casing and window size, you could crane your neck to look up and down the street if you wished. The room was very quiet and most comfortable- non smoking and never smelled any smoke at all. The king bed & bed linens were exceptional, but seemed low to the floor for our american standards. Yes, the room was also small by american standards, but i was fully expecting this since we were in Europe, after all! We never felt cramped, and the size of the room added to the charm and English ambiance. The bathroom was perfect in every way and sparkling clean. The front desk staff and concierge were EXCEPTIONAL! We decided to have some friends join us for our reservation for High Tea at THe Ritz Carlton and the concierge was able to change our reservation for us, not once but twice. Very patient and most professional staff that i have encountered anywhere in the world! When we inquired about last minute theater tickets, they gave us honest and detailed advice about checking at the TKTS booth near Leicester Square, this was perfect for us and saved us lots of $$ on last minute theater tickets. We did not dine in the restaurant, but now reading all the wonderful reviews, i wish we would have! We made a late night stop at the hotel bar and enjoyed the piano player and complimentary snacks. Wonderful bartender and staff there. I have recently recommended this hotel to several friends, and honestly you cannot beat the location and ambiance of this hotel. I would not want to stay anywhere else in London! Promise we'll be back one day!

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank saraferd
Reviewed 26 March 2008

Very nice hotel, good price quality, good service.

Central position in Mayfair between Piccadilly, New Bond Street and Oxford street.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 6 March 2008

I stayed at the Chesterfield Mayfair in late January, 2008, while on my return to North America from meetings in Europe. Although I had no meetings in London, I still needed to send e-mail and faxes for issue follow-up. The complimentary wireless internet connection provided in the room was more than adequate for the e-mail and internet research I needed to perform. The front desk received and sent faxes for me promptly and confidentially. Even in my single room, the workspace and supplies were excellent. When I returned to my room after a day of museum going and generally tramping about London, it was a great pleasure to see my bed turned down, the TV guide turned to the evening's listings, and the room service menu already opened. The first night I arrived, ragged from too much work and not enough play, I ate dinner at the hotel restaurant. If it is possible to feel wrapped in tender care by complete strangers in a public place, Butler's restaurant is the place to provide it. This is not always the case for business women travelling alone, and it began my stay at the Chesterfield on the best possible note. From service to amenities to cleanliness to location, the Chesterfield met and exceeded my expectations. The attention to detail and overall guest care went beyond anything for which I have paid a similar price in New York City.

Stayed: January 2008
4  Thank Robidoux
Reviewed 4 March 2008

This last 2 night stay was our 4th visit to the Chesterfield. From the first moment we stepped over their threshold, staff made us feel so welcome. All the rooms that we have stayed in, the latest being 522, have been great.
The location is perfect, quiet but just a 5 minute walk from Piccadilly and the same to Hyde Park and Oxford Street.
Service is impeccable, breakfast really sets you up for the day and Dinner in the restaurant is very good.
Ahhhh the thought of a sandwich and glass of champagne in the Bar, after arrival is so convivial.
Home form Home in London for us.
Carol & Ernie.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarolFitzpatrick
Reviewed 6 February 2008

General Manager Oliver Raggett and his staff know how to do it right. They handled everything for us -- from setting us up with tours to acquiring football (soccer) tickets to giving us directions to navigating the Tube -- painlessly and efficiently. The rooms were clean and comfortable and they pampered us almost too much. They are friendly and professional, especially in the details many places overlook.

The hotel itself was luxurious and perfectly located in central London, with easy access to the entire city via Tube or walking.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank SDSoccerFans
Reviewed 4 February 2008

I choose the hotel based on the reviews on this page.
I stayed a weekend (25/-27/1) together with my wife and we loved it.
The rooms are tiny (even by London standards) but really nice and the staff is excellent.

Regards,